[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
Alright, total dumb question. I'm trying to find a way to change the default vibration pattern for notifications. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is that no longer something that can be modified? Last time I even remember trying to do that was on Donut, so it may be something that was removed ages ago.

Reaction score
Excellent rom fab! Smooth as buttah!

Couple questions for you folks...

- Calendar seems to bomb out when editing/creating new event. I restored BlurCalender and Blur Calender Provider apk's from zipped application file, but no go. Can someone confirm? I believe there is more blur I need to restore but don't know which.

- Ad Free application best bet to remove ads?

Sent from my DROIDX

I also need to know the calendar solution =/

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

- Calendar seems to bomb out when editing/creating new event. I restored BlurCalender and Blur Calender Provider apk's from zipped application file, but no go. Can someone confirm? I believe there is more blur I need to restore but don't know which.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm experiencing the same issue with the calendar here. When trying to edit or create an event, it drops back to the previous calendar view after a momentary flash of the edit screen. If anyone's come up with either a solution or workaround via a different calendar program, news of it would be greatly appreciated!

turdbogls

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm experiencing the same issue with the calendar here. When trying to edit or create an event, it drops back to the previous calendar view after a momentary flash of the edit screen. If anyone's come up with either a solution or workaround via a different calendar program, news of it would be greatly appreciated!
I would be glad to help you guys out. i have a working version of calendar. i did have the same issue you guys were having. it was caused because i did an advanced nandroid data restore from a blurry ROM. the blurry ROM was using the blur calendar, and APEX is using the AOSP calendar.

now this may mess something up, but you can try to clear data/cache for the calendar and see if that works. your events should still be there because the calendar syncs with google.

if that doesn't work, you could try deleting calendar with titanium (or renaming it with root explorer) then flash apex again in clockwork without a data wipe. this should get rid of the AOSP calendar with the blur data, then when you flash apex again, it should restore the aosp calendar with no other data in there. this is all theoretical, do this at your own risk.
but if you didn't freeze/delete anything after flashing apex, you should be in working order.

i can give you a list of my system apps if someone knows of an easy way to do this :)

mtrain

Reaction score
I'm currently running the deodexed .573 from last month. Do I need to SBF or will I be able to just flash the kernel update and part 1?

mugsy77

Reaction score
Thx for your help Turbo, but I don't use titanium backup and know there are folks on other gb roms with same issue.

***update, though I did this before, I wiped data and cache but only installed part 1 after factory reset. Calendar both syncs and edits***

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

DThomp

Reaction score
Any chance we could get an inverted calendar on this rom? I think that is the only thing left that is white on my phone running Apex 2.0.0 besides a couple things inside of settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mugsy77

Reaction score
I'm currently running the deodexed .573 from last month. Do I need to SBF or will I be able to just flash the kernel update and part 1?

Per OP, it seems so :)

2. If you are on .588 or below, install the kernel update while installing ApeX Part 1 (during the same Clockwork recovery session)

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When i try and flash this, which ive done twice now, i get this bootloader error message. Ive never gotten it before. It says err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27. Any ideas?

turdbogls

Reaction score
When i try and flash this, which ive done twice now, i get this bootloader error message. Ive never gotten it before. It says err: A5, 69, 35, 00, 27. Any ideas?

Did you check the MD5 sums? Sounds like a bad DL to me

This message was probably sent from the can

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes I did, I actually downloaded it twice and got the same thing. However I gave up and tried the liberty one and boom same problem. So im guessing it's my GB so im redownloading that.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

DThomp

Reaction score
You're already on gingerbread?
&
You're using Droid2 bootstrap?
Just asking.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

I would be glad to help you guys out. i have a working version of calendar. i did have the same issue you guys were having. it was caused because i did an advanced nandroid data restore from a blurry ROM. the blurry ROM was using the blur calendar, and APEX is using the AOSP calendar.

now this may mess something up, but you can try to clear data/cache for the calendar and see if that works. your events should still be there because the calendar syncs with google.

if that doesn't work, you could try deleting calendar with titanium (or renaming it with root explorer) then flash apex again in clockwork without a data wipe. this should get rid of the AOSP calendar with the blur data, then when you flash apex again, it should restore the aosp calendar with no other data in there. this is all theoretical, do this at your own risk.
but if you didn't freeze/delete anything after flashing apex, you should be in working order.

i can give you a list of my system apps if someone knows of an easy way to do this :)

I came off of stock GB when I did this, but did not clear/wipe. I'm going to do a backup, then see what I can see. Perhaps this will help. I'd say stock GB counts as "Blurry" :) Thanks in advance for the idea, and I'll update when I have news to add.

-- Update1 : Installed the first package for Apex 2.0.0beta and I have the AOSP Calendar present. It will not launch from the drawer in ADW.
-- Update2 : Installed the second package for Apex. Calendar still does not open. It's as though it's a dead link in the App Drawer, though the Calendar.apk and CalendarProvider.apk are both present in /system/apps

Any idea if clearing solely the Dalvik-cache might be any help?

Last edited: