[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

reddog187

Reaction score
So on RC2 when ever hitting the power button to lock or unlock the screen it plays the start up sound. Little annoying. I didn't notice this on RC1. Anyway to get rid of this?

EDIT : so when activating the phone the number pad doesn't show up? Is this normal? Had to hold down menu to get the keyboard to use.

Thanks in advance fellow droid lovers!

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

FinchDroid

Reaction score
So on RC2 when ever hitting the power button to lock or unlock the screen it plays the start up sound. Little annoying. I didn't notice this on RC1. Anyway to get rid of this?

Sent from my DROIDX

From a clean install, mine doesn't do that. Might be a setting you've selected.

Try Settings > Sound > Screen lock sounds.

Shadows9909

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

I think that's the full battery tone. Only plays when switching on or off the screen when the battery is charged.. you can disable it in the sound menu

Sent from my DROIDX

EmDub13

Reaction score
I flashed this rom about two hours ago. It's awesome. Fast and slick. Great work Fab! Is there a simple way to install the swype keyboard? Can I just load it from Titanium Backup? That seems way too easy, so I haven't tried it yet. Anybody have swype?

Sent from my NexusX using DroidForums

FinchDroid

Reaction score
I flashed this rom about two hours ago. It's awesome. Fast and slick. Great work Fab! Is there a simple way to install the swype keyboard? Can I just load it from Titanium Backup? That seems way too easy, so I haven't tried it yet. Anybody have swype?

Check post #3 for SWYPE (the flashable zips) link.

reddog187

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

So it will only do this when plugged in and fully charged. Sorry I'm an idiot, lol. :-S

Sent from my DROIDX

FinchDroid

Reaction score

EDIT : so when activating the phone the number pad doesn't show up? Is this normal? Had to hold down menu to get the keyboard to use.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP says the holding down of menu is normal for this RC2.
Things to know
  • If you need to activate your phone, hold down the menu button at the activation screen to bring up the keyboard.

FinchDroid

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

So it will only do this when plugged in and fully charged. Sorry I'm an idiot, lol. :-S

Sent from my DROIDX

Not sure about what triggers the sound. It was driving me INSANE though... I disable all them sounds.

EmDub13

Reaction score

Thank you

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

EmDub13

Reaction score

It worked perfectly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Swyped from my DROIDX using DroidForums

suki7474

Reaction score
Before I install this, I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I am on Apex 2.0.0 Beta .591. What is the best way to get to .596. Can I just flash .596 over my current rom? Then install rc 2?
Or spf back to .340. Then install .596 then rc 2. Thanks in advance!

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Before I install this, I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I am on Apex 2.0.0 Beta .591. What is the best way to get to .596. Can I just flash .596 over my current rom? Then install rc 2?
Or spf back to .340. Then install .596 then rc 2. Thanks in advance!

there is a file that should update you to .596 found here:

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

after on .596 just wipe data, cache, dalvik and go dancedroid

takiyon

Reaction score
PC Mode MTP Driver

Damn... Fabolous, you had a good thing going there but you removed ALL Blur including the PC Mode Driver now we have to keep remounting and mounting the sdcard to do stuff. The froyo rom you made worked awsome and no complaints. Unfortunately this is not the case anymore so sad. :'(

joeiscoolio

Reaction score
Ok someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. Im meeting all the requirements. I wiped my data and cache and dalvik, then flash Apex, yet I still get stuck at the google logo and I end up SBFing. I tried 3 times. Suggestions?

beantown06

Reaction score
What do you mean stuck? If its your first time flashing the ROM, it does take awhile. I let my phone sit while I had dinner and came back to beautiful ApeXness!