[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
krazyace38, you are right. I upgraded my rom to the latest nightly and the battery percentage was fixed to go by 1%. Its funny I chose to install this rom the day before hashcode fixed the battery percentage and asked for it to be fixed and it was. This rom is amazingly stable and I thank you hashcode. I would like to let people know that I tried to upgrade my rom without wiping the data and it was all f***ed up. Apps were missing and I needed to wipe the system as well as cache. All is good now.
3 bugs remaining for me, front camera, sliding unlocks phone, and the battery says fully charged when 95% but continues to charge to 100.
The last one isnt a major thing but just pointing it out. The camera is the one thing I am waiting desperately for. I read that the slide unlocking the phone may be a difficult thing to fix as this rom was ported from a non sliding phone.

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
I have had the same problem with 3 different ICS roms. That and the phone not recognizing the external sdcard.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
You can get to your sd card by going to mnt/sdcard-ext
Ints not as nice as hitting the sd card icon but it is there and accessible.

nu2droid

Reaction score
You can get to your sd card by going to mnt/sdcard-ext
Ints not as nice as hitting the sd card icon but it is there and accessible.

It will recognize the card in a file manager like root explorer,but not in the gallery, the music player or camera.

Sent from my DROID3

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
It will recognize the card in a file manager like root explorer,but not in the gallery, the music player or camera.

Sent from my DROID3

I just noticed that. Tried to send a file from my sd card to an email and it cant access it. Had to copy it to the internal sd to be able to send it.

krazyace38

Reaction score
I just noticed that. Tried to send a file from my sd card to an email and it cant access it. Had to copy it to the internal sd to be able to send it.

Try un-mounting and then re-mounting the sd card to see if that fixes it. I use the AOKP version and it has alot more customization and I don't have any problems with the rom

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
krazyace38,
I am gonna try the AOKP tonight. :)
BTW. where do u see the change log I want to know when the web cam gets fixed but dont wanna harass people all the time when it could be as easy as checking a log file daily myself.

krazyace38

Reaction score
krazyace38,
I am gonna try the AOKP tonight. :)
BTW. where do u see the change log I want to know when the web cam gets fixed but dont wanna harass people all the time when it could be as easy as checking a log file daily myself.

In the op on page one it has a link to changelog and nightlies

souweine

Reaction score
Gmail won't send

I have installed the 3/20 nightly and several previous ones and I can't seem to get gmail to send a message. It just sits there and says sending. I have searching the forums and can't quite seem to find anyone else with this problem...

If its been covered, please direct me to the thread, if not... any ideas? I did a full wipe/data/cache/davlick etc, installed the 9.0.0-RC0-solana-KANG and the google apps that goes along. I did not let google update/restore my settings.

Any ideas? I love Hash's work here... this ICS is a dream on the Droid 3. Thanks in advance, and sorry if its been covered.

krazyace38

Reaction score
I have installed the 3/20 nightly and several previous ones and I can't seem to get gmail to send a message. It just sits there and says sending. I have searching the forums and can't quite seem to find anyone else with this problem...

If its been covered, please direct me to the thread, if not... any ideas? I did a full wipe/data/cache/davlick etc, installed the 9.0.0-RC0-solana-KANG and the google apps that goes along. I did not let google update/restore my settings.

Any ideas? I love Hash's work here... this ICS is a dream on the Droid 3. Thanks in advance, and sorry if its been covered.

I think you have the wrong version of GAPPS try this one http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
Just flash without wiping

souweine

Reaction score
Thanks krazyace38!

That is the file I used... I will try the wipe right now. I will report back!

souweine

Reaction score
Noobie is me!

"wipe cache" or "wipe data/factory reset" or "wipe dalvik" or some combo of the three.....

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
On the most recent nightly (AOKP-4.0.3_r1-solana-2012-03-16-04_30), my camera does not work at all with the default camera app and with 3rd party camera apps, the camera preview display is very small and oriented the wrong way.

krazyace38

Reaction score
On the most recent nightly (AOKP-4.0.3_r1-solana-2012-03-16-04_30), my camera does not work at all with the default camera app and with 3rd party camera apps, the camera preview display is very small and oriented the wrong way.

The latest nightly is 03/23/2012 not 03/16/2012 try the latest one that should solve your problem make sure u do a full wipe and also make sure you have the latest GAPPS. Enjoy :)

Maverick0984

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID3

I know for a fact that if you put music on the external sdcard, it *is* recognized in the Play Music (Google Music) app. Can't speak for images though.