[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

acoers

Reaction score
Anybody try the red carbon bliss theme with v4.0

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ice177

Reaction score
thank you for the update just one problem, the ignore call slider doesn't show up when someone calls while the phone is locked just shows the green one to pick up anyone else experiencing this?

lemmony

Reaction score
thank you for the update just one problem, the ignore call slider doesn't show up when someone calls while the phone is locked just shows the green one to pick up anyone else experiencing this?
yes their are a few glitches. The ignore button,the camera in and out slide switch is out, the Verizon back-up doesn't mount correctly,the voice activation when using blue tooth devices is disabled and requires a secondary hands free dialer from the market,and if I remember correctly I do not think you will find your accounts switch either. I also noted a suspicious drop in reception that only occurred when ever a call was actually made. Other then those few bugs it seems to be decent. I think for stability sake 3 is still the safer download, but you always have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.. :) All in all keep up the great work Chevy, not a bad Christmas present.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As A suggestion, if you. Are coming from sd3, it is HIGHLY suggested that you wipe as it is an updated system and you will run into issues if you dont. We experienced this with MavROM.

dustyewebb

Reaction score
I had a similar issue, mine was due to missing the "Calender Storage" apk. But I fixed it by restoring the missing app with Titanium Backup. It might be possible to pull the apk from an older version of SD and use Root Explorer to install it.

Any chance you could post that calendar storage .apk? I tried to find it in an earlier version of steel Droid but was unsuccessful. My calendar is the only problem I'm having with this Rom. All in all great job Chevy! Just pleeeeease help me fix the calendar. My memory sucks. The calendar is the only thing that keeps me organized.

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out the facebook sync problem yet. That's the only thing that is needed for me. Im sure its something very simple.

Sent from my DROID3

lotzakritters

Reaction score
Any chance you could post that calendar storage .apk? I tried to find it in an earlier version of steel Droid but was unsuccessful. My calendar is the only problem I'm having with this Rom. All in all great job Chevy! Just pleeeeease help me fix the calendar. My memory sucks. The calendar is the only thing that keeps me organized.

I got that same thing the very first time I flashed this rom too. I re-downloaded it and flashed again and I haven't had that popup again. My calendar work just fine.
Edit: just got it trying to use the calender widget. My bad
Sent from my DROID3

Last edited:

apl3

Reaction score
does this work withe GSM

AS the title says does this rom work with the gsm radio? Thanks cause I am going to China for work.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1

Yes, I did notice that, and Im not really sure what its doing that. Im thinking thats because I optimized the images in the phone.apk. I will have to go back and do some testing. Thanks for the heads up on the other glitches guys!

RySean

Reaction score
I used the setup.zip that was on xda dev in order to get access to my accounts. However, even though I installed Messaging and Univeral Inbox, the messaging program crashes whenever I try to access an email account. Is this a problem that is specific to me? Or just a glitch with the current OS?

PS, thanks for all the hard work Chevy, I've been using Steel Droid since 1.0 :)

rvcjew

Reaction score
Yes, I did notice that, and Im not really sure what its doing that. Im thinking thats because I optimized the images in the phone.apk. I will have to go back and do some testing. Thanks for the heads up on the other glitches guys!
yeah it also is all messed up when you click on a contact icon and then texting, you get a messed up thing for choosing the number to remember. it is like transparent.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I might have to change what app I use to optimize PNG files. This one works for most things, but 9.png files it doesnt seem to like 75% of the time. Anybody have any recommendations?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
OK, got v.4.5 up and running. Testing out different parts of the ROM now. If it passes, I will upload and post it.

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Updated the OP with fixes to come in the next release. Im working on that right now. Wont get them all in this update, but they are coming, no doubt, and quickly.