[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

GreenSnow

Reaction score
Will it be possible to flash right to v4.5 from 3.0 or will I have to do it in sequence? I havn't gone to 4.0 yet (waiting for all the bugs to come out) but love 3.0…thanks again for all your hard work and dedication Chevy! :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Will it be possible to flash right to v4.5 from 3.0 or will I have to do it in sequence? I havn't gone to 4.0 yet (waiting for all the bugs to come out) but love 3.0…thanks again for all your hard work and dedication Chevy! :)

No, you will have to do a full wipe. The two bases, 5.6.890 and 5.7.894, are not compatible, in a LOT of ways. In this case, you will have to wipe, but if you were, say, on 4.0, you COULD flash right to 4.5, as they are the same base. I personally wipe every time I make a new install, but thats just me. I dont have anything worth keeping so much, that I cant wipe, and live without it. lol

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Thats it guys! v4.5 is up! Fixes a lot of the issues most of you have seen in v4.0. Still not sure about Bluetooth, as I dont have a Bluetooth to test with, sorry. Graphics work is coming next!

RySean

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, and I never thought to ask, nor have I seen any mention of it. In the extras, you have Updaters. What exactly are they for/what do they do? Lol

somemadcaaant

Reaction score
Nice work.

Tho the recovery option in your power menu doesn't seem to function, will you also be adding back our camera modifications in next release? I have updated versions of these including faster/tweaked 5.7 blurcamera app and an option to force the launcher to stay in memory, if you would like them prior to your next release let me know.

-smc

ba_rt

Reaction score
Updated 4.0 to 4.5, looks great, thanks chevycam. The only thing I had to re-install was Skype add-on pack.

Edit: had to re-import the contacts too.

Last edited:

krazyace38

Reaction score
I hope there will be a custom status bar soon love the rom its great
Bluetooth works good no problems so far

Last edited:

rindrew

Reaction score
Steel Droid 4.5-D3 Already Rooted

Looking to install Steel Droid 4.5. My D3 is already rooted. Can I go straight to the install from zip step?
Thanks for your help.

rvcjew

Reaction score
Looking to install Steel Droid 4.5. My D3 is already rooted. Can I go straight to the install from zip step? Thanks for your help.
site is all messed up today so hopefully this goes through, you need to install safestrap http://goo.gl/1pr5T on your phone first (read this Hash of Codes: HOW-TO Safestrap) then restart your phone and hit the menu button when asked, then go to backup make one then go to safe toggle and do it, then wipe data cache and you can flash the zip he made. sorry if i made it hard to read like i said site wont even let me hotlink things.

rindrew

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I will give this a try.

spmode

Reaction score
One thing I noticed going from 4.0 to 4.5:
When I was on 4.0, I had trouble with the touchscreen not being as responsive when I laid it down and used it with one finger. The problem seems to be fixed with 4.5. Is it just my imagination?

wildride89

Reaction score
Can I flash this through clockwork or is safestrap the preferred or only way to go?