[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 19 - 12/16

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Been running with 48m dalvik heap size for a few hours, I only really notice a differnce in launcher pro when scrolling between screens everything else feels the same. It is nice to have a smoother launcher though :)

Flowah

Reaction score
Ok, first bug. Soundback/Talkback forceclose upon activation. They do not work. :(

Got them fixed! I will include this fix with the next update although if you need these now please let me know and I will get you an update.zip with them in there.
I'd Loooooove a fix ASAP. I'm trying to make the OS make certain sounds when I navigate the menu. I don't know if you've ever played Metal Gear Solid, but I want it to sound like I'm navigating that menu whenever I'm in Android. Which would be awesome.

Azurikai

Reaction score
I'm having SD card errors for some reason, (particularly when I try and restore my backup of LauncherPro from the SD card, it says there is an SD card error)

swagmonster

Reaction score
Linear on droid 2 issues, lock button(hardware) doesn't work, droidforums fcs, overall unusable for me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Dustin.

Reaction score
Linear on droid 2 issues, lock button(hardware) doesn't work, droidforums fcs, overall unusable for me

That's odd, I didn't have any issues when running this theme on D2..
Been running it for over a day and half still running with no issues. That's really odd.

I'm having SD card errors for some reason, (particularly when I try and restore my backup of LauncherPro from the SD card, it says there is an SD card error)

Try backing up all your data off your SD to your PC then formatting your SD within your phone, and putting your data slowly back on a little at a time.

See how that goes, and let me know.

Azurikai

Reaction score

Been running it for over a day and half still running with no issues. That's really odd.

Try backing up all your data off your SD to your PC then formatting your SD within your phone, and putting your data slowly back on a little at a time.

i did that just before installing this rom actually lol, i actually wiped it clean and didn't back up anything on the SD card.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

i did that just before installing this rom actually lol, i actually wiped it clean and didn't back up anything on the SD card.

Hum.. the SDcard may be your SDcard going bad.. Don't think that would have anything to do with the ROM itself

Flowah

Reaction score
I can't get root explorer to mount my /system/apps. I've tried restarting and having SU forget then reallow Root Explorer. No dice.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't get root explorer to mount my /system/apps. I've tried restarting and having SU forget then reallow Root Explorer. No dice.

Hum... works fine here.. been using root explorer everyday..

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Please Note Linear is made for the DX not the D2 You will have issues!!!!

Azurikai

Reaction score

Hum.. the SDcard may be your SDcard going bad.. Don't think that would have anything to do with the ROM itself

i fixed it ;) thanks for the help though!

Flowah

Reaction score
kejar,

the reason I wanted soundback to work was so that I could add sounds to menu transitions. It works with the fix you gave me, but when I try to modify the soundback.apk ogg files, it just force closes on me. Can you think of a reason why? I converted them to all the same specs as the regular ones. 2 channel, 44100, and about the same bitrate/filesize. Not sure what the problem is.

Do I need to sign the soundback.apk?

Last edited:
OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
kejar,

the reason I wanted soundback to work was so that I could add sounds to menu transitions. It works with the fix you gave me, but when I try to modify the soundback.apk ogg files, it just force closes on me. Can you think of a reason why? I converted them to all the same specs as the regular ones. 2 channel, 44100, and about the same bitrate/filesize. Not sure what the problem is.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, sorry.. Busy with the kids this weekend and am trying to build CM from source once again to see if I can port over the power controls

Flowah

Reaction score
kejar,

Not that I can think of off the top of my head, sorry.. Busy with the kids this weekend and am trying to build CM from source once again to see if I can port over the power controls
Woo! I got it to work! Let me know if you want me to tell you how. It sounds like I'm playing Metal Gear Solid on my phone \o/