[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

Manderson31395

Reaction score
Hey love this rom just a couple of bugs I found

1. Hard Keyboard switches to shortcuts (usually calculator or gmail) but a reboot fixes it

2. Youtube audio is great but the video is like a slideshow, not actual video

3. Some applications take a while to read sd card correctly after mount and unmount (playerpro when i add new music takes several reboots to work again but a reinstall of playerpro usualy fixes it)

4. Google Chrome (the app) doesn't work, no pages load at all

5. Camera stuff obviously

Otherwise this is easily the best rom I've ever used in any fashion. ICS rocks so hard and the phones battery life is like 20 hours for me. It's great when all my friends phones are dead at like 4am and mine is still going. Great job, please work on the above bugs, thanks

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Hey love this rom just a couple of bugs I found

1. Hard Keyboard switches to shortcuts (usually calculator or gmail) but a reboot fixes it

2. Youtube audio is great but the video is like a slideshow, not actual video

3. Some applications take a while to read sd card correctly after mount and unmount (playerpro when i add new music takes several reboots to work again but a reinstall of playerpro usualy fixes it)

4. Google Chrome (the app) doesn't work, no pages load at all

5. Camera stuff obviously

Otherwise this is easily the best rom I've ever used in any fashion. ICS rocks so hard and the phones battery life is like 20 hours for me. It's great when all my friends phones are dead at like 4am and mine is still going. Great job, please work on the above bugs, thanks

1. No fix atm, just hold the search key for a few seconds to fix.

2. Codec issue

3. Try adjusting SD read value

4. Codec issue again

5. Codec issue (ffc obviously, video, and auto-focus)

The codec stuff may never be fixed, it all depends on if the devs can hack and piece together fixes. ICS may never be fully operation on the D3, due to the GB kernel and locked bootloader.
Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

s10pbstar

Reaction score
im decently new to the world of ics. ihave flashed other rom on my d3 and i tried multiple times i wiped all my data and no dice it would load the safe strap screen and then it would go black and stay like that i let it go for about a hour and nothing. any ideas?

Dom1000

Reaction score
on the youtube thing...if you click "hd" it works fine no slideshow kinda thing just smooth video...may take a little bit more to load but still the same

tman_c45

Reaction score
I haven't made any changes to my system/New apps, but android os is killing my battery....I've wiped cache, dalvik, battery stats, no GPS, moderate usage....any ideas?

View attachment 53029

tman_c45

Reaction score
im decently new to the world of ics. ihave flashed other rom on my d3 and i tried multiple times i wiped all my data and no dice it would load the safe strap screen and then it would go black and stay like that i let it go for about a hour and nothing. any ideas?

did you do a wipe dalvik/factory restore after flashing?

mkosto

Reaction score
Hey Chevy, i aplied this patch (XDA) to your rom and GSM start working but i lose your modification options, maybe you could use them to give XT860 support.

Thanks for the work, you are awesome (Using SD since Droid OG in México!)

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Hey Chevy, i aplied this patch (XDA) to your rom and GSM start working but i lose your modification options, maybe you could use them to give XT860 support.

Thanks for the work, you are awesome (Using SD since Droid OG in México!)

If he does add GSM support he'd need a Tester who uses GSM in order to see if everything works.

mkosto

Reaction score
If he does add GSM support he'd need a Tester who uses GSM in order to see if everything works.

Yes, I think i could be one, but in my way home i thought about doing the patch myself, as i was looking that the AOKP and CM9 are both the same except for the build.prop, i will try to mod the file to work with SD tonight, hope i manage to make it work.

Wish me luck (and excuse my english) :)

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic ROM, Chevy. I loved your ROMs back when I used my OG Droid, and I'm glad to have them available for my Droid 3 now, too. I've hardly seen a single bug yet. dancedroid

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Yes, I think i could be one, but in my way home i thought about doing the patch myself, as i was looking that the AOKP and CM9 are both the same except for the build.prop, i will try to mod the file to work with SD tonight, hope i manage to make it work.

Wish me luck (and excuse my english) :)

You'd be best to PM him. I'm only just a tester for him myself. :) But if you can help the GSM users any help will be welcomed!

thorrules

Reaction score
jdinardo30 said:
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue or not, but It's happened twice now today. After installing 5.6 this morning, I noticed that if my screen stays off for a certain amount of time (usually for around 20 minutes or more), my phone becomes unresponsive, and by unresponsive I mean the screen stays black but the menu buttons remain lit after I push the power/wake button, then nothing happens. The only way to get the phone to come back to is by removing the battery, and so far it's happened twice since this morning. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the overclock settling in, but I will try a fresh install to see if that fixes it. Is anyone having the same issue or does anyone know what could be wrong?

Hi jdinardo30
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am having the same problem.

For all i have found 2 other major issues, anyone had any luck with fixing them:1) wifi keeps losing every few minutes (good thing is that i have unlimited data plan)
2) gps very slow, i read someone mentioning fastergps, so i m going to try and post back, whether it works or not.

Sent from my DROID3 using Droid Forums

Last edited:

thorrules

Reaction score
Could it be that the problems i am having with wifi dropping and screen freezing be related to overclocking, if yes how do i change, i dont get 1ghz option, currently my phone is clocked at 1150mhz

Sent from my DROID3 using Droid Forums