[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I have the same issue with Market and I just wiped data from app management. It's still a problem.

I'll try flashing Blacked Out next

Sent from my SteelDroid D3 (3.0) and TapaTalk

Im using the Blacked Out one and its working great.

Butt dialed from my hamburger phone

GreenSnow

Reaction score
I was thinking about using Golauncher, since I had that with the stock gingerbread, but I read in different places that since it just runs on top of the system it might slow down the phone a little. Did you notice any slowdown after installing Golauncher?

No not really, I mean give it a try, and if you don't like it un-install it

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

spmode

Reaction score
No not really, I mean give it a try, and if you don't like it un-install it

I shall give it a go :)

I have another question...
When you pull down the menu from the top, you see those toggles. What is the one with the up/down arrow? It seems it turns off some kind of reception. If that's the case, how is it different from the airplane mode?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Adw ex in $.10 in the market. I like go and adw. I would pick adw over go though.

weber3040

Reaction score
I shall give it a go :)

I have another question...
When you pull down the menu from the top, you see those toggles. What is the one with the up/down arrow? It seems it turns off some kind of reception. If that's the case, how is it different from the airplane mode?

the up and down arrows turn the 3G data on and off. where as airplane mode shuts off all communications from the phone.dancedroid

Boneyp

Reaction score
same problem

Im using the Blacked Out one and its working great.

I am having the same problem with market... I have tried several things so far none has worked, can you post link to "bowers blacked out "?

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with market... I have tried several things so far none has worked, can you post link to "bowers blacked out "?

Here's a link to B-Boy's Blacked out/Colored Markets. LINK

Just follow his instructions.

weber3040

Reaction score
Hey I have another question for you great hackers out there. Is there anyway in a future version of Steel Droid that we could reduce the minimum brightness of the screen? Or is there an app to do this? My nephew has an Iphone 4(sorry to mention that cuss word in here!) and when his screen dims all the way, it REALLY gets dim. Especially useful for the movie theater or early morning. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

tehjrow

Reaction score
I have 2 issues with Steel Droid:

1.) The screen orientation is not correct when in a car dock.
2.) My GPS stops working quiet frequently.

Any suggestions for those? They're enough to make me go back stock :-(

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
I have 2 issues with Steel Droid:

1.) The screen orientation is not correct when in a car dock.
2.) My GPS stops working quiet frequently.

Any suggestions for those? They're enough to make me go back stock :-(

Hmm let me try and answer those, I believe the car dock issue stems from the Rom debloated/deodexed, not 100% sure I'll look over the thread/ask Chevy.

And the GPS issue is weird, I use mine quite frequently and have had 0 issues. :/ have you tried fiddling with setting? Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling G Maps or w/e you use for Nav? Its also possible you had a bad flash.

tehjrow

Reaction score
Hmm let me try and answer those, I believe the car dock issue stems from the Rom debloated/deodexed, not 100% sure I'll look over the thread/ask Chevy.

And the GPS issue is weird, I use mine quite frequently and have had 0 issues. :/ have you tried fiddling with setting? Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling G Maps or w/e you use for Nav? Its also possible you had a bad flash.

Now that I think about it, the GPS only fails when it's in the car dock. It's working fine right now and it works until I put it in the car dock.

There's a thread in this forum with someone else also having the dock orientation issue.

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Could SDv4 possibly be a christmas present on its way?

theunknownn

Reaction score
Hey I have another question for you great hackers out there. Is there anyway in a future version of Steel Droid that we could reduce the minimum brightness of the screen? Or is there an app to do this? My nephew has an Iphone 4(sorry to mention that cuss word in here!) and when his screen dims all the way, it REALLY gets dim. Especially useful for the movie theater or early morning. Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

In the Market lookup an app called Screen Filter. I use it and its really good. It even give the ability to turn off key backlights so they aren't always shining in your face as well