[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

liljack1980

Reaction score
I am trying to add a rom to my wife's droid 3 for her. i have been working on it for the last few hours with no luck. I have followed the guide here with no luck. i can not get pasted the first step. I also just took it back to factory settings with the SBF file. Still no luck. What am i doing wrong? Also since i ran the RSD lite the phone now only loads in to AP fastboot when reset. Anyone on here at this time to help me real fast? I am going to attach a screen shot of the issue that pops up on RSD.View attachment 54135

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I am trying to add a rom to my wife's droid 3 for her. i have been working on it for the last few hours with no luck. I have followed the guide here with no luck. i can not get pasted the first step. I also just took it back to factory settings with the SBF file. Still no luck. What am i doing wrong? Also since i ran the RSD lite the phone now only loads in to AP fastboot when reset. Anyone on here at this time to help me real fast? I am going to attach a screen shot of the issue that pops up on RSD.View attachment 54135

Just keep trying RSD Lite, sometimes it'll take multiple attempts for it to take. I've had times when it took me over 10 tries. You'll have to restart the program each time though for best results.

Butt-Dialed from my Hamburger Phone

liljack1980

Reaction score
I will keep trying it. also will it always get stuck bringing up the ap fastboot flash failure every time the phone is restarted or will it stop once the flash goes through. I have used this to root 2 other droid 3's and never had a problem. got so say WTF lol.

liljack1980

Reaction score
Random, but is the phone your trying to SBF on .906 or .890?

I have tried everything from downloading and flashing back to out of the box stock to full up date and a couple fixes in between. I have tried this too many times just keeps failing at step 6/18. anyone know what might help PLEASE.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have decided to base the next build (assuming I can get it to build right) on AOKP. I dont know how much this will solve as far as issues go, but its worth a shot. Working on setting it up right now.

MikeTheCat

Reaction score
chevycam94 said:
I have decided to base the next build (assuming I can get it to build right) on AOKP. I dont know how much this will solve as far as issues go, but its worth a shot. Working on setting it up right now.

Can't wait! xD

~Paw Typed Without Thumbs From My Squeeking Mouse Phone~

synpse

Reaction score
so yeah, my phone randomly dies. drains the battery.. and is just instantly dead. sometimes within 6 hours. maybe the overclock, maybe the wifi. but it's just instantly dead. back to the gingerbread. and why not 2.3.7 ?? it would make me feel like it's more up to date. ICS for the D3 just isn't working out without bluetooth since i have the T505 rokr BT to FM for my Jeep.

georgegmf

Reaction score
I've had SD installed for just over a week now and I really like it. It's incredibly streamlined, fast and sleek.

1. Unfortunately I've been encountering the 'black screen'/sleep phenomenon (unable to turn the screen on except for removing and reinserting the battery). It's happened three times: first time I did nothing, second time I cleared cache, data, and battery, though I don't think this did anything seeing as it blacked out this morning. I told myself 'three strikes and it's out'. I really don't want to uninstall this ROM for something else - I get what I need out of the phone much faster due to SD's great functionality. But, the black screen, as you can imagine, is a deal breaker. I just can't be missing calls, texts, and alarms at random.

I've searched around quite a bit on the problem and have found little coming from devs. Have any of you experienced this? It seems many suffer from it while others don't. It makes me think it's some single function/option that causes it. Have you let your phone die (0 battery)? People are also getting this with Mav ROM 4.5 causing many to revert back to 4.0. I may switch over to Mav while Chevy cranks out a new package here.

2. Is anyone have problems with ROM options not applying? I'm not entirely sure if they apply or not TBH. But when I select something, then return to it later, it has changed back. Almost everything seems to apply except for a few: Max CPU speed being the most worrisome. I'll set it to 800MHz, return to it here and there to check and occasionally I'll catch it back at 1150MHz. A few others are in 'Start-up Tweaks' such as 'Zipalign apks', 'clear cache', 'enable sysctl', and 'enable scheduled tasks', all of which revert back to disabled after I had enabled them previously. It seems the only options that have this problem are those that get the 'superuser permissions' note on toggling.

3. For those having battery life problems there are several options you can toggle that will help efficiency. I had horrible life initially but have significantly improved it and now only have to charge my phone every other day with moderate use.

First, check out Chevy's thread (http://www.droidforums.net...aokp-settings-thread.html) on AOKP settings for battery life. I changed most of mine to what he has, give or take a few.

Second, know that Wi-Fi seems to drain a bit more juice than the stock ROM. I typically turn if off at night or you can change 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'only when plugged in' or never. (below: left Wi-Fi always on, right turning it off)

View attachment 54381

Third, in safestrap go Advanced > wipe battery stats. Then, allow your phone to die with normal use and fully charge it afterward.

Fourth, be patient. This is probably the most important. Give your phone about week from the ROM install and you'll see significant battery life improvements. Think of this as the ROM settling into your phone.

vice.versa

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if the HDMI video out is enabled in the custom ROM?
skype?

Thanks.

ExOmRa

Reaction score
Safestrap recovery from RICK#2 dont have such option - "install zip from sdcard". Version 1.08e.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've been encountering the 'black screen'/sleep phenomenon (unable to turn the screen on except for removing and reinserting the battery).

If you have a CPU app, try setting the minimum value up a notch, and ensure that there are no sleep profiles.

Nothing scientific, just a guess.