rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

mcp770

Reaction score
I wish quadrant was never made. Anyway I would elaborate but gotta charge 1.93 for the second time since 0600......CAN'T WAIT!!!

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What's the purpose of stagefright? I know it improves quadrant. And in our case breaks media. But what real world improvements does it make other than increased quadrant?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
In the case of stagefright that breaks media, it decodes videos faster. That's why the quadrant is higher with it enabled, it also measures decoding speed of videos and sounds.

Ksoftirq is a kernel soft interrupt. Its fixed. The new version will be coming out as long as battery testing goes well today.

Also, if you guys have an issue that you can't find in the thread, don't get mad at sephtin or another user for missing it and not answering, they aren't the dev of this rom. Get a hold of me and I can either answer or look in to any issue you have. inkarnit and sephtin help out with thread support and testing :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
Non-technical answer:
It's another method of decoding multimedia files. Instead of using OpenCore (what android uses if you disable stagefright) to play files.

Thanks for the 411!

sephtin

Reaction score
<Total Noob Question>I've Googled "stagefright" a couple of times, but I only found overly-technical documents discussing it. What, exactly, is "stagefright" and in what way is the Motorola version "broken"?</Total Noob Question>

I think it was meant as a joke. He got 1600 when his phone was "still loading" and got over 2k when it was done loading. The OS is broken because of the locked bootloader and the various bugs that come with the phone.

I could be wrong though.

stagefright is broken, when enabled to true. it breaks media playback

Actually... Google has stated that Stagefright is fixed in recent versions of their code..... BUT, you need their framework (and kernel? and/or extnsions? (I don't know exactly what components you need).. but supposedly it does work.
IF the bootloader wasn't locked, and we could just load full AOSP.. we'd have working stagefright according to Google. :S

Sorry for lack of linkage.. if someone wants it, let me know and I'll see if I can find it again.

jdhas

Reaction score
Actually... Google has stated that Stagefright is fixed in recent versions of their code..... BUT, you need their framework (and kernel? and/or extnsions? (I don't know exactly what components you need).. but supposedly it does work.
IF the bootloader wasn't locked, and we could just load full AOSP.. we'd have working stagefright according to Google. :S

Sorry for lack of linkage.. if someone wants it, let me know and I'll see if I can find it again.

I have to say, as much as I do love my DX, the freakin' locked bootloader situation on this phone really ticks me off.

OnMy2ndGP

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not used to seeing Quad scores below the "Moto Droid X" score on their chart. My highest stable OC is 1.35GHz and i still never get on 1300. Not mad though. Everything is running smoothly though.

djdlite512

Reaction score
I'm curious, will the new leak have options for the leak and without the leak (like the current ones)? Sorry if it's already been asked.

sephtin

Reaction score
Thanks. So on other phones stagefright works as intended?

Good question! I don't know of a phone that has it working.. but I've never looked at the forums for other phones.. so .. I wouldn't know either way.

Kincaid

Reaction score
Do new versions of roms affect transparency themes? I tried downloading a .apk for the genie weather app which is suppose to make it transparent but I couldn't get it to work. I'm on 1.8.9

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

This shouldn't be affected by the ROM. How are you installing the modded .apk?Are you replacing the "GenieWidget.apk" in System/App?

I used root explorer and placed it in system/app and changed permissions. After rebooting it didn't change anything.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Do new versions of roms affect transparency themes? I tried downloading a .apk for the genie weather app which is suppose to make it transparent but I couldn't get it to work. I'm on 1.8.9

This shouldn't be affected by the ROM. How are you installing the modded .apk?Are you replacing the "GenieWidget.apk" in System/App?

I used root explorer and placed it in system/app and changed permissions. After rebooting it didn't change anything.

Change the original genie widget from .apk to .bak