[Release] Succulent Desire v 6.5

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, well, I just tried the Smoked Glass from ACalcut and it installed just fine on my v.6.5. Make sure you backup first and see if it also works for you guys. I'm pretty happy about this because I love SG theme.

YankeeDudeL

Reaction score
Just gave it a go and everything is really smooth. Also netted a new high Quadrant score of 1547 w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel.

Reaction score
Don't wipe anything...

Do you really think it is wise to advise people not to wipe?

You may not have needed a wipe, but what if some newbie is coming from a 2.1 ROM? I would just say, its never recommended to NOT wipe. Wiping will not hurt anything, ever. If anything, it will help keep your system clean. The only reason people whine about wiping is that they find it such a pain to reinstall apps and such. Many apps are now offering backup/restore options (ADW, LauncherPro, HTC_IME, etc). So if you take the steps to back up your data, restoring after a wipe really isn't that much of a chore, especially if the Froyo Market Sync is working properly.

GryphonD

Reaction score
Woodyman, if I want to load the latest build with CW, I just run the install zip from SD with it named as is right??

Also, I had to do the old flash spr twice then flash CW twice in RM to get CW to work.. It may be due to the test build... just thought I would pass that along...
I have had issues with RM too. Flash the recovery image twice if using clockwork (helped me back in the day)(month ago)

RM still has some issues now and then, I catch myself having to do x2-x3 Flashes with it. This version of the ROM is running great and is well worth it. As for Wipe or not, it is not that you shouldn't, it's that you do not (have to). As always, each phone is different, so if unsure, than wipe. Also, if you get oddly slow performance, try a Slower Kernel, I get far better performance with a 1200 Chevy, than with a 1250 Chevy....

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just gave it a go and everything is really smooth. Also netted a new high Quadrant score of 1547 w/ Jake's 1GHz kernel.

can you post us a screenshot.. ;)

its not his screenshot but i got a 1658 running with chevy's ULV 1250
i got a 1730 before that but did not have drocap open....

CAP201007081123.jpg

shaggy13

Reaction score
this might be a stupid question but is this ROM deodexed or not I want to run the bliue energy theme but he has two different downloads one that is deodexed only and one thats not

GryphonD

Reaction score
Easily theme capable, running Blue Energy De-Odexed right now.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its not his screenshot but i got a 1658 running with chevy's ULV 1250
i got a 1730 before that but did not have drocap open....

CAP201007081123.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Didn't take you long to get that looking nice. Dark notification bare and such! Mines still stock white, been busy at work. I wonder how come he went with stock this time for the look.

GryphonD

Reaction score
6.5 is not an all new, it's effectively an update to v6.
There is allot of work being put into an all new v7, which should be out in the near future. Not going to give out details but suffice to say, it's going to be a big step.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
*22899 said:
Didn't take you long to get that looking nice. Dark notification bare and such! Mines still stock white, been busy at work. I wonder how come he went with stock this time for the look.

no it didnt i did most of it last night mainly because i cant handle the white notification bar. i still have a few minor fixes to do. i'm contemplating on if i should upload the files for download or not fir those that want a dark bar.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
*22899 said:

no it didnt i did most of it last night mainly because i cant handle the white notification bar. i still have a few minor fixes to do. i'm contemplating on if i should upload the files for download or not fir those that want a dark bar.

go ahead man.. ;)

it can be a small taste of the future as well.. :p