[SELFKANG ICS AOSP ROM] CM9/ICS for Droid 3 -- [NIGHTLIES]

souweine

Reaction score
Fixed it

Noobie is me!

"wipe cache" or "wipe data/factory reset" or "wipe dalvik" or some combo of the three.....

I found the problem, turns out it wasn't ICS or the devices. I went into my gmail settings from a PC, and went to "accounts". Once there I changed the default account from a POP3 to gmail, then went back to my original choice... bammo mail would send.

No idea why, but that's what worked.

Thanks for all the help.

Evacuate

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I rooted my Droid 3 a few months ago and have flashed all of the GB Roms, the latest I was running was SteelDroid 4.5. I decided to try the ICS Rom and flashed with this one first, CM9/ICS nightlies. I am not tech saavy but I have a root wifi Xoom and have been keeping up with the EOS Wingray nightlies and have been very happy. I rooted both devices basically to have more options, fix battery, etc., usual stuff, I have learned a lot lurking here and other forums but I think it is time to start asking questions.

Okay, enough background, I have a simple question. First, I am very happy with this Rom, I like the ICS much more than the GB, hence my decision to try this out and everything works well and it looks great except my call screen. I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but when I click to phone to make a call it appears the dial pad is all squished up at the top, however, when I turn it to landscape I get the dial pad is just fine. Any suggestions? I want to point out I did do a Nandroid backup, full wipe and flashed the Rom and latest Gapps listed in this thread.

I plan on testing out the other ICS Roms as well so I am not overly concerned but if this is ends up being my favorite I would like to be able to fix this issue, thanks for the help.

shane1

Reaction score
No issue with the call screen here ....you can try the rest but you'll come back to the best ;)
Hi all,

I am new to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I rooted my Droid 3 a few months ago and have flashed all of the GB Roms, the latest I was running was SteelDroid 4.5. I decided to try the ICS Rom and flashed with this one first, CM9/ICS nightlies. I am not tech saavy but I have a root wifi Xoom and have been keeping up with the EOS Wingray nightlies and have been very happy. I rooted both devices basically to have more options, fix battery, etc., usual stuff, I have learned a lot lurking here and other forums but I think it is time to start asking questions.

Okay, enough background, I have a simple question. First, I am very happy with this Rom, I like the ICS much more than the GB, hence my decision to try this out and everything works well and it looks great except my call screen. I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but when I click to phone to make a call it appears the dial pad is all squished up at the top, however, when I turn it to landscape I get the dial pad is just fine. Any suggestions? I want to point out I did do a Nandroid backup, full wipe and flashed the Rom and latest Gapps listed in this thread.

I plan on testing out the other ICS Roms as well so I am not overly concerned but if this is ends up being my favorite I would like to be able to fix this issue, thanks for the help.

cwassman

Reaction score
Same issue with me today with phone dialpad. On landscape its fine, but on portrait it does look like all but the call button is squished into the top quarter inch of the screen.
This is on the nightly from 3/29.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

krazyace38

Reaction score
Hi all,

Welcome to the forum! Try the 3/31 build the keyboard and several other problems have been fixed

Evacuate

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Try the 3/31 build the keyboard and several other problems have been fixed

Thanks, I just flashed the 3/31 build and problem fixed, loving the Rom so far...going to stick with it for a while.

By the way, any suggestions on a texting/messaging apps, I text quite a bit and I want something better than the stock one and I want to avoid the "go launcher" stuff I was using before with GB, don't really care for it, thanks again

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks, I just flashed the 3/31 build and problem fixed, loving the Rom so far...going to stick with it for a while.

By the way, any suggestions on a texting/messaging apps, I text quite a bit and I want something better than the stock one and I want to avoid the "go launcher" stuff I was using before with GB, don't really care for it, thanks again

I use Handcent SMS works great and has a lot of features. BTW Bluetooth still not working just in case you use it

MadDogFooker

Reaction score
I use Handcent SMS as well.
I heard that the Droid Razr Maxx is getting ICS update through Moto. Will this help speed up the production of this rom as well as the droid 4 rom hashcode is working on? I would assume he would be able to use some drivers and look at some of the coding motorola is using and use it to get things finalized.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Which build are you running? I am on 3-31 and used Bluetooth (phone and media) for like 2 hours without interruption yesterday..

Sent from my XT862

Sorry about that I meant to say (bluetooth still not working in the AOKP version in case you use that) my bad on that part I was very tired been trying to solve issues with several roms for people on different forums. :)

krazyace38

Reaction score
I use Handcent SMS as well.
I heard that the Droid Razr Maxx is getting ICS update through Moto. Will this help speed up the production of this rom as well as the droid 4 rom hashcode is working on? I would assume he would be able to use some drivers and look at some of the coding motorola is using and use it to get things finalized.

Just found out from Hashcode that it won't help d3 but will for d4

nu2droid

Reaction score
Sorry about that I meant to say (bluetooth still not working in the AOKP version in case you use that) my bad on that part I was very tired been trying to solve issues with several roms for people on different forums. :)

Lol

Sent from my XT862

OP
Hashcode

Hashcode

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.hash-of-codes.blogspot.com
Hey,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the help people are getting over here at DroidForums. I can't visit the 16+ forums that I need to visit as often as I'd like, so seeing people get some help with install questions and usability issues makes my day.

And isn't that what the Android community is all about? People helping people. And having fun with our devices.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Hashcode

Big D

Reaction score
Thanks Hash. Krazy has been a huge help. Just sayin.

Thanks Krazy.

krazyace38

Reaction score
Thanks Hash. Krazy has been a huge help. Just sayin.

Thanks Krazy.

Your very welcome! The developer are so busy getting those bugs worked out so I was just trying to give them a break. I've been studying software developing and computer science since November 2011 and It helps. I asked Hashcode if a PC repair tech and builder could do the developing thing and he told me to give it a try so I took him up on it. Its no peace of cake let me tell ya :)