[ROM] [SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) [NIGHTLIES]

rindrew

Reaction score
Something really screwy happened when I installed the 20120609 nightly. Most of the menus came up black and I didn't have any sound on my device. I tried to restore from the safestrap backup I did just prior and received a checksum error. I had to reinstall the 06-06 nightly to get everything working. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks.

tman_c45

Reaction score
if we never got the .906 update because we were on this rom, we would have to disable safestrap, accept the 906 OTA, and then re-root, bootstrap, flash, correct?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
if we never got the .906 update because we were on this rom, we would have to disable safestrap, accept the 906 OTA, and then re-root, bootstrap, flash, correct?

Correct. You would have to go into the safestrap app and click uninstall recovery, then you would be able to accept the OTA. You'll need Motofail in order to root it, though. But after that, you can reinstall safestrap and flash away. :)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Correct. You would have to go into the safestrap app and click uninstall recovery, then you would be able to accept the OTA. You'll need Motofail in order to root it, though. But after that, you can reinstall safestrap and flash away. :)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid
I'm sure I should know the answer to this (but I don't!): once done with the process, can I restore a backup of a pre-update version of AOKP, or do I need to only install versions based on the updated build?

-Matt

Lizx3

Reaction score
I've been losing call audio intermittently with the last several builds and restarting my phone has always fixed it but with the 6/15 build I've lost it completely. boo!

zachjen

Reaction score
Lizx3 said:
I've been losing call audio intermittently with the last several builds and restarting my phone has always fixed it but with the 6/15 build I've lost it completely. boo!

Same thing has been happening with my wife's phone. Sometimes a reboot fixes it sometimes toggling Bluetooth fixes it sometimes and sometimes nothing fixes itself until it fixes itself. Can't figure out what triggers it. I'm going to flash the latest release and see if that fixes it.

patfactorx

Reaction score
Yeah the call audio bug forced me to switch back to a Gingerbread build

nka

Reaction score
Bluetooth fixed yet?

Is Bluetooth fixed on the latest build (40)? Also, I have been having a lot of problems with GPS not detecting my location. I use GPS Status to fix it temporarily, but am wondering what's going on?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

nka

Reaction score

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the suggestion. So I installed FasterFix, ran it, and is it just a one-time thing you have to do for it to find your location, or do you run it with boot or what?
TBH I'm not sure. ;) There wasn't much in the way of instructions, and I didn't quite follow some of the details in the reviews (like rebooting). FWIW I set the server to North America, pressed "Go"...then fired up GPS Status and 7 or 8 satellites were already fixed. Checked again this morning and it was still good. :) I figure I'll run it as needed on the go, like I normally do with GPS Status.

-Matt

nka

Reaction score
TBH I'm not sure. ;) There wasn't much in the way of instructions, and I didn't quite follow some of the details in the reviews (like rebooting). FWIW I set the server to North America, pressed "Go"...then fired up GPS Status and 7 or 8 satellites were already fixed. Checked again this morning and it was still good. :) I figure I'll run it as needed on the go, like I normally do with GPS Status.

-Matt

thanks, will give it a shot.

Daniel0524

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with Data. I am unable to manually add APNs. It gives me the option of adding them but as soon as I save, they disappear.