[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

turdbogls

Reaction score
Forgive the noobness but how are yall changing your battery icon? Is that a .zip yall've had from the past or is it an option?

edit:Kinda taught myself this one, but is the .xml for the honeycomb style battery icon somewhere else?

I have the xml and HC battery icons if you want them..shot me a pm with your e mail and I will send them out

This message was probably sent from the can

I had files from the Apex 1.4.1 Toolbox for changing the battery icon to the round one with bars around the outside. This 'Polar Clock' looking one seems far more sexy still. I'm all for learning where I can get that as well.
i agree with this.
here are the files i used. i have no idea how to throw this into a flashable update.zip "theme" so either you can do that yourself, or you can move the images to your SD card and apply them in NinjaMorph. it is important to switch the battery .xml so you will get the 10% increments.

**AGAIN THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP, EXTRACT FILES TO YOUR SD CARD AND APPLY WITH NINJAMORPH**

View attachment 32562

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Any way to get the orig Blur Alarm clock to work with this rom. I have the APK but cannot figure out the command in TE to apply it..Help please...

B-RAN

Reaction score
I have the xml and HC battery icons if you want them..shot me a pm with your e mail and I will send them out

This message was probably sent from the can

I had files from the Apex 1.4.1 Toolbox for changing the battery icon to the round one with bars around the outside. This 'Polar Clock' looking one seems far more sexy still. I'm all for learning where I can get that as well.
i agree with this.
here are the files i used. i have no idea how to throw this into a flashable update.zip "theme" so either you can do that yourself, or you can move the images to your SD card and apply them in NinjaMorph. it is important to switch the battery .xml so you will get the 10% increments.

**AGAIN THIS IS NOT A FLASHABLE ZIP, EXTRACT FILES TO YOUR SD CARD AND APPLY WITH NINJAMORPH**

View attachment 32562

Thanks for sharing this, but I can't get it work through Metamorph because it says the package doesnt have a path. Thoughts?
Is this like any other MM theme, or does it have to be done for each individual icon?

mcp770

Reaction score
Installed Apex on first twitter release and took 36+ hours to kill my battery for calibration...lol. All charged back up and will hit back after it dies again. So far Apex is the bomb-digity. Can't believe there is talk of another leak and an official update. Can't wait till these things get perfected as GB is really proving to be a champ over froyo already. Thanks to Fab for keeping current through these ever changing versions.

DThomp

Reaction score
i agree with this.

View attachment 32562

Thanks for sharing this, but I can't get it work through Metamorph because it says the package doesnt have a path. Thoughts?
Is this like any other MM theme, or does it have to be done for each individual icon?

Its not for metamorph, its just the images and xml's. You need to use Ninjamorph to apply them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

B-RAN

Reaction score
i agree with this.

View attachment 32562

Its not for metamorph, its just the images and xml's. You need to use Ninjamorph to apply them.

Thanks, sorry I read that wrong!

djstnick

Reaction score
Bug

Just posting a bug, I haven't found a better place to post bugs, so I apologize if this is not an appropriate place for it.

In SMS, delivery reports fail, not able to confirm if read reports work. I haven't tried delivery reports with MMS, but I would assume that since they fail with SMS, they will also fail with MMS.

This rom is Great though, I keep bouncing from Apex to Liberty just to compare, and I always bounce back to Apex due to the little things like the facebook app integration with contacts.

Keep up the awesome work!

turdbogls

Reaction score
Any way to get the orig Blur Alarm clock to work with this rom. I have the APK but cannot figure out the command in TE to apply it..Help please...

create a new folder on the root of your SD card named "restore" (folder will have path SD card/restore)
place all the .apk's you want installed in there
go to terminal
sype su (enter) this grans superuser permission, if you miss this step, the restore script wont work
type restoreblur (enter)
and follow instructions
reboot and enjoy

that should work in theory, still haven't tried it yet. want to get the blur camera back on this thing. not a fan of aosp cam

B-RAN

Reaction score

create a new folder on the root of your SD card named "restore" (folder will have path SD card/restore)
place all the .apk's you want installed in there
go to terminal
sype su (enter) this grans superuser permission, if you miss this step, the restore script wont work
type restoreblur (enter)
and follow instructions
reboot and enjoy

that should work in theory, still haven't tried it yet. want to get the blur camera back on this thing. not a fan of aosp cam
Works to perfection! I have restored blur camera, gallery and email/messaging.

daveywave

Reaction score
Awesome performance on this ROM! Great job Fab!

My only problem I'm seeing is getting forced closed in gmail, google talk notification selections.

Also, I NEED a better keyboard (Stock blur multi-touch would be ideal)! The zip included is for swype and not for blur mt.

EDIT: Spoke to soon about the keyboard, its been updated with swype and blur multi touch! But now my settings > sounds > notification ringtone Force Closes!

if this is a 'fix permission' error, which app can I use to fix this that works with Gingerbread?

Last edited:
OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
Awesome performance on this ROM! Great job Fab!

My only problem I'm seeing is getting forced closed in gmail, google talk notification selections.

Also, I NEED a better keyboard (Stock blur multi-touch would be ideal)! The zip included is for swype and not for blur mt.

Did you go into keyboard settings and choose multitouch keyboard after flashing the .zip?

Also, until yesterday, that .zip file was broken, so if you downloaded it when I first put it up, please try again.

B-RAN

Reaction score

Any reason I wouldnt get the animation on this while charging? When I go back into ninjamorph and see my changes it shows it there, but is not moving. Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score

Any reason I wouldnt get the animation on this while charging? When I go back into ninjamorph and see my changes it shows it there, but is not moving. Thanks

charging animations are working for me. it only does the last couple images if your battery is already full. it wont show all 5 images if you are at say 80% already. either way, it should work.

wardy22

Reaction score
I'm really excited, but a little confused. looking at the flow chart i don't know what do do if i'm starting completely stock 2.3.240. Can somebody tell me how exactly to install the new ROM?

turdbogls

Reaction score
I'm really excited, but a little confused. looking at the flow chart i don't know what do do if i'm starting completely stock 2.3.240. Can somebody tell me how exactly to install the new ROM?

2.3.240? or 2.3.340? i am going to assume 2.3.340, if you are not on that, grab the OTA that is waiting for you to upgrade to 2.3.340

once on 2.3.340, you must root your phone. grab Z4 root v1.3 from here
[APP] z4root - xda-developers
install it on your phone
reboot
open z4 root and choose permanent root.
your phone will be rooted.
download part 1,2, and 3 from here and follow the directions...this will give you gingerbread v .588 rooted
download droid 2 bootstrapper from the market, there is also a free version floating around in the mydroidworld forums.
bootstrap recovery, boot into clockwork recovery, and install the part 1,2,and 3 files in order
once on that,
download the kernel updater, the part 1 file and part 2 file from the first post.
boot into clockwork again from Droid 2 bootstrapper
wipe data/cache
install .zip from sd card
choose kernel updater zip
when it finishes, choose install .zip from sd again (DO NOT REBOOT IN BETWEEN THE KERNEL AND PART 1 .zip)
choose part 1 file from the first post
it will install.
reboot phone.
let it run, first boot took me a while.
you can sign into your google account and all your apps will download again

only do this if you are comfortable with the SBF process. if not, i would hold off since it seems like we are going to be getting official GB within a couple weeks.