Can the droid be recovered through google latitude if it is stolen?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot base your jaded opinion on a single bad experience and paint the whole country minus hick towns as having police who will not waste their time on robberies and home invasions. That is ludicrous. Lack of success does not mean police "do not waste their time" on robberies. I'm not trying to be a dick, but that is faulty logic at best.
So what exactly are you basing your opinion of police success with these sorts of crimes on? Any links to actual figures or are you just relying on anecdotal experience as well?

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I just tried WaveSecure, very nice app. I like the lock feature, I'll keep it just for that. The one issue I have is the tracking sucks. Lattitude is pinpoint accurate. WaveSecure tracks it 4 blocks away.:wacko:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
my friend's ps3 was stolen from the common room of his suite at s.u.n.y binghamton where we all went. He called sony and told them, sony then contacted the local police and began working with them. When the kid who stole it hooked it up, the ps3 went online like its supposed to do, and they were eventually able to track his ps3. The cops found the kid (who lived in one of the other dorm communities) and returned my friend's ps3. They also found a lot of other property this kid had been stealing around campus. I have a new-found respect for sony after that, and am I proud ps3 owner now.

Hinman, or Hillside??

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Went to SUNY Binghamton, and knew that only Hinman and Hillside had common areas (i think, it's been so long haha)

pyro6128

Reaction score
I don't know how long it's been since you've been to bing, but I graduated in 08, and went back last year, all of newing is gone, now its a couple of huge dorm buildings that look like hospitals. They look like the buildings in mountain view if you've seen them

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
wow really? i was there from 99-2000 and again in 2001-2002 before I left for good. That's crazy, that newing is gone...I lived in Dickinson, Hinman, Hillside and then off campus for a bit.