[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Just read on the XDA forums Chevy commented he is trying his best to release it by christmas! :-D

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I will hopefully get a bit more work done on my v4 ROM tonight. I want to build it from Hashcodes CM7 source port, but its not making my final OTA package properly. Fixing that isn't exactly my area of expertise.

If I have to I will go back to 5.6.890 base, and update some apps, optimize a bit more, change some graphics, make a few more system tweaks, and release that for Christmas.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

For those who haven't been on XDA yet. lol :p

xElektro

Reaction score
Just read on the XDA forums Chevy commented he is trying his best to release it by christmas! :-D

Can u provide a link, please?

lemmony

Reaction score
Thankyou :O)

Ok took a few trials and errors and if not for petes root tools and psouzos sscript I would have killed around 75 droid 3's :icon_eek:
I have finally got the steel droid up and running and with the black hat free wi-fi hook up (thanx's Chevy for the note)
The only glitch I couldnt seeem to work out is the bluetooth google picco tts voice recognition but bypassed that with vlingo and all is good in the hood. :O)dancedroid :D Thanx alot Chevy you rock and keep up the good work.. DancingNexus

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Great news guys! Steel Droid 4 is in its final testing stages! I am aware that the audio might be a bit strange, but it does work 95% of the time. Its CM7 based now, so I am free to do a lot more with it. Final release will include my SteelBox, in place of CMParts.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
santa_android_twitter2.png

So excited :D

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Still having trouble with the CM7 build. More than I feel is acceptable for a full release. Back to the 5.6.890 base, or possibly the 5.7.x leak. Either way, it should be much better than version 3. I will try to give the look more of an AOSP feel, as opposed to Blur. I just don't like the way it looks in Blur, just doesn't flow right.

wildride89

Reaction score
Take your time. Relax, my friend the rom can wait, even if you can't. Merry xmas to everyone. Thank you for your work

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Thanks wild. I will work on this release over Christmas, and a bit after. Its going to take a minute to change out some of the graphics I just dont like. Im not sure what style I want to go with though, so I will have to test around.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Thanks wild. I will work on this release over Christmas, and a bit after. Its going to take a minute to change out some of the graphics I just dont like. Im not sure what style I want to go with though, so I will have to test around.

Take your time man. We all know the wait is worth it. Just enjoy your Holiday :D Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyonedancedroid

GoTeamScotch

Reaction score
This rom looks promising. I'm in the process of installing, but after I used Pete's tools, my phone rebooted and is rooted, but I have no cell service or carrier info. Any help peeps?

Merry Christmas!

Edit- dialed *228 then pressed 1 and all is well again! :) I AM LOVING THE NEW BLUE THEME! Awesome work chevy! So far I haven't noticed any bugs and everything seems to be running smoothly. I can't wait to see what the dev's do with overclock kernels and all that later on.
One quick thing though, the Swype install isn't working for me. I tried flashing the zip via CWM and it reported the file as "bad". Thats ok because I can get it elsewhere.

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I tried to integrate Jewremys v5 mod for notification power widgets, but I couldn't get the ROM to boot with it. Im still trying. I will post updates as I go along, but v4.0 is definitely coming to a close. Looking more like a New Years release.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
I tried to integrate Jewremys v5 mod for notification power widgets, but I couldn't get the ROM to boot with it. Im still trying. I will post updates as I go along, but v4.0 is definitely coming to a close. Looking more like a New Years release.

+100

Sent from my DROID3