[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

jgmarz

Reaction score
Update to 2.0

I'm running stock .591. Can I install 2.0 without wiping data? If I have to can I do advanced restore to get all settings and screens back?

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm running stock .591. Can I install 2.0 without wiping data? If I have to can I do advanced restore to get all settings and screens back?

From stock, I would wipe data. If you are hoping to keep your widgets/icons from blur home, forget about it. Apex doesn't have the blurhome on it, because it's got the gingerbread aosp launcher.

Usually you can try to install a rom without data wipe, and if you hit a bootloop, you can go to stock recovery and do a wipe from there. At least that way you tried.

db306

Reaction score
Does anyone know if just by installing the first zip the stock looks remains? I would prefer the stock look and didn't know if the second zip was required. Also can anyone confirm whether or not the calendar is working/syncing? Thanks

Last edited:

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if just by installing the first zip the stock looks remains? I would prefer the stock look and didn't know if the second zip was required. Also can anyone confirm whether or not the calendar is working/syncing? Thanks

zip2 is only a few apk's that are themed. So you'll get white settings, blue phone/contacts if you don't install zip2 (so those apps will look stock)

But since the framework is in zip1, the notification area will be themed apex style(gb aosp style), and overscrolling and progress bar colors are yellow instead of blue.

So, no, not installing zip 2 will not give you a stock look.

I have no problems with my calendar.

db306

Reaction score

zip2 is only a few apk's that are themed. So you'll get white settings, blue phone/contacts if you don't install zip2 (so those apps will look stock)

But since the framework is in zip1, the notification area will be themed apex style(gb aosp style), and overscrolling and progress bar colors are yellow instead of blue.

So, no, not installing zip 2 will not give you a stock look.

I have no problems with my calendar.

Cool. I appreciate it. I'll give it a whirl and just wait to see some themes to come along. Thanks

db306

Reaction score
Anyone able to get the stock keyboard t work? I flashed the first zip and then flashed the zip in the op for the keyboard and the only keyboard option I ahve now is Swype. Any thoughts?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Is anyone experiencing home screen redraws? I was getting a ton on Alpha 2...

mjsplicer

Reaction score
God its nice to hv blur gone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Can I use the old Fission camera .zip to install the blur camera back or is there a new zip file for GB? Don't like the AOSP camera.

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK, having an issue.
I was running great on the alpha 2 from the twitter leak.
downloaded all 3 files in post one.
booted into recovery,
flashed the kernel update.zip
flashed the apex part 1
booted into apex.
booted back into clockwork
flashed part 2

everything is going great, except i am stuck on 1x. i read something like that on FABs twitter feed. can this be solved by a data wipe? then an advanced restore will get everything back again with working 3G?

mcp770

Reaction score
Yea data wipe and repeat the process minus the kernel. Good rule of thumb is to always perform a data wipe when updating a rom even one version to the next no matter what people say. If you do your due diligence backing up with titanium or whatever it only takes a few minutes to restore app data. I can literally flash a rom having wiped everything and be back up and running 100% within ten minutes of first boot. Really not a big deal considering you know the rom will be running the way it was designed.