[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried to integrate Jewremys v5 mod for notification power widgets, but I couldn't get the ROM to boot with it. Im still trying. I will post updates as I go along, but v4.0 is definitely coming to a close. Looking more like a New Years release.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Did you theme any other "moto" apps for sd4.0? If so, all moto apps need to be re-signed the same in order to get it to boot. Including fwres, sysui, blurres and motores. I had this problem with mavrom after theming. everything.

Reaction score
Hey chevy thanks you for being a dedicated developer but as a polite request could you add the dsp manager to the rom its the only reason I switch between other roms

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Yes, agreed, thanks Chevy for the dedication… quick question, will the new version have universal email or will we have to add that back in like previous versions?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
There you go guys, the first release of my v4.x series for the Droid 3! Its not complete, and will be worked on for a while, but I wanted to get this out for the holidays! Happy New Year everyone! (yeah, Im excited already, can you tell? lol)

Vote for me! dancedroid

km75

Reaction score
Gonna try this now. Is this version safestrap compatible? Btw thanx for all ur work man.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
It is. Hashcode remade Safestrap to accept just about any ROM, no need to do any specific changes to your ROM this time.

km75

Reaction score
Thanks. Gonna try it now then.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

vegasblitz

Reaction score
Been running for a few hours with no hiccups, good rom thanks chevy this ones a keeper.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nice to see continued development on an already solid ROM. Gonna have to load this up over the weekend and give it a whirl! Keep up the great work Chevy!

RySean

Reaction score
I'm on SD4 now, and it's awesome, but I can't find a way to access any sort of accounts menu, since it is no longer included in Settings. On xda-developers forums, I found this:
"Originally Posted by jchenny Somehow i do not have "My Accounts" in my app drawer....is this because I flashed directly from the Stock instead of upgrading from the previous version?

Here's the My Account apk (DL LINK).

Use Root Explorer and copy it to System/app, then set permissions to;

RW-R--R--

Then reboot and it should be there" (Yonnor)

However, I tried that, and My Accounts still does not appear in my app drawer. Any suggestions?

wildride89

Reaction score
Where do we vote for you at chevy? I haven't tried the rom but im sure its great

burmester23

Reaction score
Have safestrap 1.08 and was wondering how I can use sd4 as my main rom without having to flash it in safemode. Currently sd3 is my base rom.