Reported Stolen

Imprezive

Reaction score
So a month or so back I had reported my phone stolen since I thought it was swiped at a bar. Looked everywhere and asked everyone where it could be. Long story short the phone is found. Now I reported it stolen and recieved a new one, can I reactivate my old phone since its back in my possession?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably not. You'd have to have Verizon take it off the black list.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Its only really in Australia that stolen phones are blacklisted, in America and Europe you should be able to use a reportedly stolen phone without much difficulty.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you report it stolen on Verizon's network, they won't activate the IMEI again AFAIK. You can put it on another service that uses Verizon's towers, sure, but not on VZW.

vatothe0

Reaction score
If you got a replacement through insurance, Asurion owns your found phone. If you just upgraded and bought a new one, Verizon will remove it from the stolen list and let it be activated.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You, my friend, are in possession of a phone that is not yours but property of Asurion. You need to return it and please no more bragging that you have it and want it reactivated. Thanks.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Lol @ someone thinking OP is bragging.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums