[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 4 -- [BETA 03/05/2012]

cron666

Reaction score
didnt have many problems to begin with so im not a good test of that.
i did however get a more smooth transition between 3g and 4g yesterday with the 4-17 build and no OTA update compared to the 4-12 build.

just applied the OTA today and still on the 4-17 build.

to keep root after the update, make sure voodoo ota root is installed beforehand.
use voodoo to temp unroot the device, do the update procedure, and then use voodoo to restore root.

also have to do another safestrap after the update.
i launched the D4 safestrap utility on stock system and Uninstalled Recovery, then Installed Recovery. just to be safe.

doing all of this as i type.

looks like safestrap is working using this method (just seemed safest to me)

all latest builds are mirrored on my site including gapps.
im not sure whether i will host the OTA update as the mediafire link was taken down.
new link is in the comments on droidlife.

Gangrif

Reaction score
Starting at stock moto rom (safe disabled, rooted, safestrap installed)

I installed voodoo, and backed up root.

Then installed the update as described in the thread i linked above.

I didnt touch safestrap or root before installing.

After the update, i lost safestrap, and root.
Restored root with voodoo.
Restored safestrap with hashcodes safestrap installer.

Booted into safestrap recovery.
switched to safe (CM9 4/17).

Its working pretty well. I cant say if its any better or worse than before the update yet. I'm in my office, where i'm pretty much wifi only.

Bluetooth seems better. Not sure if thats the blur/moto update, or an update that's come to CM9 since the last time i tried bluetooth. It still breaks phone audio when enabled by not connected to an earpiece, but it actually works with the bluetooth earpiece (which it never would for me in the past).

cron666

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with bluetooth before. Just used it on a little road trip with my boss yesterday. It took two tries to connect to his bluetooth in the car but was fine after that. Worked great with my stereo/mono earpiece all last week too.

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

Gangrif

Reaction score
Didn't have a problem with bluetooth before. Just used it on a little road trip with my boss yesterday. It took two tries to connect to his bluetooth in the car but was fine after that. Worked great with my stereo/mono earpiece all last week too.

I was having major problems with older builds. I'd stopped installing the nightlies and went back to stock for a few weeks until things progressed a little.

Could be that the bluetooth issue was solved weeks ago and I didnt know it.

Fletch71011

Reaction score
Installed the OTA update but didn't unroot or remove safestrap. They remained.

Flashed the 4/18 build. Still getting pretty much no data/4g whatsoever. I'm in Chicago and it works fine with stock.

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
couldnt get the update to install... pretty annoyed with that. i tried everything, leave safe strap un rooted with voodoo, enabled/disabled safestrap, stock rom.. failed everytime nothings frozen or deleted. but on a good note, its been a day on 4/18 and havent lost any data yet... first nightly that it hasnt failed

stkma70

Reaction score
What's the error code its giving you when it fails?

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

Joe_Schmoe

Reaction score
While we're on the subject guys, I updated my phone and lost root. What do I have to do to get it back?

Joe_Schmoe

Reaction score
You should be able to re-root it using the Droid 4 Utility.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

I tried that and had no success. All apps that require root access are notifying me to root my phone.

cron666

Reaction score
Look for the thread here about the update. A user has provided a bunch of files from the stock firmware to bring your device back to complete stock.

Also, make sure you are flashing this while safestrap is in Original mode (non-safe)

You shouldn't have been modifying the original system anyway.

Easiest might be to restore the backup of your original system (again make sure your are in Original mode) and then perform the flash.