[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

black02ss

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but I can't seem to get the stock blur home to work. I was able to with 2.0 beta but unsuccessful with RC2. I have tried it through a flash update, root explorer and terminal. Any ideas?

Yazzinit

Reaction score
This is pretty sweet. Quick question: Where do I go to set the custom battery settings on Apex 2.0 RC2? You know, so I can set how often accounts sync and when data can turn off and set peak hours and such. Thanks

Yazzinit

Reaction score
Update: Tried putting "BatteryManager.apk" on sd card root. Typed in the 4 lines of code Fab said to use in the Terminal. Nothing after line 2 gave me anything. Tried running the apk then the 4 lines again. Still nothing.

dirtytofu

Reaction score
Update: Tried putting "BatteryManager.apk" on sd card root. Typed in the 4 lines of code Fab said to use in the Terminal. Nothing after line 2 gave me anything. Tried running the apk then the 4 lines again. Still nothing.

From what I remember, the Battery Manager app was invoked from the Settings menu so in order to get the Battery Manager app up and running you probably have to Blur-up some more and restore Settings.

Yazzinit

Reaction score
Ah, that sounds a bit out of my league, as I have no idea what else would need to be restored. So, is there a specific app or anything I can do to control how often accounts sync, and how long until data turns off, etc?

nedloc96

Reaction score
I have tried the steps to restore apps (posted by fab) many times and cannot get any apps. to restore any info on what i can do to get the apps to restore would be greatly appreciated

dirtytofu

Reaction score
I have tried the steps to restore apps (posted by fab) many times and cannot get any apps. to restore any info on what i can do to get the apps to restore would be greatly appreciated

Are you talking about the zip file apps? (BlurCamera, BlurGallery, etc)
If yes, copy the zip files into your SD Card, boot into CW Recovery, select install from zip, and select the zip file.

nedloc96

Reaction score
no not the .zip just the plain .apks that are supposed to be restored through the terminal when i type in the codes nothing happens

reddog187

Reaction score
So is it typical to not be able to download certain apps from the market?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vinnie80

Reaction score
Help can't get into clockwork!

Hey everyone... I still can't get into clockwork to load up RC2. Not sure why this is. Currently on RC1. I tried to get into it through droid2 bootstrap, droid x bootstrap, and through ROM Manager. Any suggestions? Feeling left behind on this "old" version. haha

Please help.

Thanks,

Vinnie

reddog187

Reaction score
I thought that post said those zips weren't flashable, the blur ones. I thought we had to extract and mount r/w cp etc. I used a file manager to install the apk's included without any issues.

There are flashable zips in the first part of the post. There is a link to them there also.

beckerfj

Reaction score
So is it typical to not be able to download certain apps from the market?

Not sure what app you are referring to specifically, but yes. Easiest example would be the official Netflix app. Because the DX is not an officially supported device, we can't see it in the market, but if you get the .apk, it'll install just fine.

This is regardless of any ROM you use.

Apex 2.0 RC2

griz.droidx

Reaction score
I thought that post said those zips weren't flashable, the blur ones. I thought we had to extract and mount r/w cp etc. I used a file manager to install the apk's included without any issues.

There are flashable zips in the first part of the post. There is a link to them there also.

Guess I didn't read that right or something. I was wondering why there was a directory structure in the zip. Guess thats why.. LOL.. I still installed the apks just like any other by clicking the apk file itself. Am I missing something by not including the rest on my phone. I did swype that way, and had no troubles.

Love the Revolution theme a lot, Always have, I really like the battery icon in this one too.

While, I am here, I would like to say that I am coming from Liberty .7 I really like the fact that Apex is blurless. I know you're supposed to be able to do that in Liberty Customizer, but it would always leave the other app there two. You end up with both. Apex thus far has really been fast and battery life has been good. I froze a few things in LIb, and I'm sure I probably will in Apex, but I really like to use the rom at least a few days after all my apps are on and running before I decide how well it performs. FOR ME running what I normally run and do. I think I'm liking apex better, but to each their own. APEX IS ONE SICK ROM!!! Wish there were more themes but I reallly like Rev. Ild like to see crimson ported to this. Maybe I need to learn theming. Oh, and I donated to Liberty, and got apex for free, and I don't think I've wasted money since Apex credits rummy but I think these guys do deserve a donation or at least a beer. I will be sending something to FAB as soon as I can. I'm gonna be owning my X for a while probably, and then give it to my mom so I'd love to see continued rom development, and development in general to continue. Many thanks to all devs, themers, kernel hackers, etc and to the people on the forums.