rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

teh_g

Reaction score
I am so excited. I just want my battery to last more than a day.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
LOL No you don't! I was up until 3am last night (wake up at 7:45am for work...) unbricking my phone :p

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben

OMG, I love his rice!

On that note.. don't get over-excited about the quads.. I think the test release had stagefright enabled... :S

Yeah that first quadrant for 1638 was run before the phone was done loading everything I think... the next one was 2129 which immediately made me say, "Oh... dammit." After disabling stagefright though it's still mid 1400s stock.

coolj478

Reaction score
LOL No you don't! I was up until 3am last night (wake up at 7:45am for work...) unbricking my phone :p

OMG, I love his rice!

On that note.. don't get over-excited about the quads.. I think the test release had stagefright enabled... :S

Any chance rubix will include stagefright anytime soon?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

sephtin

Reaction score

OMG, I love his rice!

Oh, stagefright is included.. just that it's the broken one that Moto included in both their blur, and SDK versions.
As soon as a lib that's compatible with a framework Drod uses is available.. I'm sure it'll be included.
One that actually works that is.. :S

akiles

Reaction score
I'm just on page 32 after reading all 60+ pages on http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ated-never-duplicated-focused-1-8-6-a-48.html.

The question has been answered by the same people MORE than 10 times -and so has the quandrant issue. It's even on someone's sig.

I was going to wait to get to the last page of this threat, but I can't wait: Inkarnit, would you please be so kind as to tell me why the version in my phone reads 1.8.6? I am certain I unzipped 1.8.9????? I'll PM you every 15mins with the same question until I get a satisfactory answer. dancedroid

Why is it whenever I am on a forum I get rude comments but no answers? Look I am a newb to all this and I dont know why cant you be a decent human being a give me a answer? You wasted all that swype action for a comment? That was just waste of energy.

Because you don't use your eyes and read. This question has been answered AT LEAST ten times, if not many more. Every page for the past ten pages has had this answer. Look back and maybe you'll understand. Start at page 22, which would be about the point in which I got frustrated after it already being answered a multitude of times previously.

Swyped from my Droid X using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
OMG, I love his rice!

Oh, stagefright is included.. just that it's the broken one that Moto included in both their blur, and SDK versions.
As soon as a lib that's compatible with a framework Drod uses is available.. I'm sure it'll be included.

<Total Noob Question>I've Googled "stagefright" a couple of times, but I only found overly-technical documents discussing it. What, exactly, is "stagefright" and in what way is the Motorola version "broken"?</Total Noob Question>

teh_g

Reaction score
I'm just on page 32 after reading all 60+ pages on http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ated-never-duplicated-focused-1-8-6-a-48.html.

The question has been answered by the same people MORE than 10 times -and so has the quandrant issue. It's even on someone's sig.

I was going to wait to get to the last page of this threat, but I can't wait: Inkarnit, would you please be so kind as to tell me why the version in my phone reads 1.8.6? I am certain I unzipped 1.8.9????? I'll PM you every 15mins with the same question until I get a satisfactory answer. dancedroid

It is a typo. All of our ROMs say that we are on 1.8.6. I am also pretty sure that it has been said in this thread at one point.

teh_g

Reaction score
<Total Noob Question>I've Googled "stagefright" a couple of times, but I only found overly-technical documents discussing it. What, exactly, is "stagefright" and in what way is the Motorola version "broken"?</Total Noob Question>

I think it was meant as a joke. He got 1600 when his phone was "still loading" and got over 2k when it was done loading. The OS is broken because of the locked bootloader and the various bugs that come with the phone.

I could be wrong though.

akiles

Reaction score
I know -I was just kidding. I thought it was my turn to get a rise out of Inkarnit.

It is a typo. All of our ROMs say that we are on 1.8.6. I am also pretty sure that it has been said in this thread at one point.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I think it was meant as a joke. He got 1600 when his phone was "still loading" and got over 2k when it was done loading. The OS is broken because of the locked bootloader and the various bugs that come with the phone.

I could be wrong though.

stagefright is broken, when enabled to true. it breaks media playback

GTvert90

Reaction score
What's the purpose of stagefright? I know it improves quadrant. And in our case breaks media. But what real world improvements does it make other than increased quadrant?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sephtin

Reaction score

Non-technical answer:
It's another method of decoding multimedia files. Instead of using OpenCore (what android uses if you disable stagefright) to play files.