[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by Fabolous, Jun 7, 2011.

1. mugsy77

mugsy77 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thx Fab! RC2 running awesome!

Revolution theme work ok on RC2? Don't know if you mod'd framework any.

Sent from my DROIDX

2. cwjdog57

cwjdog57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing...

Hello,

I downloaded and installed this rom through ROM Manager, and, after installing, I am stuck on boot.

The google logo shows up, but it does not boot into the OS. I can't get windows to recognize the phone is connected.

Any ideas on what I could do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

3. drum747

drum747 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you get into recovery by holding down the power button and the home button until you get to the boot logo, release the power button and continue to hold the home button until the exclamation point comes up?If you can, then when you see the exclamation point push the far right search button to get into the recovery menu and clear data/factory reset. Reboot. See if that works.

#135 drum747, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  4. cwjdog57

cwjdog57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing...

Yes, Just did. Thank you, I am new to the roms community.

Thank you.

edit: still stuck on logo screen. is there a way to use an sbf while in recovery?

#136 cwjdog57, Jun 12, 2011
  5. drum747

drum747 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem, we've all been there! Learn to sbf. It will come in handy at some point. I guarantee it!

6. cwjdog57

cwjdog57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    please, someone point me to a tutorial and I will be happy. I really just want gingerbread, and this rom is just what I was looking for.

7. drum747

drum747 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I take it you were coming from Froyo? You probably will have to SBF. I don't think we can post links to the SBF files here. You will have to google "Droid X SBF files" or something like that to find it elsewhere. Once you get RSD Lite set up and the SBF files and you return to the out of the box state on your phone, I would suggest you google Team Black Hat and purchase their app and download with Firefox. Their app has a 2 part install that will take you from Froyo to Gingerbread, then you can come back here and install Apex. PM me if you have any more questions and I will try to help.

Edit : here is a tutorial: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

#139 drum747, Jun 12, 2011
  8. DThomp

DThomp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Were you already on gingerbread? From your last post it doesn't sound like it. You need to be on rooted .596 before you install this.
    For sbf use 1KDS's live Linux disk its the easiest way to do it if you haven't dealt with rsd before. Just Google sbf or 1kds or maybe somebody will be able to post a link for you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

9. robt7970

robt7970 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think alot of people are mistaking a bootloop for a long startup.. I thought I was bootlooping but I remember installing my first Tom and it was loooooooong(lib), so this time when I did it I thought it was bl'ing I took a ****, smoked a cigarette, chased my kids around my house, pitched a tent (in living room for kids, came back and Viola... apex. Idk if I helped but its a thought.

DROIDX

10. cloudkikr

cloudkikr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    rom is awesomeness.. only issue I'm having is with installing an (or all) apks. i have unknown sources checked off, and im able to do the open the file for the install, but I can't actually push the install button its like its been disabled :icon_eek:

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated

11. ctslaton

ctslaton New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Exchange Server Support?

(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
    When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
    This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
    Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?

12. urphonesux

urphonesux Member

Ratings:
    +1
    just got off the phone with vzw and they are gonna send me a free replacement battery tuesday so we will see how it goes

Search tags for this page

apex 2.0 rc2 droid x

apex v2.0.0 rc2 droid x
droid x apex rc2
droid x apex v2
rom 4.20.213.nos m7 v2.0.0