[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

Discussion in 'Steel Droid - D3' started by chevycam94, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Juz10xD

Juz10xD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my mms's will not download. whenever i receieve an image via text message, it says download failed.

2. qwertyz

qwertyz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been using this rom for a day and just gotta say im really loving it, i love the theme it comes with and the look is amazing. one problem though, im not sure if its my charger or my phone but it seems to not be charging, i had it charging for about an hour and the battery was actually going Down even though the screen was off and it was connected and even said it was charging, anyone have any input?

3. MikeTheCat

MikeTheCat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Turn Phone off, Plug The Phone to your charger, If your phone turns on; The Charger Should be working. If not, It could be your battery. (You can get one on the Moto Site)

4. spissatus

spissatus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, first off of course, Thanks to Chevy for fantastic ICS mod.

Unfortunately two consistent problems.

1) Sometimes my camera becomes locks and becomes completely unresponsive (cannot connect to camera) and I have to reset the phone. Any suggestions?

2) I am consistently having trouble with GPS signal though. I've tried using it about 15 times in the last week. I go to Maps, type in the address, Directions, then Navigate. Without fail, EVERY time, GPS is unable to lock signal. I tried to toggle GPS on and off (waiting 10-20 seconds) and try all again, since that worked in Gingerbread. That worked maybe 1/2 the time. The other half, I tried a full restart and repeated process. That worked a couple times. There have been maybe 3-5 times no matter how many times I toggle, or even after a couple resets, my phone cannot get GPS signal. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm running a fresh install

SBF obtained from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...-droid-5-6-ice-cream-sandwich-6-8-2012-a.html 5.6.890 SBF

ROM obtained from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/st...ad-steel-droid-6-8-2012-new-device-added.html SD3_5500.zip - 124.78 MB - TRUE ICS

Also my video camera doesn't work, but it appears that's to be expected?

5. Sheffy007

Sheffy007 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    1. Problems are expected with the camera. It's a software camera. If you want to read more go to blog.hash-of-codes.com (also answers the question about the video camera.)

2. I'm not sure if yours just isn't working or its taking forever, which makes you think its not functioning. If its the latter, what I would do is go to the market and search for "fix gps". I can't remember the name at the moment but what it will do is change what regions the phone is searching for the gps in. You just have to change it to your region and then reboot.

Edit: the app is called "Faster Fix"

6. spissatus

spissatus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sheffy007 the Faster Fix seems to have worked all day when I used it maybe a dozen times. Great save!

Droid 3 camera.... what a disaster. IMO even the Motorola Citrus had better stills.... and now the video isn't working. Oh well. Thanks for info anyway.

7. Sheffy007

Sheffy007 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    My pleasure!

8. jdinardo30

jdinardo30 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not, but It's happened twice now today. After installing 5.6 this morning, I noticed that if my screen stays off for a certain amount of time (usually for around 20 minutes or more), my phone becomes unresponsive, and by unresponsive I mean the screen stays black but the menu buttons remain lit after I push the power/wake button, then nothing happens. The only way to get the phone to come back to is by removing the battery, and so far it's happened twice since this morning. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the overclock settling in, but I will try a fresh install to see if that fixes it. Is anyone having the same issue or does anyone know what could be wrong?

9. woymfsu03

woymfsu03 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Usually this happens with me when my phone is in my pocket and it slightly slides open maybe a couple centimeters or so. I can turn the phone on but the screen stays black but the bottom physical buttons light up. I can even slide it open on the screen and feel it vibrate when it unlocks. Of course this happened to me on stock rom as well.

10. lastname_firstname

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not on SD, but I had this problem w/ my previous droid 3, it was the screen not the rom. I sent my phone bacck and made them give me a new one under warranty

11. KwiHa

KwiHa New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Quick question before I start to flash....
    Are there any way to start a week with Monday instead of Sunday in the calendar?
    There are chance to do it with stock rom.

12. Juz10xD

Juz10xD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nobody has the same issue? i came from liberty rom, did i fresh install with safe strap, wipe cache/data etc. flashed the ics steel droid and now my mms wont download. im in a support department and pictures are being sent to me alot through the day. so if i cant get this to work out, im going to have to go to a different rom for this little issue when everything else is fine for me...

Search tags for this page

droid 3 ice cream sandwich

droid 3 ice cream sandwich rom
droid 3 ics
droid 3 ics rom
droid charge ice cream sandwich
droid x ice cream sandwich rom

ice cream sandwich rom

ice cream sandwich rom download
steel droid
steel droid ics