[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/11/2011)

joeiscoolio

Reaction score
it stayed at the Google logo. I waited a good 35 minutes.
(Not my first time)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Shadows9909

Reaction score
it stayed at the Google logo. I waited a good 35 minutes.
(Not my first time)

Sounds like you need to pull the battery and boot into recovery and wipe data cache and dalvik cache.

Sent from my DROIDX

Shadows9909

Reaction score
I did!

If it doesn't make it to the boot animation then that's a problem... sounds like you flashed a corrupted download or flashed coming from the wrong system version. Probably going to have to sbf :/

Sent from my DROIDX

joeiscoolio

Reaction score
Yeah, probably a bad download. What size is it supposed to be?

ehudokai

Reaction score
(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?
Same issue here. Love this rom, but would really like to get work email, and can't because of this same error. Anybody have a fix?

Shadows9909

Reaction score
(Also posted in Droidx.com forum)
When trying to connect to my exchange server, either through the e-mail app or corporate account setup, I get the message "This server requires security features your phone does not support.".
This has happened on almost all other AOSP based ROMS which is one reason I loved Apex on Froyo, it left the part of blur in that allowed my exchange sync to work properly.
Kejar31 was able to get me up and running on an another older ROM he was helping to develop using a different apk that he found that supported the required security features, but I do not have access to the actual apk he used since it got built into the other ROM. Any ideas?
Same issue here. Love this rom, but would really like to get work email, and can't because of this same error. Anybody have a fix?

Unfortunately there is no fix for this at the moment.. He is working on that and the custom ringtones. Should be fixed for the final build

Sent from my DROIDX

reddog187

Reaction score
Bug? When getting a call the icons for the answer and ignore are sideways? Not sure if this is suppose to be this way.

Sent from my DROIDX

suki7474

Reaction score
Before I install this, I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I am on Apex 2.0.0 Beta .591. What is the best way to get to .596. Can I just flash .596 over my current rom? Then install rc 2?
Or spf back to .340. Then install .596 then rc 2. Thanks in advance!

there is a file that should update you to .596 found here:

Official DX Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596) Release Thread - Something for everyone

after on .596 just wipe data, cache, dalvik and go dancedroid

thanks for your help. I ended up having to sbf back to .340. the radio matched but the kernel didn't. I am on .596 now and will flash over to rc2.

I have another question in regards to restoring data. Lets say I am on the new apex rc 2, can I restore data that i backed up on apex beta onto the new rom? thanks

Shadows9909

Reaction score
Before I install this, I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly. I am on Apex 2.0.0 Beta .591. What is the best way to get to .596. Can I just flash .596 over my current rom? Then install rc 2?
Or spf back to .340. Then install .596 then rc 2. Thanks in advance!

thanks for your help. I ended up having to sbf back to .340. the radio matched but the kernel didn't. I am on .596 now and will flash over to rc2.

I have another question in regards to restoring data. Lets say I am on the new apex rc 2, can I restore data that i backed up on apex beta onto the new rom? thanks

did you sbf with a computer? i tried sbfing to .340 with the tbh update.zip .340 sbf and it wouldn't accept it.. going to try flashing it with ubuntu soon. almost positive the data from beta isn't compatible with rc2 but feel free to try it.

suki7474

Reaction score

did you sbf with a computer? i tried sbfing to .340 with the tbh update.zip .340 sbf and it wouldn't accept it.. going to try flashing it with ubuntu soon. almost positive the data from beta isn't compatible with rc2 but feel free to try it.

yea i sbf with a computer. I should note that I ended up doing a factory reset because my phone was lagging really bad. No problems with it now though.

Will i mess up anything if i try to restore the data? if theres even little risk i probably wont even bother. Thanks

matress719

Reaction score
I updated to the latest version of GB but my kernel doesnt match the one stated in the first post. what am i doing wrong here?