[Release] Succulent Desire v 6.5

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Themes by Garrett? I like the sound of that!! With insane parting ways this could be your time to shine. Now where's that donate button! :icon_ banana:

And I use bannannananananas very sparingly!

yeah a few people have been asking me for some time to do one..... so i finally caved in although it may not be released tonight i'm having a minor issue with it.

J

Johnly

good things come to those with patience...That iphone 5 pic almost had me fall out of my chair Garrett.

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Just gave it a go and everything is really smooth. Also netted a new high Quadrant score of 1547 w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel.

can you post us a screenshot.. ;)

I finally DLed drocap2, and how bout this, I get a new high score. And this is w/ my 7 homescreens, all widgets, and apps on, plus a theme. Not bad for only 1GHz.

CAP201007082228.jpg

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
6.5 is not an all new, it's effectively an update to v6.
There is allot of work being put into an all new v7, which should be out in the near future. Not going to give out details but suffice to say, it's going to be a big step.

If I could just give a lil bit of feedback of what some users are looking for, there's a few additions that I know I'd like to see in future incarnations. We all know that CM has the most goodies in their ROMs, but speed and responsiveness hasn't been the best. Pete found a way to give us a taste of those goodies w/ added "hotkeys" and Mr. Zippy's BBeast app makes using scripts easy and also it's an easy way to keep up to date w/ what's going on w/ the ROM. And w/ those, he's still put together a really fast and responsive ROM.

Now, however it happens, Succulent Desire has been the smoothest running ROMs I've had on my Droid since 2.1, and has continued into 2.2. If there's a way to get some of those goodies w/o sacrificing the efficiency of these ROMs, I'd be one really happy camper.

Just my two pennies.

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might have found a problem program that was messing me up. I have a program called Quick Boot and use it to go into recovery mode. I found it's been the source of 2 issues since installing SD 6.5 - if I use it to go into recovery to do a backup, the backup fails. I used it to reboot my phone today and went into a bootloop and had to take the battery out to finally get it to load for me.

shaggy13

Reaction score
I'm still having problems with beautiful widgets, I can't get my weather to work I've done wipes, reinstalls and nothing I still get N/A and theres nothing on my SD with anything close to saying update on it

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm still having problems with beautiful widgets, I can't get my weather to work I've done wipes, reinstalls and nothing I still get N/A and theres nothing on my SD with anything close to saying update on it

hrmm its working fine for me...

have you tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it from the market?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am getting ready to install back to 2.1 deodexed and come back to 6.5 to see if it fixes the problems with BW, Google Browser and News/weather widget... I will update in a while...........

shaggy13

Reaction score

hrmm its working fine for me...

have you tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it from the market?

yeap 2 times

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update #1. restored a 2.1 backup and everything works perfect.....

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update #2

Wiped 3x (factory reset & cache partition)....
Installed update.zip
Rebooting.....

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Update #3.

Doesn't look good, didn't pick up my saved router settings from google?? going to let it sit for 30-40 minutes and see if market auto downloads....