[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The bootstrapper app should look like this

bootstrapper.png

mbh87

Reaction score
Yeah your problem is that you have to install the Droid X Recovery Bootstrap app and bootstrap recovery before attempting to use ROM Manager.

bcals0087

Reaction score
my advice is don't even use rom manager. Just bootstrap. That way you can access clockwork and do what you need to do through there. If your unsure, there are plenty of guides through the search on this forum that will definitely help you with how to work through clockwork. Learning how to use it will most certainly save you a headache later on.

bcals0087

Reaction score
On another note, does anyone have an issue where if you let the screen time out by itself instead of manually locking it, the button lights stay lit?? I've had this for two days now, and I was going to try a build.prop edit on the buttons but it looks like they are set to timeout, but if the phone is left alone to turn the screen off, the lights stay on...hmmm....

Edit: it's only when it's plugged in does this happen and when I woke up this morning my battery was smokin hot and the button lights were on so I think that had something to do with it. It was on the charger all night. They will turn off if you manually lock the phone on the charger, but not if it is left on its own.

Last edited:

mbh87

Reaction score
ROM Manager is nice, I use it for flashing themes and other little things.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
On another note, does anyone have an issue where if you let the screen time out by itself instead of manually locking it, the button lights stay lit?? I've had this for two days now, and I was going to try a build.prop edit on the buttons but it looks like they are set to timeout, but if the phone is left alone to turn the screen off, the lights stay on...hmmm....

Edit: it's only when it's plugged in does this happen and when I woke up this morning my battery was smokin hot and the button lights were on so I think that had something to do with it. It was on the charger all night. They will turn off if you manually lock the phone on the charger, but not if it is left on its own.

Just tried it myself with the phone plugged into my computer and the lights turned off as soon as the screen when out. I dont have a charger at the house (I keep it at work) but I will test it that way tomorrow.

bcals0087

Reaction score

Just tried it myself with the phone plugged into my computer and the lights turned off as soon as the screen when out. I dont have a charger at the house (I keep it at work) but I will test it that way tomorrow.

confirmed... I updated to 1.8.1 and now the lights are going out when plugged in. I didn't wipe data, only cache when updated. Interesting by nonetheless it is working now. Email still requires security. Whenever you think you have that figured out give me a shout, i'll be keeping this one for a while.

CalamityX1

Reaction score
After numerous attempts, I've finally succeeded. Thanks, kejar31!

Quick question though, say I want to, for whatever reason, want to go back to Motoblur or install a different rom? What do I do? Just run the SBF and start from scratch?

Last edited:

Boblank

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks for the excellent rom. This is the only rom I have used where I didn't switch back to focused within a few day....

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Anyone want the CyanogenMod Music player built from source with lockscreen music controles?????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes I did that! Coming to GummyJAR 1.9 soon!!

Dustin.

Reaction score
Anyone want the CyanogenMod Music player built from source with lockscreen music controles?????
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Awesome! I'm a big music buff and I mainly listen to it on my X so this is a great add-on!

Any updates on whether your going to increase the size of the keyboard? This would be an additional plus to your ROM!

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Awesome! I'm a big music buff and I mainly listen to it on my X so this is a great add-on!

Any updates on whether your going to increase the size of the keyboard? This would be an additional plus to your ROM!

Yes that will be in the 1.9 update as well :)

Dustin.

Reaction score
This is definitely good news! Any ETA on 1.9? Also, if you need testers, feel free to PM me, or D2 testers, I have a spare D2 that I do testing and such with.

Any help, or something needed, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help ya as much as possible!

bcals0087

Reaction score
Just for the record, I am still having a random hard-key light up when nothing has been touched. I'll either leave the phone's screen on and it'll time out by itself and the lights will be out, and then other times the lights will stay on, literally won't go off until I unlock the phone and lock it manually. It is very random. That's why I can't pinpoint this error. The other morning like I said, I woke up with the phone on the charger, and the hard button lights were all on. This morning, It wasn't plugged in, I fell asleep with the phone locked and blank, and then woke up with low battery and the hard button lights on. It must have something to do with the the random lights going off regardless of what hardkey is pressed....hmmmm....battery life is by far top notch, but with this button issue, it's holding it back