Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Nexus - $3.39 on Amazon

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Did you wait 24 hours?

No I didn't. I applied it around 9PM and played with it after a couple hrs for just a few minutes then set it down then went to bed. The next morning all the smudges underneath were almost all gone.
By the afternoon, it was all perfect.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Ugh... I think I'm going to have to reapply mine. I let it set for a while and it has a terrible orange peel effect. When the screen is on, you can't always tell, but when the screen is off, it looks terrible! :p Not sure why, I applied it exactly according to the instructions. ;). Oh well. Anyone else have that problem? I've had it on for several days. I figured it would go away like everything else, but no. =\

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

thehogsters

Reaction score
I hate this screen protector. The orange peel sucks and the thing gets dings very easy. Any other none wet app protrctors recomended?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys are really having issues contact Skinomi if you bought it directly from them. I can pretty much guarantee that they'll replace it without issue.

kristinz84

Reaction score
AHHH nightmare with the carbon fiber skin. Once I opened my battery door I couldn't get it back on so I had to peel the carbon thing off :(
Film still looks awful but hopefully it will go away in a couple of days. Its been 21 hours and counting

rlb

Reaction score
Applied screen protector last night and let it sit overnight (~10 hours). It looks like I scratched the screen protector with the included squeegee, this is quite annoying.

thehogsters

Reaction score
Applied screen protector last night and let it sit overnight (~10 hours). It looks like I scratched the screen protector with the included squeegee, this is quite annoying.

Same problem here. Scratches started with instalation and keep comming. These things are just to soft.:mad:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Generally the marks that show up from the squeegee disappear after a few days. I've never had any that remain.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

kristinz84

Reaction score
I've had it on for about a week and I still have the dents on the screen too. They're noticeable but not as bad and it looks great when the phone is turned on so I'm not too worried about it.

creaky

Reaction score
Something happened after having the protector on for about a week - these "trenches" that are a couple of mm wide appeared vertically on the screen. If there's any light source from behind, you can see them. Strange and annoying....

kristinz84

Reaction score
I contacted Skinomi through Amazon and they are sending me a new skin absolutely free of charge, no S&H and I don't need to send the skin back. I am very impressed. All they asked is for me to take pictures of the phone to help them improve their product.

natezire71

Reaction score
Does the carbon fiber apply to the Nexus with an extended battery on it well? Thinking about getting this, but want to make sure it fits first.

Edit: That's awkward. This is the wrong product all together. Sorry guys.

Sent from my GNexus

Last edited: