[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I've tried downloading from your dev-host site, and the dl's hang. Does anyone have a mirror dl or can someone send me the file?

If your using the stock browser, try Dolphin HD or Opera and it should alleviate that problem.

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

cocodude

Reaction score
If your using the stock browser, try Dolphin HD or Opera and it should alleviate that problem.
Does Opera (I presume the full version, Opera Mobile) work for you against Steel? I get a blank screen, and assumed it was because of the hardware codecs issue (like Google Chrome).

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Does Opera (I presume the full version, Opera Mobile) work for you against Steel? I get a blank screen, and assumed it was because of the hardware codecs issue (like Google Chrome).

Lol not sure, i personally use Dolphin HD, I just was suggesting multiple alternate browsers. I guess i should suggest ones that actually work next
time :3 lol

EDIT: Ok so Opera Mini works fine, Opera Mobile blank screens. o_O

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

Last edited:

Abajo

Reaction score
I've used ie9, google chrome, opera, and firefox13 on the laptop w/ non-hacked aircard; on the phone, I was using Dolphin HD. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with a d/l. I used my aircard for the last 7 weeks on all my PB and kat.ph stuff with zero issues. Hmmm.... The only other thing I can do is try on a home network when I get back next week.

Edit: Something else of note, every download of his on the dev host site doesn't fully d/l for me. I just downloaded mav4.0 and some random boot animations from here with no issues.

Last edited:

Dom1000

Reaction score
thats really weird...guess the site just doesnt like your pc...lol

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
I noticed a bug... It seems that the Mic does not work unless the on screen navigation bars are activated...

~Paw Typed Without Thumbs From My Squeeking Mouse Phone~

PerpetualCalamity

Reaction score
Bluetooth Audio

Hey, I'm a long time Steel Droid user but first time poster.

I'm curious if any progress has been made on bluetooth functionality for the ICS roms? Using bluetooth for calls the audio is all garbled and crackly. I also don't get any audio when trying to listen to music, although the only music app I've used so far is Pandora.

Other than that the 5.6 rom has been great once I downclocked the proc back to 800mhz. I didn't really see much of a performance difference running at 1.2ghz and the battery life was pretty bad. Only other glitch I've seen so far is with the camera. Sometimes the camera app has issues connecting to the camera and I need to reboot.

Anyways just looking to see if progress has been made or if there are any tips/tricks out there to help out with the bluetooth situation. Thanks!

MechaKhari

Reaction score
I really loved this rom for the time I had it installed, but I had to flash back for now because of some music files I somehow corrupted (Weird) as well as the fact I also wanted to wait for my extended battery to come in to enjoy ICS to the fullest.
A few concerns though, is there really no way to fix the camera? And why does youtube lag so much? is there anyway to fix this?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I havent updated my D3 ICS source in a while, and Im not actually sure if it even builds. I have been having a lot of build issues recently with my other sources, so Im not sure on this one. I will see what I can do about getting things current.

brlebu

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm new to the custom ROM world, and i just figured out how to install Steel Droid 5.6 on my D3 last night.

Everything seems to be working perfectly aside from the fact that I don't get email notifications. The only thing I could think to do on my own was to check the accounts and sync menu, but everything is good there. I googled the problem and searched through this thread as well, but couldn't find anyone else having the same issue.

Any ideas?

AerikD

Reaction score
I have been using this rom for almost a month, but as of today my in call volume has stopped, is there any way to fix it?

jrpworkemail

Reaction score
Hey Dev, first off awesome work you've been doing here. I've been using this rom for 3 days now. It has really brought my old phone back to life, and I can't wait to see what else you throw at us! I wanted to point out something strange, for the first two days my camera worked awesome, way better than it did on stock. Was even able to use apps
like cam scanner, and the focus adjusted perfect, doc's looked great. I was under the impression that the camera wasn't working at all...but luck has it that id does not find
the camera as of today. Also, the first 2 days I had awesome battery life. I am a medium user for calls, facebook and nav. I went like 12 hours with no charge and never
went below 68% on the stock battery. But as with the camera on the third day full battery goes down in like 50 min. Have not changed or added any apps since the first day. Have not lost any calls, GPS works pretty good, takes a min to get the signal, but nothing bad. The mic was working the first 2 days, not the third.

Again awesome job dude :hail: Might try to re-flash and see if I can get the camera back again.
Thanks!

cocodude

Reaction score
I have been using this rom for almost a month, but as of today my in call volume has stopped, is there any way to fix it?
I've noticed this once or twice. A reboot fixes it but I haven't determined the cause yet.

jrpworkemail

Reaction score
Update: Plugged my my phone up last night before bed, got up this morning and the battery was totally dead. Plugged it up to another charger, turned it on and the camera is back up, battery is holding strong. It's weird, I rebooted yesterday to try to bring it back to normal to no avail. Gonna test drive the %*@$ out of it today and see what it
does.dancedroid

nightwolf92

Reaction score
Hey guys im having some trouble i just flashed Steel droid onto my droid 3 and im having trouble with my camera is this existing with everyone.... anyone have a fix? or is there a more stable ROM to go to that has a working camera! no disrespect to the developer... i was told this was the best...