[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

mikedomo

Reaction score
Thanks for your all efforts to bring us soon a stable ICS rom for Droid 3

Every person at this forum will be patien for that rom, take your time Chevycam94 :).

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I Hope someone can help me....

I have been running 5.6 in safestrap for a while, and have been really happy with it, so happy in fact, that I want it to replace the stock ROM as my non-safe ROM.

The problem that I'm having is that I install it using Hash's Tweeked bootloader, which works great, but I want to install Safestrap and play with other ROMs as well.
When I follow hash's process Here, to remove CWM, on the next boot, my phone goes through a process of updating applications, and starting applications after the splash screen, but it never comes out of the starting applications screen.
If I do a battery pull, and reboot the phone, it hangs on the splash screen, and the only way to get the phone working again is to SBF back to stock, root, install CWM and install Steel Droid again from scratch.

Has anyone else come across this before, or knows a way to resolve this.

Thanks
Adrian

Might be a dumb suggestion but once you uninstalled the Bootstrap and then installed Safestrap, did you click "Remove Recovery" 1st?

I haven't used Safestrap in a bit so idk if that'll help. I'll try and give it a shot Friday when I'm off work though. :)

mreine

Reaction score
Droid 3 Steel droid 5.6 constant reboot

I have a Droid 3 and just flashed steel droid 5.6.890SBF with RSD 5 times now following steps on: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...-droid-5-6-ice-cream-sandwich-6-8-2012-a.html

I have flashed all sorts of roms over the past few years so am not a newbie. After RSD gets to step 18/18, my Droid 3 just keeps rebooting from Red eye to "droid" image then back to the red eye. Does this for hours. Any suggestions? I previously had 5.5 steel droid running but it did random reboots, then finally stuck on boot animation on every reboot. 5.5 worked for about a week.

Thanks.

drknes

Reaction score
Might be a dumb suggestion but once you uninstalled the Bootstrap and then installed Safestrap, did you click "Remove Recovery" 1st?

I haven't used Safestrap in a bit so idk if that'll help. I'll try and give it a shot Friday when I'm off work though. :)

That worked, thanks for the help :)

EDIT: I was a little hasty in replying, that did not work, I get the same fault after a reboot

Last edited:

drknes

Reaction score
I have a Droid 3 and just flashed steel droid 5.6.890SBF with RSD 5 times now following steps on: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...-droid-5-6-ice-cream-sandwich-6-8-2012-a.html

I have flashed all sorts of roms over the past few years so am not a newbie. After RSD gets to step 18/18, my Droid 3 just keeps rebooting from Red eye to "droid" image then back to the red eye. Does this for hours. Any suggestions? I previously had 5.5 steel droid running but it did random reboots, then finally stuck on boot animation on every reboot. 5.5 worked for about a week.

Thanks.

Steel Droid doesn't have the red eye splash screen, so it means your flash hasn't worked.

Pull the battery, then hold down the M key while turning the phone on, use the down volume button to navigate to recovery, select it with the up volume control.

Do a factory restore/wipe data, then reboot, root the phone, then install safestrap.

Turn on safe mode, and then install zip from SD Card

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

Thanks.

Boot into stock recovery and clear data/cache

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I do want to throw out a brighter note here. I have officially begun to sync CM7 source with Hashcodes ICS overlay stuff for the D3. Now while that will take a while to download (slow internet here), I will see about getting a build together and tested on my D3 in the next day or two. After that, I will start tweaking, and pulling my changes over to it to turn it into Steel Droid So, in reality, the next public, stable (for the most part) version, will be v6.0!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I do want to throw out a brighter note here. I have officially begun to sync CM7 source with Hashcodes ICS overlay stuff for the D3. Now while that will take a while to download (slow internet here), I will see about getting a build together and tested on my D3 in the next day or two. After that, I will start tweaking, and pulling my changes over to it to turn it into Steel Droid So, in reality, the next public, stable (for the most part) version, will be v6.0!

You had me at "I"

elias01

Reaction score

Thanks for doing all these, really appreciated!!!!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Well, source is completely synced now, and tried to make a build. It failed with 9 errors. No biggie. I will get them fixed up tonight hopefully, and see about getting a build up for testing.

eroc1990

Reaction score
Just reporting a quick bug report. When I hold down the power button to turn on the torch flashlight, it works. Whenever I try to open up the same menu to turn it back off, System UI stops. Not sure if this is something you could fix but figured i'd let ya know.

Also, thrilled about the fact you're working on v6, chevy. Keep up the awesome work.

Uthanak69

Reaction score

Excited!

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Well, source is completely synced now, and tried to make a build. It failed with 9 errors. No biggie. I will get them fixed up tonight hopefully, and see about getting a build up for testing.

You da man. Can't wait

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
lotzakritters said:
You da man. Can't wait

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I got rid of the 9 errors, right before bed. Will test it out this afternoon. If all goes well, I will do a current sync/build, and tweak it out to make v5.0. It will seem to take a step backwards in features, but I need to add them in, since now I can.