[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

echonaut

Reaction score
(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?
Same issue here. Love this rom, but would really like to get work email, and can't because of this same error. Anybody have a fix?

I would recommended trying out the app K9 Mail, on the market. It's far more featured than the standard email app; I even use it for my gmail instead of the stock gmail app.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
I updated to the latest version of GB but my kernel doesnt match the one stated in the first post. what am i doing wrong here?

You might look at the post posted in the Droid X Rom thread, for updating to the. 596 build, there's a method there that shows you how to update properly so your kernal and basband match what's needed to flash Apex..

reddog187

Reaction score
I updated to the latest version of GB but my kernel doesnt match the one stated in the first post. what am i doing wrong here?

Did you sbf back to froyo then update? What version did you come from?

Sent from my DROIDX

robt7970

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the toolboxin terminal? ?? I'm new to this and I know lib and dg have one.... I don't know how to use apex if it does have one....

I tried su
Apextoolbox..... nada...

Help is needed.. I love this rom

Reaction score
quick note, the crt screen off worked until i turned my phone off, not sure if anybody else has had this problem. Just wanted to put this out there. Also, the ROM is otherwise flawless especially for a RC as well. Nice Job Fab!

ehudokai

Reaction score
(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?
Same issue here. Love this rom, but would really like to get work email, and can't because of this same error. Anybody have a fix?

Unfortunately there is no fix for this at the moment.. He is working on that and the custom ringtones. Should be fixed for the final build

Sent from my DROIDX

That's awesome to hear! Some hope will stay alive :)... I'll have to get my donations ready since the alternatives I've found(other than stock) cost $20+...

vinnie80

Reaction score
Anyone know how to set the BLUR Camera to default? Also, I can't send pics/videos from the blur gallery. Is it because there is no blur anywhere else? Love the BLUR-less-ness (is that a word??) But I do notice myself strangly missing aspects of it from time to time. Seems Motorola may have been onto something with their skin. Anyway, If there is a way to set the Blur cam to default and use for messaging services, please let me know.

Thanks,

Vinnie

dirtytofu

Reaction score
Anyone know how to set the BLUR Camera to default? Also, I can't send pics/videos from the blur gallery. Is it because there is no blur anywhere else? Love the BLUR-less-ness (is that a word??) But I do notice myself strangly missing aspects of it from time to time. Seems Motorola may have been onto something with their skin. Anyway, If there is a way to set the Blur cam to default and use for messaging services, please let me know.

Thanks,

Vinnie

You have to restore the Blur Camera and uninstall the AOSP camera using adb shell / terminal emulator.

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
quick note, the crt screen off worked until i turned my phone off, not sure if anybody else has had this problem. Just wanted to put this out there. Also, the ROM is otherwise flawless especially for a RC as well. Nice Job Fab!

I think you changed transition speeds or window animation speed in spare parts? One of those has to be on normal or it won't work.

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the toolboxin terminal? ?? I'm new to this and I know lib and dg have one.... I don't know how to use apex if it does have one....

I tried su
Apextoolbox..... nada...

Help is needed.. I love this rom

I don't believe the apex toolbox is in place yet (if it'll be at all), like it was in 1.3/1.4. I heard a rumor that it would be eventually, maybe with the final version, but that was just a rumor.