[6-1-2012] .906 sbf

acoers

Reaction score
Ok looks like updated the drivers worked. Now its just been on the Motorola Dual Core Technology for like 10-15 minutes. Should it have booted already?

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok looks like updated the drivers worked. Now its just been on the Motorola Dual Core Technology for like 10-15 minutes. Should it have booted already?
that usually happens when you were not initially on the 906 ota before you used the 906 sbf
just download the 906 ota update use your computer to put it on your external sdcard
boot into stock recovery pwr+x and install the update
you should then boot normally

acoers

Reaction score
when i try pwr x i get a triangle with a highin mark next to a droid guy

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
great work, thanks
1.jpg

2.jpg
dont forget to click the like button..and your very welcome

jogard101

Reaction score

Yeah I'm having the same issue. No stock recovery with x+pwr. All I get is the Motorola dual core logo. just locked up.
I pull the battery to reset and the only recovery I can get into is the m+pwr.

Prior to attempting the .906 sbf, I was running liberty Rom and safestrap 2.x(I think) and I did check the software version and it was showing a to be a 906 version.

I had to change the file name from 1_CLICK_SBF.exe-dl=1 to 1_CLICK_SBF.exe for windows to let me run it.
Program seemed to run flawless.
When it finished it loaded and rebooted to the Motorola dual core screen. I let it set for about ten minutes before I pulled the battery. I grabbed a beer (so as not to skip any important steps) and tried again.
No luck.

I am trying to get this phone back to stock so I can give it to my nephew. His mother would prefer it that way in case she want's to get it warranted.

Any help? I would sure appreciate it!

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Once you get to the triangle you have to hit both volume buttons at the same time to enter recovery
Sooo.. pwr+x then when you get to the triangle hit both volume buttons at the same time.. :)

Yeah I'm having the same issue. No stock recovery with x+pwr. All I get is the Motorola dual core logo. just locked up.
I pull the battery to reset and the only recovery I can get into is the m+pwr.

Prior to attempting the .906 sbf, I was running liberty Rom and safestrap 2.x(I think) and I did check the software version and it was showing a to be a 906 version.

I had to change the file name from 1_CLICK_SBF.exe-dl=1 to 1_CLICK_SBF.exe for windows to let me run it.
Program seemed to run flawless.
When it finished it loaded and rebooted to the Motorola dual core screen. I let it set for about ten minutes before I pulled the battery. I grabbed a beer (so as not to skip any important steps) and tried again.
No luck.

I am trying to get this phone back to stock so I can give it to my nephew. His mother would prefer it that way in case she want's to get it warranted.

Any help? I would sure appreciate it!

You should not have had to change the file name.. sounds like you got an incomplete download causing a bad sbf..
I would re download and try again.. make sure when you download the sbf file when it finishes downloading it is in. Exe format..should have a little green android guy as icon as well... :)

jogard101

Reaction score
Once you get to the triangle you have to hit both volume buttons at the same time to enter recovery
Sooo.. pwr+x then when you get to the triangle hit both volume buttons at the same time.. :)

You should not have had to change the file name.. sounds like you got an incomplete download causing a bad sbf..
I would re download and try again.. make sure when you download the sbf file when it finishes downloading it is in. Exe format..should have a little green android guy as icon as well... :)

Success! I was able to get to the triangle screen by x+pwr and waiting for a while. The volume buttons worked and I installed the 906 ota update from my SD card. I then ran the 1_CLICK_SBF.exe (still the same one I cut the file name down on) and everything is working now. rebooted to the OS and am now doing the ota update from verizon.

Thank you thank you thank you :hail:

I think that maybe the the download site adds some extension to the file name? And Windows doesn't recognize it.
I checked the file size and started to download it again and it still had the .exe-dl=1 at the end.
I don't know, I'm just glad it's working!

OP
ovelayer

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ccol glad ya got it

Mayz

Reaction score
Run the "1_CLICK_SBF.exe" (win 7 users right click on .exe and run as administrator)

Ok, so I downloaded your executable, but my computer doesn't recognize it (Windows 7 home premium 64 bit) . I need to recover my droid 3, and I do have AP Fastboot, but I don't know what I am doing. I need mental help... I am trying to have it fully usable by another service aside from verizon, and I just am at a loss... There is so much information, surrounded by a bunch of broken links... =(