[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

DThomp

Reaction score
Also should not have to wipe data for a theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I've been playing with Liberty GB for awhile, and I like Apex GB MUCH better, everything about it is just much more stable. I never had any luck with installing themes... either on Liberty or on Apex. I always somehow end up in a bootloop.

Yes, I made sure I had the latest and greatest version of both the ROM and theme. Yes, I wiped cache and did a factory reset. Both before installing the ROM and installing the theme.

The last one I tried was the Blue Haze theme for Apex GB 2.0. Any ideas? Also, Fab, if you're reading this... just curious when it may be possible that we have a ROM without that dumb 3G Hotspot? I know I'm nitpicking to no end, but I sheer HATE that thing! Could it be as simple as replacing and editing the AOSP settings APK or is it more complex than that?

Thank you for all your hard work! I REFUSE to go stock and the only reason I am sticking with Gingerbread and not going back to Froyo is because of Apex GB!!:i-m_so_happy:

The themes dont hate you, their just not built for the BETA. Those themes (Tomatoe and Blue Haze) only work on the Alpha builds (.588). The devs aren't going to rebuild the themes until there is a final GB just like Fab isnt going to put out a final ROM until the final GB drops (hopefully this week).
As for the hot spot app, just go into TB and freeze it. Done its gone! ;o)

Freezing the app works on Froyo, but not on Gingerbread... or nobody knows of a bonafide way to disable it without causing instability problems. Tried finding it with both TB and Root Explorer to no avail.

DThomp

Reaction score
The hotspot app is now built into the SETTINGS_APK. There is no way of removing it yet.

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score
And if your calendar doesn't work, it's because you didn't follow the instructions ;) Wipe your data/cache, do a clean install. If you restore data or have data from the Blur calendar, it will break AOSP calendar.

I did take instructions, but seemed to run into a jam, so factory reset, installed part 1, and calendar went from sync'd/viewable to editable... So... If you run into a jam regardless, once you verify the kernel update took, reset dalv cache and factory reset, then update only part 1 (part 2 might work - didn't take risk since it seemed only themed related) and it all seemed to work okay.

Awesome. Rebooted into Clockwork and did a factory reset/wipe, wiped cache, dalvik-cache, and battery stats. Reinstalled APEX 2.0.0 beta and now my calendar works all proper. I had forgotten how slick google sync is. Almost all my apps downloaded from the market and self installed.

Thanks again, Fab, for pointing out that I completely missed the WIPE step.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with txt messages not always threading? I think it may be a GB issue and not Apex.

Thanks

Marc

scrimp212

Reaction score
Anyone know how to turn the camera shutter noise off. That was one feature on liberty I liked.

Loving this Apex ROM. Will be donating for some beers to Fab soon. Great work!

Last edited:

jhanford

Reaction score
Hope this helps someone:

I have LauncherPro Plus and use the Calendar widget to display my corporate calendar. I also use the Blur Messaging stuff as I prefer the way it renders emails.

The issue I had was after installing ApeX 2.0 beta and copying most (not all!) of the blur stuff back in (using restoreblur), the Calendar widget wouldn't show any of the corporate events.

Figuring that the problem was with the blur calendar stuff, I renamed the the BlurCalendar.apk and BlurCalendarProvider.apk with the .bak extension. Sure enough, after a reboot the Calendar widget started showing my company calendar. Great!

However, I soon found that the Messaging app would close the list of emails each time I opened it (so, I'd tap the company account, it would briefly show the emails it already had and then would close back to the account list).

Figuring there was probably a happy medium, I renamed JUST the BlurCalendar.apk.bak file back to BlurCalendar.apk and now everything works again: LPP Calendar widget shows my company calendar, and I'm to read/write company emails.

metadroid

Reaction score
I have installed Apex 2.0 ROM while on GB .595.

My question is how do I use Google Sync to restore my contacts? I tried adding my Gmaila account to email, but it only downloads my emails.

PS> This ROM is SUPER FAST boot time is at minimum half! of what it is on GB .595.

scrimp212

Reaction score

My question is how do I use Google Sync to restore my contacts? I tried adding my Gmaila account to email, but it only downloads my emails.

PS> This ROM is SUPER FAST boot time is at minimum half! of what it is on GB .595.

Go to my accounts and make sure that sync contacts was checked. Mine was not checked by default for whatever reason. Hope that helps....

metadroid

Reaction score

Go to my accounts and make sure that sync contacts was checked. Mine was not checked by default for whatever reason. Hope that helps....

Solved that issue, thanks!

Next issue now, when someone sends me a text from a Google Contact synced with the phone it does not show the saved contact name instead shows msg sent from tel # ie. 8005551212 even though contact is saved as 800-555-1212.

Any ideas?

ETA Also I can not change contacts picture. Pic is located on sd:/media/contacts/img.jpg I long press on the android default img and select new image from folder yet it will not take the change.

Last edited:

metadroid

Reaction score
I really like this ROM for its speed, but there are a lot of issues with this ROM.

Some callers works, others don't.

If I set a custom ringtone for callers it will use that ringtone.

If someone is set to default it won't even "ring" the phone with the audible tone.

scrimp212

Reaction score
Im trying to run some scripts. All I keep getting is "not found" errors.

What am I doing wrong? I tried searching, but found nothing :(

mcp770

Reaction score
Im trying to run some scripts. All I keep getting is "not found" errors.

What am I doing wrong? I tried searching, but found nothing :(

no scripts in this rom yet other than the one to fully restore blur and "pulldown" worked for me to edit the drop down text. I did install busybox if that had anything to do with that one working.

scrimp212

Reaction score
well that would explain why all the errors. Thanks sir :)

Swyped from my DX