Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So screen protectors, my Wrapsol ones were a disaster. They were very expensive, insanely hard to apply and they had the entire top right corner cut out which is ridiculous for such a high end product.

I'd buy my normal Seidio screen protector but looks like they took the easy way out as well and just cut the top right corner out by the camera.

Anyone happy with their screen protector yet that just has the hole for the speaker and FFC? Would like a dry application if possible, but I'll take all suggestions thanks.

Sorry to hear about the Wrapsol. :(

I got the Skonimi TechSkin and very happy with it. It only cost me $6 or so. It's wet application but real easy to put on. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...-shield-samsung-galaxy-nexus-3-39-amazon.html

scdown

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Bodyguardz for protectors - it's like a lot of the other wet-apply protectors, but when you go back to buy other products, you get a 20% discount as a returning customer, and you get lifetime discounts on replacements for your protector. They gave me one of those discounts on my Droid protector because the corner was fraying/lifting. Great customer service.

creaky

Reaction score
I like this Screen protector!!!

flex_1.jpg

SGP Google Galaxy Nexus Screen Protector Steinheil Flex Series

I like these cases:
T2TBmaXatXXXXXXXXX_360489530.jpg

T2xkCaXgdaXXXXXXXX_360489530.jpg

galaxy nexus case | eBay

Any other thin hard shell cases like this that anyone would recommend? I'm looking for something sleek (not rubberized).

Also, is there such a difference in size that the above case wouldn't fit the cdma nexus?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
Any other thin hard shell cases like this that anyone would recommend? I'm looking for something sleek (not rubberized).

Also, is there such a difference in size that the above case wouldn't fit the cdma nexus?

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

Check out these Incipio Feather cases. I'm going to order one today and already confirmed with customer service that it will fit the verizon nexus.

Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

creaky

Reaction score

creaky

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the VZW-brand screen protectors. Just tried to apply - awful!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I actually like the car dock despite it not having a built in charge port. Its very clean looking as with all Samsung electronics. One of the reasons I don't use a case...I would have to take it off to put my nex in the dock.

But I've carried all my phones naked since the d1 .

sent from unlocked gnex

Havok

Reaction score
Regarding the Verizon branded screen protectors and silicon cover. Actually had really good luck putting them on myself. A trick I learned at the store is the liberal use of scotch magic tape to both re-lift a corner and go after dust if needed.

Worked great. However, (there's always a 'however') the mistake I did make was in buying the anti-glare version... makes the display look horrid on white or bright backgrounds :frown:. Even with the brightness turned up. I'll get a better brand for the replacement, but at $11 for 3... didn't care as I wanted something on that screen out the door.

The glossy black silicon cover works great for me. Goes on easy and snug. Only concern will be the extended battery will likely not fit under it as it appears fitted in shape...

Last edited:

Mont

Reaction score

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Regarding the Verizon branded screen protectors and silicon cover. Actually had really good luck putting them on myself. A trick I learned at the store is the liberal use of scotch magic tape to both re-lift a corner and go after dust if needed.

Worked great. However, (there's always a 'however') the mistake I did make was in buying the anti-glare version... makes the display look horrid on white or bright backgrounds :frown:. Even with the brightness turned up. I'll get a better brand for the replacement, but at $11 for 3... didn't care as I wanted something on that screen out the door.

The glossy black silicon cover works great for me. Goes on easy and snug. Only concern will be the extended battery will likely not fit under it as it appears fitted in shape...

I also tried the Verizon anti-glare protectors and had the same problem on bright backgrounds. Really was bothering me so I just got the Zagg Invisible Shield. Screen looks perfect during use and even though it has a slight orange peel effect, its only visible when the screen is off. As far as cases go I have the Incipio Silicrylic case and I really like it but I wanted to get the car dock which it wont fit in. Does anyone know of any case/dock combos that are out. I know Seidio had one for the OG Droid but I haven't seen anything as of yet. Its a shame they came up with such a good idea with the docking pins but its gets ruined by the constant need for a case.:frown:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a new screen protector. Hopefully they're better then Verizons. Their "anti-glare" screen protectors made the screen look like crap, and it had that matte feeling which is just.. horrid to me.

Plus, this phones going back for a new one, see if I can get lucky with a good battery like some people. If not, hopefully people find a fix for the Android OS problem people have been seeing. The most mines lasted is 8 hours and that's with having to toggle airplane mode on/off all the time. Not to mention, the screen scratches easy, got 1 from just being in my pocket with nothing else in it.

Last edited:

stark23x

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with the VZW-brand screen protectors. Just tried to apply - awful!

That and they alter the color and make the screen more...uhh..."pentile-y." Just a bad screen protector all around. Waste of money.