[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

MrAreCool

Reaction score
Can anyone share contacts? I get kicked out of the contact details (and some times the contacts app) every time I try.

vanka

Reaction score
Quick question

Sorry if this is a newb question, just a bit confused about what Clockwork Recovery is needed for this mod. I have a Droid X with clean, stock Gingerbread. I'm pretty sure I can get it rooted, but what Clockwork Recovery do I need? Do I need to sbf back to Froyo?

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use D2 bootstrap to flash Liberty, the power button has recovery built in so you won't need it after that.

on the move..

McBain01

Reaction score
Im having a tough time getting my calls and texts to go through on the first try and even second and third trys. Anyone else having similar issues? I wiped all data coming over and Ive done all *228 items with no success.

aatonytone

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the back up assistant? i cant get it to work? any help would be greatly appreciated.

vanka

Reaction score
@popcenator: Thanks for the help, I got my DX rooted, bootstraped, and Liberty 3v1 installed.

I am running into a bit of an issue with the Launcher. I increased the hot button count to 4 and then when I try to add the Dialer and Contacts shortcuts, it seems to add them but when I click on them it says: "Application is not installed on your phone." However, when I run the apps from the app drawer they launch fine. The original Dialer shortcut works fine (even with 4 hot buttons enabled) but I'd like to have the Dialer on the far left then then Contacts with 2 extra apps on the right. Any ideas what could be causing this?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a known issue with the Launcher when you increase the hotseats. I just use a different Launcher.

Boot Manager

MrAreCool

Reaction score
@popcenator:
I am running into a bit of an issue with the Launcher. I increased the hot button count to 4 and then when I try to add the Dialer and Contacts shortcuts, it seems to add them but when I click on them it says: "Application is not installed on your phone." However, when I run the apps from the app drawer they launch fine. The original Dialer shortcut works fine (even with 4 hot buttons enabled) but I'd like to have the Dialer on the far left then then Contacts with 2 extra apps on the right. Any ideas what could be causing this?
I can't even add the dialer, it puts Contacts there instead and I get the same error you do.

Edit - guess I should have kept reading....
There is a known issue with the Launcher when you increase the hotseats. I just use a different Launcher.

Boot Manager

Last edited:

mailman1175

Reaction score
You have to be rooted to get onto Liberty so we'll skip that..
open the root browser (built in file browser has root privileges)
navigate to /system/app
rename/delete Swype.apk to something else (such as Swype.apk.bak)
open terminal emulator and enter the following command(s)
su
pm uninstall com.swype.android.inputmethod
-----
if the pm completes successfully, you'll see "Success" displayed after the command
assuming "Success", navigate to /system/lib in file browser

rename/delete libSwypeCore.so (perhaps libSwypeCore.so.bak)

REBOOT - this is critical

After boot, you should be able to install any version of swype you would like.

======================

I have a similar issue: I, too, prefer the beta Swype, so I've been trying to use Titanium Backup to uninstall Swype. I then install the Swype Installer, download beta Swype, and everything's kosher until I reboot. Then I get crazy force close behavior.

Now that I've found your post, I can see that Titanium Backup is leaving some of these files in place. I renamed Swype.apk, then went to Terminal Emulator to attempt pm uninstall, but I got "Failure" output from the pm uninstall command.

I found libSwypeCore.so, went ahead and renamed it, rebooted, reinstalled Swype, rebooted again, and — so far — it appears to be working.

Is it safe to assume, then, that Titanium Backup performs the pm uninstall step in your process, and that the force close behavior is caused by the two files we've renamed?

Sorry to kind of derail with questions about the guts of Android, and thanks in advance for your answers. [/threadjack]

dreamjaeil

Reaction score
Can someone help me with battery life when the phone is idle? Today I unplugged the phone from charger and did not Eve touch it for 3-4 hours and when I turned it back on, it was at 70 percent battery life. Is it just my phone? I didn't have this issue with deodexed rom .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone help me with battery life when the phone is idle? Today I unplugged the phone from charger and did not Eve touch it for 3-4 hours and when I turned it back on, it was at 70 percent battery life. Is it just my phone? I didn't have this issue with deodexed rom .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Even running it off of Boot Manager, I am getting way better battery life than that. I used my phone off and on for 3 hours and was at 80%. Try calibrating the battery

Boot Manager