rubiX Focused 1.8.9/1.9.3

sephtin

Reaction score
So does the upcoming Rubix fix the ksoftirqd/0 process from running 24/7 killing the battery? And what is this process?

Ya know, I asked this a couple times in this thread, and never got an answer...
Does 1.8.6 have this issue? I asked if someone could test it, but never heard back.

mcp770

Reaction score
Well, when I was on 1.86 I don't seem to remember having any battery issues. When I first installed this leak 2.3.320 I immediately flashed Rubix 1.93 and noticed HUGE reduction in battery life over 1.86 almost immediately. In spare parts the culprit was ksoftirqd/0 process running continuously. In prep for the next Rubix I flashed back to stock leak and noticed no instance of that process accounting for any cpu usage and my battery lasted 48 hours with light use. Now I'm back on 1.93 and the ksoftirq process is back at the top of the list never shutting down and my battery is draining like a leaking cup of coffee. It has to be the culprit and by doing a google search it turns out the fix is elusive but possibly linked to a wifi or video driver linked to cpu but its way over my linux pay grade.

sephtin

Reaction score
Well, when I was on 1.86 I don't seem to remember having any battery issues.

I heard mixed reports on 1.8.6, but again, have heard mixed reports on 1.8.9 too (though, mostly complaints)...

If anyone knows how to test for the ksoftirqd issue, that hasn't gone to the leak, would love feedback (I don't have time to reload in the next couple days.. )

Thanks!

Kincaid

Reaction score
Do new versions of roms affect transparency themes? I tried downloading a .apk for the genie weather app which is suppose to make it transparent but I couldn't get it to work. I'm on 1.8.9

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jdhas

Reaction score
Do new versions of roms affect transparency themes? I tried downloading a .apk for the genie weather app which is suppose to make it transparent but I couldn't get it to work. I'm on 1.8.9

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

This shouldn't be affected by the ROM. How are you installing the modded .apk?Are you replacing the "GenieWidget.apk" in System/App?

hub_cap

Reaction score

I heard mixed reports on 1.8.6, but again, have heard mixed reports on 1.8.9 too (though, mostly complaints)...

If anyone knows how to test for the ksoftirqd issue, that hasn't gone to the leak, would love feedback (I don't have time to reload in the next couple days.. )

Thanks!

I just unplugged the phone...and figured out where to find it....I'll report back later today. I'm running w/o the leak 1.89. To be honest --- I haven't seen a terrible redunction in battery performance from stock (standard Vz ROM)....but I'll let you guys know what happens....

sephtin

Reaction score

Thanks!

I just unplugged the phone...and figured out where to find it....I'll report back later today. I'm running w/o the leak 1.89. To be honest --- I haven't seen a terrible redunction in battery performance from stock (standard Vz ROM)....but I'll let you guys know what happens....

Awesome, thnx!

theidoctor

Reaction score
So does the upcoming Rubix fix the ksoftirqd/0 process from running 24/7 killing the battery? And what is this process?

Does 1.8.6 have this issue? I asked if someone could test it, but never heard back.

Seph, 1.8.6 does not have that issue. I never even knew that process existed until I had 1.8.9. I figured it was a part of the rom update. Anyways, my battery drain was not as bad first anticipated but it may be because my phone lasts 7-8 hours at best when I'm ay work. Today I had it off the charger at 7:30 and I'm below 20% already on 1.8.6

I will see what it's Like with the next update, but just to confirm, that process does run higher in 1.8.9.

Some people may have it running longer and harder than others but when I had 1.8.9, it was the highest CPU user but not by much.

Sent from my DROIDX

sephtin

Reaction score

Seph, 1.8.6 does not have that issue. I never even knew that process existed until I had 1.8.9. I figured it was a part of the rom update. Anyways, my battery drain was not as bad first anticipated but it may be because my phone lasts 7-8 hours at best when I'm ay work. Today I had it off the charger at 7:30 and I'm below 20% already on 1.8.6

I will see what it's Like with the next update, but just to confirm, that process does run higher in 1.8.9.

Some people may have it running longer and harder than others but when I had 1.8.9, it was the highest CPU user but not by much.

Sent from my DROIDX

Figures.. in that case, I probably could have created a patch to fix the issue. :p

Oh well, new vers. will be out soon, and ***shouldn't*** have the ksoftirq issue.

unboostedzc

Reaction score
thanks a lot for the poweramp suggestions guys, by far the best player i have used so far.

poweramp took care of the audio playback eq and playback, anyone have anything they can recommend that can boost or adjust in-call earphone volume?

Inkarnit

Reaction score
For those of you who are quadrant fiends... test build of new Focused just ran 1638 with no overclock or undervolt...

teh_g

Reaction score
For those of you who are quadrant fiends... test build of new Focused just ran 1638 with no overclock or undervolt...

STOP TEASING US! :icon_evil:

I can't wait to get the new build. I wish I was a tester. I would feel so useful and it would give me something to do.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

STOP TEASING US! :icon_evil:

I can't wait to get the new build. I wish I was a tester. I would feel so useful and it would give me something to do.

LOL No you don't! I was up until 3am last night (wake up at 7:45am for work...) unbricking my phone :p