[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Well, I got rid of the 9 errors, right before bed. Will test it out this afternoon. If all goes well, I will do a current sync/build, and tweak it out to make v5.0. It will seem to take a step backwards in features, but I need to add them in, since now I can.

Very cool. I've always liked CM7

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
EDIT: lol I meant it will be v6.0. I have so many out I get confused sometimes. BUT stupid me synced with the wrong source, so Im about 77% of the way done syncing the new, CORRECT source.

Its coming along pretty quick. But I have work in about 3 hours, so I dont have time to do it tonight. Maybe not even tomorrow, but I will get around to it when I can.

Uthanak69

Reaction score
EDIT: lol I meant it will be v6.0. I have so many out I get confused sometimes. BUT stupid me synced with the wrong source, so Im about 77% of the way done syncing the new, CORRECT source.

Its coming along pretty quick. But I have work in about 3 hours, so I dont have time to do it tonight. Maybe not even tomorrow, but I will get around to it when I can.

Take your time man, we're not going anywhere.

nhepler90

Reaction score
hey guys, havent really posted much here, just recently put 5.6 on my droid 3.
have had it on my phone before with no problems.
well until today. about an hour ago i rebooted my phone because it was doing the shortcuts for the physical keyboard, upon the reboot it popped up a dialogue saying it was updating applications. when it was done it went to starting applications. was stuck on that box for about 20 minutes plus. pulled the battery and now it is on a bootloop on the android screen when you go and disable the boot animation. (im one of those jerks.) just looking for a fix, any way to bring it back. i dont care if it wipes it and puts it back to stock.
i searched this thread with no luck on finding anyone with the same issues.

i have gone into the recovery, (is stock recovery now) done a factory reset and wiped cache like a babies butt over and over again with no progress.

thanks for your time.

Last edited:

ssj11mav

Reaction score
hey guys, havent really posted much here, just recently put 5.6 on my droid 3.
have had it on my phone before with no problems.
well until today. about an hour ago i rebooted my phone because it was doing the shortcuts for the physical keyboard, upon the reboot it popped up a dialogue saying it was updating applications. when it was done it went to starting applications. was stuck on that box for about 20 minutes plus. pulled the battery and now it is on a bootloop on the android screen when you go and disable the boot animation. (im one of those jerks.) just looking for a fix, any way to bring it back. i dont care if it wipes it and puts it back to stock.
i searched this thread with no luck on finding anyone with the same issues.

i have gone into the recovery, (is stock recovery now) done a factory reset and wiped cache like a babies butt over and over again with no progress.

thanks for your time.

Easy. Just SBF it back to stock. Were you on the 906 update?

nhepler90

Reaction score
thanks for the link, i happened to be reading a random D3 brick thread and found a link to a modified .890/.906 sbf. and i have my phone restored. i made a couple nandroid backups before this ****storm happened. when i re-upgrade to the legit .906 and get rooted, should i be able to restore to one of them without any problems?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
thanks for the link, i happened to be reading a random D3 brick thread and found a link to a modified .890/.906 sbf. and i have my phone restored. i made a couple nandroid backups before this ****storm happened. when i re-upgrade to the legit .906 and get rooted, should i be able to restore to one of them without any problems?

Yeah you should be fine with that. Its what I did when I got a replacement D3. Lol :)

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

nhepler90

Reaction score
Hmmm, did a restore of what i thought was a 5.6 ICS... turned out it was the stock backup i did before the 5.6...

Oh well, guess i can"t complain with my phone working and everything now.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Cant wait for the next update!

nhepler90

Reaction score
well sorry to pester you guys, but i seem to have ran into the same problem, i dont know if anyone else has had the upgrading apps dialogue when they reset their phones, but it seems to happen to me whenever i reboot my phone. i have issues with the keypad sticking with using shortcuts, long pressed the search button. fixed all except the a key highlights all my text and wont type the letter a.

has anyone else had any of these issues?

i am currently sbf"ing my phone again from said error in my first post.

brlebu

Reaction score
Help for a Mac User...?

Hi all,

I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues:

• GPS rarely works.
• Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
• Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.

Anyway, since none of these things are listed as known bugs, I want to get back to stock to see if they continue, and if they do, then I can get a replacement phone from VZW.

And this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get back to stock. All of the simple solutions seem to be Windows only solutions. I'm pretty sure I found a way to do this when I first installed the SteelDroid, but I can't seem to find it now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS - Here's my phone info:

Baseband version: N_03.18.32P

Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155 xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1

Build number: Steel Droid ICS (D3) 5.6

elias01

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues:

• GPS rarely works.
• Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix.
• Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also.

That's weird, I have none of these probs, GPS works great (since my foursquare is working, I am pretty sure GPS's working)
keyboard works fine~~ except no backlight until i change the brightness of the screen (which is known)
audio was fine, both phone calls and music.

my phone's info.

Tamehome

Reaction score
- GPS: It can be slow to pick up a signal. I usually toggle it off and on a couple times, and then if it still doesn't pick up a signal in a minute or so, I open a GPS Status app to confirm that the GPS is locating satellites. - Physical Keyboard: I also noticed that while it doesn't stop working, it gets stuck in a shortcut mode, where pressing a button causes an app to start, as if the menu key is locked on. Have to reboot to fix it. - Are you using a Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth has to be turned off if you don't have a device connected to it, otherwise audio doesn't work through the phone's internal speaker.
Hi all, I've been running v5.6 for a month or so now, and everything was working fine for a while, but now I've run into a few issues: • GPS rarely works. • Physical keyboard stops working every once in a while. Need to reboot to fix. • Sometimes I lose audio in phone calls. For example, I'll call someone, and it'll connect, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Need to reboot to fix this also. Anyway, since none of these things are listed as known bugs, I want to get back to stock to see if they continue, and if they do, then I can get a replacement phone from VZW. And this is where I'm stuck. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get back to stock. All of the simple solutions seem to be Windows only solutions. I'm pretty sure I found a way to do this when I first installed the SteelDroid, but I can't seem to find it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! PS - Here's my phone info: Baseband version: N_03.18.32P Kernal version: 2.6.35.7-g5fa4155 xrpk47@il93lnxdroid25 #1 Build number: Steel Droid ICS (D3) 5.6

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
- GPS: It can be slow to pick up a signal. I usually toggle it off and on a couple times, and then if it still doesn't pick up a signal in a minute or so, I open a GPS Status app to confirm that the GPS is locating satellites. - Physical Keyboard: I also noticed that while it doesn't stop working, it gets stuck in a shortcut mode, where pressing a button causes an app to start, as if the menu key is locked on. Have to reboot to fix it. - Are you using a Bluetooth headset? Bluetooth has to be turned off if you don't have a device connected to it, otherwise audio doesn't work through the phone's internal speaker.

Tip for the Keyboard stuck in shortcut mode: Press & Hold the "Search" softkey for a few seconds and it should work fine. :)