[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I'm on SD4 now, and it's awesome, but I can't find a way to access any sort of accounts menu, since it is no longer included in Settings. On xda-developers forums, I found this:
"Originally Posted by jchenny Somehow i do not have "My Accounts" in my app drawer....is this because I flashed directly from the Stock instead of upgrading from the previous version?

Here's the My Account apk (DL LINK).

Use Root Explorer and copy it to System/app, then set permissions to;

RW-R--R--

Then reboot and it should be there" (Yonnor)

However, I tried that, and My Accounts still does not appear in my app drawer. Any suggestions?

Do you have Titanium Backup?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well finally flashed this and am very impressed. Smooth as butta.... might be my new DD.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Hey chevy thanks you for being a dedicated developer but as a polite request could you add the dsp manager to the rom its the only reason I switch between other roms

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I can, and will include it in the next full release, but until then, I will have to make it an addon. Working on the addons tonight. Will post them up tomorrow when I have decent internet.

Thanks for everyones support. Hardware modding my game consoles almost took over my life completely, but I still wanted to progress my dev work here, as so many people like my ROM. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RySean

Reaction score
Do you have Titanium Backup?

I do not, however, I can always get it. Also, I'm not worried about doing a completely clean wipe (SBF) and wiping data, so I can reflash whenever if that's the recommended course of action.

One thing to note, when using the safestrap instructions:

1. Make sure you have the .zip file on your SD card. (for CM7: grab GApps .zip while you're at it -- use CM7 Universal link).
  2. Now reboot and enter recovery by hitting [ menu ] during the splashscreen.
  3. If this is your first time in Safestrap Recovery: make a backup while in non-safe mode to keep for disaster recovery.
  4. If "Safe System" is not enabled, then turn it on in the Safestrap Menu.
  5. Format /system under "Mounts" menu
  6. Install the .zip as per normal.
  7. Wipe data/cache
  8. Reboot
At step 5, I also formatted data and cache using the same menu.

The first time I flashed SD4, I only formatted /system, and I still had a bunch of extra MotoCrap apps. This time it was pretty clean, except I don't have Accounts or My Accounts or anything.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
OK everyone. I updated the OP again, this time, to include the ADDONS for v4.0, which will also work for all future versions (5.7.894-based versions), unless specified later on with a different release.

v4.1 will have the 1% battery mod, as well as a few other goodies, thanks to pedwards and buckmarble! Props for getting that mod ported to the new 5.7.894 base! BTW, they are the team that makes up MaverickROM. Excellent job guys!

lemmony

Reaction score
I have downloaded the steel droid 4.0 but now my bluetooth device wont work corerctly? I am not able to use it to voice dial? anyone have suggestions?

lemmony

Reaction score
great job Chevy can u help me with bluetooth?

Hey Chevy I am running your 4.0 on my droid 3 but I seem to have run into a bluetooth headset glitch.Any suggestions as to how to correct it? Is their an add-on or something I need? The bluetooth works but it wont voice dial or recognize with my droid 3 after the update to 4.0?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I do not, however, I can always get it. Also, I'm not worried about doing a completely clean wipe (SBF) and wiping data, so I can reflash whenever if that's the recommended course of action.

Well if you get Titanium Backup you could always do a wipe, flash SDv3, backup all apps, wipe again and flash SDv4, and then restore the missing apps (IE: Accounts). That should fix it for you. Kind of tedious though. :/

Kickbut101

Reaction score
fresh install of 4.0 with cleared data and system but still FC issues with calender widget. used safestrap to install onto the "safe mode" ..partition?.. anyone else still experiencing this?

*edit*

Last edited:

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
fresh install with cleared data and system but still FC issues with calender widget. used safestrap to install onto the "safe mode" ..partition?.. anyone else still experiencing this?

I had a similar issue, mine was due to missing the "Calender Storage" apk. But I fixed it by restoring the missing app with Titanium Backup. It might be possible to pull the apk from an older version of SD and use Root Explorer to install it.

lemmony

Reaction score
fresh install of 4.0 with cleared data and system but still FC issues with calender widget. used safestrap to install onto the "safe mode" ..partition?.. anyone else still experiencing this?

*edit*

Yea the go weather widget has issues as well and the bluetooth voice recognizer for blue tooth activated pairing is down as well. Not sure what the fixes are. I just by-passed them for now by downloading weather bug and hands free voice dialer pro from the market.