[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta (5/3/2011)

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm really excited, but a little confused. looking at the flow chart i don't know what do do if i'm starting completely stock 2.3.240. Can somebody tell me how exactly to install the new ROM?

Edit: turdbogls beat me but forgot the link for the .588 files :)

First you'll need to root, install d2 or dx bootstrapper (dx bootstrap won't work on gb, but since your still on froyo, you'll be fine), then make a backup in clockwork.

Ok, to make sure you're on the latest baseband, from clockwork follow the instructions here: DroidX Gingerbread 2.3.3(4.5.588) Install Patch with Root

Then install the 3 files from the first post of this thread:
Kernel first, then part 1, then make sure you boot up your phone, then go back to clockwork and install part 2

That should get you here.

Also, its rumored that the official gb update is coming out soon, so you might want to hold off until then...

Last edited:

blueis300

Reaction score
Had to load twice to work but am loving it at the moment. Came nice and slimmed down and is working great. I just noticed 4.5.595 gingerbread came out. Can I install this over that version?

Last edited:

B-RAN

Reaction score
Thanks, sorry I read that wrong!

Any reason I wouldnt get the animation on this while charging? When I go back into ninjamorph and see my changes it shows it there, but is not moving. Thanks

charging animations are working for me. it only does the last couple images if your battery is already full. it wont show all 5 images if you are at say 80% already. either way, it should work.

Do I replace the battery.xml as well? Wasnt sure since there is two in the original file and one in yours. Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score
Any reason I wouldnt get the animation on this while charging? When I go back into ninjamorph and see my changes it shows it there, but is not moving. Thanks

charging animations are working for me. it only does the last couple images if your battery is already full. it wont show all 5 images if you are at say 80% already. either way, it should work.

Do I replace the battery.xml as well? Wasnt sure since there is two in the original file and one in yours. Thanks

Yes replace the xml....there should only be one xml in there though. So replace the one with the same name that is in my .zip

This message was probably sent from the can

turdbogls

Reaction score
I'm really excited, but a little confused. looking at the flow chart i don't know what do do if i'm starting completely stock 2.3.240. Can somebody tell me how exactly to install the new ROM?

Edit: turdbogls beat me but forgot the link for the .588 files :)
Lol...i even had the post up on another window ready to copy and paste over....A.D.D must have gotten the best of me that time. :(

Int_Rnd_Pooka

Reaction score

Yes replace the xml....there should only be one xml in there though. So replace the one with the same name that is in my .zip

So VERY nice of you to walk us through this. I'm only just now getting back here to download and try this out. I'm going to do it on my desktop, modifying the .apk with 7zip and using an update.zip to patch the framework-res.apk back in.

I'd do it in Ninjamorph, but that's a whole LOT of flipping through directory trees when the program could remember the last place I modified the original.

Thanks again for the help, and thanks to Fab and everyone who helped him out for the Apex ROM in general

jbrock98

Reaction score
Ok I was on 2.0.0alpha 2 I backed up using titanium backup and nandroid in clockwork then I wiped data a ton of times, installed the kernel update then part one then after booting the market didn't restore then when I opened titanium back up it said I might have problems make sure debugging mode is on, I tried opening development settings but got force closes....anyone know what I need to do?

(i can turn usb debugging on thru settings/applications/development)

Restored apps using tb, none of the apps are listed under my downloads, I used market doctor & rebooted, I also have apps on my sdcard which I dunno why, there's like 10 of them, this also happened in the alpha builds & even if I move 2 phone they still are listed as on sdcard
Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

chazall1

Reaction score
You did it again!! Great Work Fab and the Team, Outstanding. The Directions could not be any clearer, great to see a visual as well, No one should have any install guestions.

Thanks!!!

mugsy77

Reaction score
Excellent rom fab! Smooth as buttah!

Couple questions for you folks...

- Calendar seems to bomb out when editing/creating new event. I restored BlurCalender and Blur Calender Provider apk's from zipped application file, but no go. Can someone confirm? I believe there is more blur I need to restore but don't know which.

- Ad Free application best bet to remove ads?

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

Boblank

Reaction score
Having issues with nandroid restores. The backups and restores run smooth with no errors but after a restore everything that is themed in the part 2 install is broken (settings, dialer, contacts, download manager). I am using droid 2 bootstrap as I thought that is needed for any gb build. Seems like what the op describes after a factory reset... To get everything back I have to flash both zips again. Any help would be appreciated.

suki7474

Reaction score
My build number is Apex 1.4.1 and my system version is 2.3.340. Do I start from step 3 then? Thanks in advance!

suki7474

Reaction score
don't kno if you read the OP, but it shows you what you need to do get up to the biuld number to flash Apex V2.0

Thanks for the help. I did read the op where it shows the different paths to go depending on what rom you are on.

What I am unsure about is that im on build number 1.4.1 and my system version 2.3.340, is there a need to SBF back to .340 because it appears that I am on version 2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US.

Thanks!

OP
Fabolous

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
You must sbf back to "stock" .340 as that's the only way to apply the 3 step GB leak updates.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk