[Release] New Theme - PINK-LIFE

pandies

Reaction score
download?

Where to download this AWESOME Rom and theme? the link above doesn't work...
thanks...

packetdog

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the pink theme... can I use it if I am not rooted??

Nope, requires rooting.. but it's well worth it. Kangerade 5.0.9 is actually antiquated on the Droid. The latest available release of a Pink-Life theme runs on LithiumMod (here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...d-source-built-awesomeness-themes-galore.html) & I can tell you that my wife loves it. :) Some of JRummy's best work. :)

To install you can use EasyRoot (FreeRoot if you Google for it) or Universal Androot to get rooted, then you download ROM Manager, flash Clockwork Recovery, then download LithiumMod 1.0.12, select the Pink theme, and BAM it's gravy! :) Like I said, my wife loves it and after JRummy helped me to hack up the calendar widget to a pink color, it's fricken awesome. :) Screenshots are here & here.

Cheers!

dorlisa

Reaction score
If I root, will I loose everything that I have now? I use launcherpro plus etc... I would love this pink theme so I am seriously thinking about it but know nothing about rooting it.

listenman20

Reaction score
you don't lose everything. all your apps and contacts are synced with google so once yuo sign back in everything reloads itself....granted this takes some time. once rooted you can use something like titanium backup to save all of your app data.

packetdog

Reaction score
you don't lose everything. all your apps and contacts are synced with google so once yuo sign back in everything reloads itself....granted this takes some time. once rooted you can use something like titanium backup to save all of your app data.

You can backup your apps and texts with an app called MyBackup Pro from Reware. It's a little clunky, but it works well to restore your texts (although it doesn't restore the time/date stamp, so they'll be out of order until you get new texts..) but then you can root your phone, jump to a custom rom, and restore some of the other data that Google doesn't back up. Listenman20 is correct, the donate version of Titanium Backup is a good backup tool, but I believe that would be post-rooting your phone.. Although you could use FreeRoot/Universal Androot and then Titanium to backup your apps and other stuff. Good luck if you want to take the plunge. Lots of forum users to help ya out in the event something doesn't go smoothly. :)

dorlisa

Reaction score
Im sorry I keep asking questions but.. where do I begin to root? I downloaded the 2.1 and 2.2 updates manually, is rooting anything like that? I had no problems when I did that.

Is there somewhere that will walk me through it?

1luvleegeek

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all of your hard work! I love it! You are the best :)

dorlisa

Reaction score
I tried to download Easyroot but it says it doesnt work with the 2.2 update... do I have any more choices?

BlackMarket

Reaction score
No pink facebook icon?? whats up with that? haha.
I put this on my wifes phone and she is all sad that facebook doesnt match the others.

BlackMarket

Reaction score
Im sorry I keep asking questions but.. where do I begin to root? I downloaded the 2.1 and 2.2 updates manually, is rooting anything like that? I had no problems when I did that.

Is there somewhere that will walk me through it?

I tried to download Easyroot but it says it doesnt work with the 2.2 update... do I have any more choices?

this is what I used the first few times...

How To: Root the Motorola Droid (Android 2.0.1 & 2.1) | TheUnlockr

just follow the steps thoroughly and, this thread has links right to all the stuff you need... when you are done (back at v2.0.1) just get universal androot or easyroot (your choice) then get rom manager and enjoy YOUR phone

PS... if you dont think you are up to it... dont do it.