[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

Lmbull

Reaction score
I have run across two very minor issues so far. The pull down menu edit causes a force stop after selecting ok and the blur email app shuts down during email check. Otherwise I'm loving it! Thanks team Liberty!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wchaworth

Reaction score
Will it be safe for me to install Liberty 3v1 right over my AOSP Liberty GB v8 if I wipe and reset during the install process?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Hats off to this amazing rom! Its really good! I do have one question for the devs, after install, the market reinstalled rom toolbox pro, which left me with 2 rom toolbox icons, the adware one with a borderless icon, and the donate one with a bordered icon. I checked it out in rom toolbox and noticed the pro is version 4.05 and the ad supported version is 4.06. How can I have only the pro version and have it be the latest version? Thanks again for reinventing the Droid x (again) :)

I was also wondering this? I just uninstalled the regular Rom Toolbox (4.05) and kept the Rom Toolbox Pro (4.06). Is anything different between the two feature wise? A similar thing happened with Titanium Backup. The Pro version was in my market list but was listed as 'not installed' with no option to install, but when I went to manage my apps, it was in there. I just uninstalled Titanium Backup and the Pro key, and re-installed both, and now everything is good to go.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Blur Alarm Clock

I found a bug with the Blur Alarm Clock, but I am not sure if it is related to Liberty or not. I installed the Blur Alarm from the Liberty Customizer, but when I go to set the alarm the time is off by 12 hours (i.e. set alarm for 5:00 am, when I hit done, it goes back to the main alarm screen, and it says it is set for 5:00 pm, but the alarm still goes off at 5:00 am). Not a big deal just kind of confusing, I kept thinking my alarm wasn't going to go off this morning, but it did at 5:00 am (pm).

Running Liberty3 DX, came right from RC 1.1, no data wipe, just a cache wipe.

No other issues at this time.

bkendrick

Reaction score
I found a bug with the Blur Alarm Clock, but I am not sure if it is related to Liberty or not. I installed the Blur Alarm from the Liberty Customizer, but when I go to set the alarm the time is off by 12 hours (i.e. set alarm for 5:00 am, when I hit done, it goes back to the main alarm screen, and it says it is set for 5:00 pm, but the alarm still goes off at 5:00 am). Not a big deal just kind of confusing, I kept thinking my alarm wasn't going to go off this morning, but it did at 5:00 am (pm).

Running Liberty3 DX, came right from RC 1.1, no data wipe, just a cache wipe.

No other issues at this time.

Be sure the ASOP alarm has been removed.

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Be sure the ASOP alarm has been removed.

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

Yeah it is removed. I think it does it automatically when you install the Blur Alarm. I went to uninstall it and it is gone. I cleared data on the Blur Alarm, just for fun, no luck. AM & PM are still switched.

McBain01

Reaction score
swyp

I apologize in advance as i realize there may be other ways of accomplishing this that i am currently unaware of so bare with me please. I had a quick recommendation regarding swype. I was testing out some other roms and one of them didnt have swype installed in it or had it frozen somehow which allowed for the installation of the swype installer and therefore the newest version of swype. I love swype, but after being able to use the new version of swype, it blows the stock one away. So i was wondering if it would be possible currently to accomplish this and if not, is it possible to maybe incorporate the new version of swype into one of these versions or possibly remove it which would allow for the new version of swype to be installed?

treb420

Reaction score
I apologize in advance as i realize there may be other ways of accomplishing this that i am currently unaware of so bare with me please. I had a quick recommendation regarding swype. I was testing out some other roms and one of them didnt have swype installed in it or had it frozen somehow which allowed for the installation of the swype installer and therefore the newest version of swype. I love swype, but after being able to use the new version of swype, it blows the stock one away. So i was wondering if it would be possible currently to accomplish this and if not, is it possible to maybe incorporate the new version of swype into one of these versions or possibly remove it which would allow for the new version of swype to be installed?

You have to be rooted to get onto Liberty so we'll skip that..
open the root browser (built in file browser has root privileges)
navigate to /system/app
rename/delete Swype.apk to something else (such as Swype.apk.bak)
open terminal emulator and enter the following command(s)
su
pm uninstall com.swype.android.inputmethod
-----
if the pm completes successfully, you'll see "Success" displayed after the command
assuming "Success", navigate to /system/lib in file browser

rename/delete libSwypeCore.so (perhaps libSwypeCore.so.bak)

REBOOT - this is critical

After boot, you should be able to install any version of swype you would like.

======================

I originally flashed RC1.1 over .602OTA. No problems, except the battery seemed to be a little less than amazing
Flashed 1.0 over RC1.1, still no issues, and i got close to 18 hours with 15% still remaining (using UltimateJuice as battery manager)
Definitely a much needed upgrade on the X. My NANDroid backups are also 60% of the size of a stock backup.

Smooth as butter.

jasadell

Reaction score
Flashed LIB 3. Great so far! Fast! I installed the first DX CWR(not the 2nd-init) and I can't get into recovery. When I try it just stays at red "M". Battery pull fixes it. Tried usb debug on/off but no go. Ideas?

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

(re)install the Droid 2 Bootstrapper. I've had better luck with that.

McBain01

Reaction score
You have to be rooted to get onto Liberty so we'll skip that..
open the root browser (built in file browser has root privileges)
navigate to /system/app
rename/delete Swype.apk to something else (such as Swype.apk.bak)
open terminal emulator and enter the following command(s)
su
pm uninstall com.swype.android.inputmethod
-----
if the pm completes successfully, you'll see "Success" displayed after the command
assuming "Success", navigate to /system/lib in file browser

rename/delete libSwypeCore.so (perhaps libSwypeCore.so.bak)

REBOOT - this is critical

After boot, you should be able to install any version of swype you would like.

======================

I originally flashed RC1.1 over .602OTA. No problems, except the battery seemed to be a little less than amazing
Flashed 1.0 over RC1.1, still no issues, and i got close to 18 hours with 15% still remaining (using UltimateJuice as battery manager)
Definitely a much needed upgrade on the X. My NANDroid backups are also 60% of the size of a stock backup.

Smooth as butter.

Awesome, thanks

OriginalDarkLord

Reaction score
Battery life is awful for me..??

Not sure if this is just me that is having this issue, came from Apex 2.0. Followed directions above and battery life drains even when phone isn't in use. Went from 100% new battery calibration to 80% in an hour sitting here. We shall see if it continues after a couple reboots. Any ideas!?

MrAreCool

Reaction score
OK, dumb question time...

What does the option on the far right of the notification pull-down area do?
Wifi - Bluetooth - GPS - Data On/Off (airplane mode) - Sound On/Off - ???

Thanks!!