[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

conov

Reaction score
Dear friends, I'm very sorry but on my droid 3 after installed this rom I have "Unfortunaly, the process com.android.phone has stopped." What I must doing for correct this problem?

conov

Reaction score
Thank you for support! ;) This error I could fix when I made choice GSM network in Mobile Networks, Networks Mode. In default was LTE.

sayona

Reaction score
hello

my phone droid 3, using steel droid rom. if i installed software from google play if i reboot my phone stuck in loading.

can some one help me

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Last edited:

lekarsenten

Reaction score
Dear friends, I'm very sorry but on my droid 3 after installed this rom I have "Unfortunaly, the process com.android.phone has stopped." What I must doing for correct this problem?

I've got this message after tapping Настройки->Еще->Мобильная сеть (settings->More-<mobile networks) when system language is russian
Moreover, sometimes I also cannot speak and hear sb during call.
Hope, sb help me :)

Last edited:

badluckman

Reaction score
it doesn't seem to want to install at all with your directions on my droid 3. have minimoto right now and don't like it

uzairsyedahmed

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am new to rooting, just wondering if I should go for ICS Steel Droid 5.5 or go for gingerbread 4.5 for my droid 3. Which would be the one with fewer bugs? Also, would I have to backup my internal files/pics when rooting? Thanks!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
gingerbread roms will have less features and less bugs.
i've been running 5.6, for a while, and it works well, no hdmi output though.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
the newest maps seems to cause a issue, causing screen not to come back on sometimes, and the maps app just doesn't work on 5.6

edit: older map versions work fine

joefuf

Reaction score
the newest maps seems to cause a issue, causing screen not to come back on sometimes, and the maps app just doesn't work on 5.6

edit: older map versions work fine

Glad to see I wasn't the only one with that issue. I prefer the older version anyway because it also had a separate Navigation app with it. They both work fine, so no reason to upgrade.

5.6 works fine for me. No camcorder, and I found someone suggested using CameraZoom FX to properly use focus on the phone. I get random FCs and memory overloads sometimes so I changed to Handcent for messaging too.

Kalvin_ly

Reaction score
I am having trouble connecting my phone to my PC on this rom, so I can transfer files between them.

Is there anyway to enable USB Mass Storage on this rom?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I am having trouble connecting my phone to my PC on this rom, so I can transfer files between them.

Is there anyway to enable USB Mass Storage on this rom?
yes, connect to pc via usb cable, select usb connected from notification bar, select Turn on usb storage.

Kalvin_ly

Reaction score
yes, connect to pc via usb cable, select usb connected from notification bar, select Turn on usb storage.

Unfortunately, the only thing I see in the notification bar when I connect it to my comp is USB debugging connected. Do I need to click on something in the settings?