[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks dude thats awesome i can deal with a little battery drain for my bluetooth I have to give it a go as soon as I get home

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums
Bluetooth working and crystal clear now thats just freaking awesome

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
Hashcode, you rock!!!!!! I just got my droid 3 and installed this rom last night. It seems more stable then the cm7 rom I had on my droid 2. There are a few bugs that i found, not sure if anyone else noticed them. I know its still in the alpa stages. I noticed that handcent sms wont allow you to do a quick respond with the physical keyboard. Also skype crashes when doing a video call but I take it that has to do with the video issue that is in your list of not working items. Also, are you going to fix the battery increments to go up by 1%?

krazyace38

Reaction score
Hashcode, you rock!!!!!! I just got my droid 3 and installed this rom last night. It seems more stable then the cm7 rom I had on my droid 2. There are a few bugs that i found, not sure if anyone else noticed them. I know its still in the alpa stages. I noticed that handcent sms wont allow you to do a quick respond with the physical keyboard. Also skype crashes when doing a video call but I take it that has to do with the video issue that is in your list of not working items. Also, are you going to fix the battery increments to go up by 1%?

According to the changelog the 1% battery has been fixed in the latest nighly build and the handcent messenger works fine for me with physical keyboard but the video part is still a work in progress. Did u make sure u didn't let google restore settings while setting up phone after flash? And its in Beta stages now

Last edited:

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
Thanks krazyace38 for the fast response. The handcent issue may have been some weird issue I was having I rebooted and it seems fine. I will have to test it out more. It only was happening with the quick response pop up when locked not when opening the app. How do I go abut updating my nightly? Do I need to wipe the data or can i get away with just wiping the cache and dalvik cache and install the zip? I would like to take care of the battery thing. Its kinda driving me crazy but I know its a minor thing. Also will Hashcode be adding the cyanogenmod tool to the rom when it is closer to a final build? I noticed that I cant customize the lock screen but I guess right now the focus is squashing bugs and making the ICS ROM stable. Just curious if this will be something added down the road. and thanks again for answering my questions.

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
krazyace38 I did see something about google restoring my settings when dl the rom but I dodnt really know if I did or didn't do that. I think I bypassed the google sign in thing and added the account later but not to sure. Is there a way for me to check? What would happen if I did the wrong thing and allowed google to restore my settings?

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks krazyace38 for the fast response. The handcent issue may have been some weird issue I was having I rebooted and it seems fine. I will have to test it out more. It only was happening with the quick response pop up when locked not when opening the app. How do I go abut updating my nightly? Do I need to wipe the data or can i get away with just wiping the cache and dalvik cache and install the zip? I would like to take care of the battery thing. Its kinda driving me crazy but I know its a minor thing. Also will Hashcode be adding the cyanogenmod tool to the rom when it is closer to a final build? I noticed that I cant customize the lock screen but I guess right now the focus is squashing bugs and making the ICS ROM stable. Just curious if this will be something added down the road. and thanks again for answering my questions.

Your very welcome! Its recommended that u wipe everything but you can try just wiping system cache and delvik cache and flash but I recommend making a backup before flashing just in case and I'm not sure if hashcode will add the cyanogenmod tool he probably will as far as customizing the lock screen try the AOKP version its more customizable and you can customize the lock screen its the version I use. Letting Google restore settings is bad it will restore Gingerbread settings on top of ICS and will cause issues. You did the right thing by skipping the normal setup

mrgator85

Reaction score
Just to clarify, If i am coming from a previous ICS beta, I can let google restore my settings when upgraded to a newer (yesterday's) nightly?

Thanks for the help.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify, If i am coming from a previous ICS beta, I can let google restore my settings when upgraded to a newer (yesterday's) nightly?

Thanks for the help.

I let mine restore from hashcodes to AOKP so you should be OK.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

krazyace38

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the changelog doesn't get updated with the nightlies

nu2droid

Reaction score
Mms

I have to say this is sweet. Runs like a champ and I thank all involved for that.. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed 2 things though.
1st, once or twice I lost all reception (data and phone), reboot and wait fixed it for me.
2nd, I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I can receive them, but I lost the ability to send them. When I first installed the ROM it worked. But slowly the ability went away. I didnt change any settings, themes, etc and poof gone...
Anyone else? Thoughts?

TheCometRider

Reaction score
I have to say this is sweet. Runs like a champ and I thank all involved for that.. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed 2 things though.
1st, once or twice I lost all reception (data and phone), reboot and wait fixed it for me.
2nd, I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I can receive them, but I lost the ability to send them. When I first installed the ROM it worked. But slowly the ability went away. I didnt change any settings, themes, etc and poof gone...
Anyone else? Thoughts?

What messaging program are you using? Did you delete or freeze the stock program?

nu2droid

Reaction score
No freezing. It was the stock app that came with the rom. Using go sms. Helped a bunch but not completely.
I have had the same problem with 3 different ICS roms. That and the phone not recognizing the external sdcard.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TheCometRider

Reaction score
No freezing. It was the stock app that came with the rom. Using go sms. Helped a bunch but not completely.
I have had the same problem with 3 different ICS roms. That and the phone not recognizing the external sdcard.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Go SMS (and most of the other messaging apps too) uses the stock app tosend and receive mms messages. If you remove or freeze the stock app, Go SMS will have problems with mms messages. The sd card problem seem odd. I would is the ap fastboot file with rsd lite to get back to stock gingerbread then re-flash cm9 over a clean system. If that doesn't work, then you may have a flakey sd card :S let me know if that works for you.

Hilokilo

Reaction score
The rom is great! Thanks Hashcode!
The only problem is that ICS doesn't support app to SD... I really need this feature, is there a hack for this? Thanks.