[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just for the record, I am still having a random hard-key light up when nothing has been touched. I'll either leave the phone's screen on and it'll time out by itself and the lights will be out, and then other times the lights will stay on, literally won't go off until I unlock the phone and lock it manually. It is very random. That's why I can't pinpoint this error. The other morning like I said, I woke up with the phone on the charger, and the hard button lights were all on. This morning, It wasn't plugged in, I fell asleep with the phone locked and blank, and then woke up with low battery and the hard button lights on. It must have something to do with the the random lights going off regardless of what hardkey is pressed....hmmmm....battery life is by far top notch, but with this button issue, it's holding it back

Still haven't been able to repeat this but will keep trying!

Anyone else getting this???

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok ill bite!! Ill give this a go!!!

humungus

Reaction score
Just for the record, I am still having a random hard-key light up when nothing has been touched. I'll either leave the phone's screen on and it'll time out by itself and the lights will be out, and then other times the lights will stay on, literally won't go off until I unlock the phone and lock it manually. It is very random. That's why I can't pinpoint this error. The other morning like I said, I woke up with the phone on the charger, and the hard button lights were all on. This morning, It wasn't plugged in, I fell asleep with the phone locked and blank, and then woke up with low battery and the hard button lights on. It must have something to do with the the random lights going off regardless of what hardkey is pressed....hmmmm....battery life is by far top notch, but with this button issue, it's holding it back

Which kernel are you on? .320 or .340?

Sent from my DROIDX

gamemaster333

Reaction score
I've also experienced the key light up bug. It usually happens after a reboot but it goes away once I turn on the screen a couple times. Also, kejar, any chance that we can get the lock screen timer option back in the settings? I would feel much better knowing that the screen will lock every time I turn the screen off. Other than that, I'm loving the ROM. Keep it up.

Nadious

Reaction score
I think the key light up bug is part of the phone. I've had the same issue with it on stock and Apex.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tek1231

Reaction score
I just installed this late last night and ever since then, I've had no data connection whatsoever. Anyone else experience this and know of a fix? Thanks.

mbh87

Reaction score
Data works fine on my end.

So I may have heard bgill is porting is new theme for Gummy.

Marius1

Reaction score
about to try this ROM. Does this ROM allow for blur camera/camcorder and 3g hotspot?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
about to try this ROM. Does this ROM allow for blur camera/camcorder and 3g hotspot?

No blur apps have been tested not will they.. You can give it a shot and see if they work yourself.

tourplayer

Reaction score
Just wanted to say this ROM rocks and subscribe to the thread. Looking forward to a bigger keyboard (or at least a bigger "spacebar") and a solid theme.

Thanks for your efforts.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you want GummyJAR as soon as possible follow me on twitter as I will post the link to the download there first!

@kejar31

Marius1

Reaction score
Hmmm how do i switch keyboard? I have swiftkey installed but i don't see a way to switch to it? And the launcher too?

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm how do i switch keyboard? I have swiftkey installed but i don't see a way to switch to it? And the launcher too?

Long press on an input box to and select input method to change the keyboard

if you installed a new launcher like launcher Pro the next time you press the home key you will be asked which launcher you want to use.

Marius1

Reaction score

Long press on an input box to and select input method to change the keyboard

if you installed a new launcher like launcher Pro the next time you press the home key you will be asked which launcher you want to use.

sweet thanks. So far so good...