rubiX Blurry Bread

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This is very basic right now.. don't expect anything fancy for a while.

Initial release:

• Full init.d support
  • Sysctl.Conf support and pre-tweaked
  • DrodSpeed inside
  • All apps fully optimized and zipaligned
  • Zipalign on every boot (for those lazy themers)
  • Internal Task Killer adjusted
  • Market apps completely removed (yes, even gmail and google search)
To get full gmail function back, you must set Gmail to sync via accounts/sync settings in the settings app.

To get google search function back, you must download it from the market

To get voice search, voice directions, text to speech back, you must download voice search from the mark

That's all I can remember right now.. Since most people I've had talk to me say they were happy with the new blur, I decided to not include the scripts for adding/removing until I get a little more feedback.

Download link:
http://bit.ly/eELXsT

Install:

Install the GB Leak as normal

reboot to clockworking recovery

wipe data/cache(factory reset)

install zip from sdcard

select rubixblurrybread.zip

flash

reboot

enjoy :)

If you like my work, consider helping me afford my plane ticket to get to Google I/O :)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
reserved for me

snoop5

Reaction score
thanks dude seems pretty pretty quick just for basic stuff you da man dancedroid

xjacobx

Reaction score
Running great. finally no more bloat. i got about 12-13 hours today on batter, medium use, but no service most of the day so wifi connected the whole time.

As a heads up i'm building a green theme that will work with this.. to my knowledge no changes were made to the framework or anything so the theme will work on stock GB to.

should be ready tomorrow or the next day :)

reuuin88

Reaction score
Ran into a weird problem, maybe a botched dl or something? But I flashed this and it didn't do anything lol. Didn't get rid of any bloat, but said install complete thx for choosing rubix blah blah. Weird. Gonna try to reflash now, I'll report back.

Edit: I just restored back to a fresh GB install and reflashed and it worked fine. Thanks :) Can't wait for a less blurry version!?

Last edited:

jgmarz

Reaction score
GB deodexed?

Do I need the rooted and deodexed version of GB or just rooted. I have only the rooted version installed.

djstnick

Reaction score
Do I need the rooted and deodexed version of GB or just rooted. I have only the rooted version installed.

I'm wondering the same thing because I cannot seem to reboot into bootstrap successfully after installing gb rooted. Instead it reboots to a blank screen, and I am forced to do a battery pull, and then it starts up normally.

Is there something I'm missing when it comes to getting into bootstrap recovery?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For gingerbread you need DROID2 bootstrap or use DROIDX bootstrap with debugging off.

alosenster

Reaction score
My only issue with Rubix is that even when I get Google Search from the market, I don't know of a way to assign it to the search key. Is this doable?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

thelionelking

Reaction score
Any comment on speed? Rubix Blurry Bread vs. Rubix Focused 2.01 No overclock yet right?