[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

misscelestia

Reaction score
I am sorry, I did omit that detail. I did wipe the data. Each time. And the cache.

It's okay. I am working on it today, and I have faith. I'm certain I made a misstep along the way, I'll figure it out eventually - that's how we learn.

Then my X will be beautiful! dancedroid

My biggest issue, I think, is getting to .596 rooted. The OTA is .596, but obviously, rooting it is an issue. I need to go from .573 (current leak).

Last edited:

griz.droidx

Reaction score
I just installed this coming from Liberty v.8, my Quadrant score with Liberty was 1565, and with Apex its 1682..runs real nice...great features.

I was wondering why the full num pad isn't visible during phone activation or programming? I know you can press the menu button and get the num pad on the keyboard but the numbers don't always get detected when pressing them. Will this be fixed?

I'm also on base band BP_C_01.09.07p and Kernel v 2.6.32.9-g0bae333qgd748 and its working just fine.

Anyways i use to code back in the days of AOL 1.5-4.0 making progs,I created Final Fantasy v1.-3.0 so i know the time and effort it takes to do this stuff and it's much appreciated.

Wow thats awesome. I played FF3 on the monochrome gameboy. I think thats what it was on. I loved it, beat the game but never played another like it I'd really like to play a game like that again. If anyone knows of a similar game for the android let me know.

Also, I was thinking about running quadrant on my phone to do the same thing. I like numbers but I also like seat of the pants feel. Do you think one feels faster then the other? I'm actually starting to think apex is faster out of the box because it has less junk starting up at boot there could be other reasons I'm sure though. When I froze a few things on Lib, I'd say it ran right up there with apex. As I may have mentioned, I paid for the donate toobox, and now that I think apex is just as sweet if not sweeter, I feel bad that I haven't donated yet to fab and or his team..

I understand as well what kind of work this entails. Even if you love doing it, it can take time to compile and re-compile and optimize and whatever else they put into it. Is this how they do it, from what I have seen about this or another phone you can't run a custom kernel easily yet. Something about init 2 I think. Im not sure, but I think init 5 is X server in Linux, init 3 is terminal, not sure about the rest, and I think it varies with the distro so android could mean different things. I'm certain it could be googled. I'd like to know about all that stuff if I had plenty of time.

Shadows9909

Reaction score
I am sorry, I did omit that detail. I did wipe the data. Each time. And the cache.

It's okay. I am working on it today, and I have faith. I'm certain I made a misstep along the way, I'll figure it out eventually - that's how we learn.

Then my X will be beautiful! dancedroid

My biggest issue, I think, is getting to .596 rooted. The OTA is .596, but obviously, rooting it is an issue. I need to go from .573 (current leak).

The file to update you from .573 to .596 is found here:

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...-5-596-release-thread-something-everyone.html

I personally sbf'd to .340 and took the two step update to .596 rooted. Then went to clockwork wiped and installed apex ;)

Sent from my DROIDX

misscelestia

Reaction score
The file to update you from .573 to .596 is found here:

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

I personally sbf'd to .340 and took the two step update to .596 rooted. Then went to clockwork wiped and installed apex ;)

Sent from my DROIDX

I did that.

I used the .340 SBF file to go back to stock. I then rooted my phone. Then I rebooted into recovery and used method 2 to install both zip files before leaving recovery.

I wonder why it worked for you and not for me? I guess I'll just try it again.

sigua

Reaction score
How do you change bluetooth volume? I try to crank it up while it still works, then reboot so it will work again, but every time I do it starts out at a low volume again.

sigua

Reaction score
I'm having trouble restoring the blur messaging files. I've run the code with conversations.apk and bluremailengine.apk, but my text messenger app closes right away. Every other thing I've found says this should only happen when you have conversations restored without bluremailengine, but I'm not having any luck.

Also, what files are associated with the blur dialer? I've been having issues with the aosp one "double clicking" numbers while I'm on the phone. So when I have to enter an access code for a conference call, instead of 52582 it comes out with at least one number being duplicated (522582 or 525882 or whatever, it's totally random). The tone that's played while I'm pushing the numbers also doesn't sound right either.

idol

Reaction score
I have never thought to give Apex a try. I really should have. This rom is amazing. Best battery life ever.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
I recently used the terminal emulator to install the blur camera, and that went fine but now when I tried to access the gallery from the camera app, I get a "media gallery not found" but the thing is is that I have installed the blur mediagallery.apk.

Any help would be great!

robt7970

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix the incall volume? Just seems too low even to Max.

Btw I just reinstalled this again cause cm7 battery was a drainer. I personally think Fab should be on their team. He would make a hell of a difference ....

luv2increase

Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix the incall volume? Just seems too low even to Max.

Btw I just reinstalled this again cause cm7 battery was a drainer. I personally think Fab should be on their team. He would make a hell of a difference ....

That's a compliant of this phone since it came out.

Also, Fab is awesome, I think you need to read up on Cyanogenmod.. The last statement made me laugh. :)

Sent via DX with Apex 2.0

robt7970

Reaction score
So I'm guessing he is part of cyan..... I'm new to this ****. I just know I like both roms.

Giroux28

Reaction score
yo is anyone else having any problem with the camera... its like when im holding it portruit it steches the lens to landscape and when i hold it landscape it shrinks it to portruit and its wrong, the image is screwed up ... i cant even explain what its doing... ugh

Giroux28

Reaction score
wowwwwwww i tried replacing the camera apk with the blur one and also removed the cam files in system\lib folder and i got stuck at my boot logo... even after clearing cache and delvik... restoring a back up now... maybe the backup will fix my apex camera that wud be bangin haha

zwolf4444

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with ADW? Scrolling is slow and stuttery.