really starting to hate this phone

2froggy

Reaction score
Hey adamsredlines I have been having the same problem. Pics looked great on the phone but when uploaded to Facebook or to the computer they were upside down. I finally got it to work correctly. I flashed back to 2.0.1 and then did the 2.1 update. It is now doing OK.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
Rofl who can go through 7 phones in 4 months... Ive had mine since the beginning of december, rooted in february, and it's still going strong.

R1Lover

Reaction score
or accept the reality that you need to be smarter than the device in order to be able to use it?
ive purposely tried to destroy my phone, just to see if it was truely unbrickable..
still on my first phone, the day they came out.
theres a mathematical equation that can help determine if it is user error, or the device.

if no one else has the same problem, and cant replicate your issues, theres only 2 possibilities.
user error, or hardware/software issues. 99% of the time, its the first one..

I agree with you, although instead of this thread turning into a flame contest, where it very well could have lol, I was trying to go the other route and provide them with a solution...... so in fact they would either follow it or STFU hehe

it seems to have worked. lmao

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey adamsredlines I have been having the same problem. Pics looked great on the phone but when uploaded to Facebook or to the computer they were upside down. I finally got it to work correctly. I flashed back to 2.0.1 and then did the 2.1 update. It is now doing OK.

See, a solution for someone at least.

froggy, when u were on 2.1 the first time, did you do the OTA update or manual install it the first time? And did you do the OTA this time or manual install it this time?

bje1982

Reaction score
My suggestion is to get rid of the phone and delete your account on this forum immediately.

Seriously.

Ohhhhh noooooo heeeeeeee diiiiidddnnnnnntttttttt......
Ohhhhh yessssss heeeeeeeee diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:icon_eek: dancedroid

2froggy

Reaction score

froggy, when u were on 2.1 the first time, did you do the OTA update or manual install it the first time? And did you do the OTA this time or manual install it this time?

First time was OTA. Then I RSD flashed to 2.0.1 and then rooted to 2.1.

bje1982

Reaction score
So I guess every few days when something acts stupid with this phone I should wipe it clean and start over? What's the point of this phone having all this socalled ability when its gotta be reformatted every week? :(

OpErAtoR ErRorrrr

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i rooted mine on day 2.....never looked back...this phone is an amazing device....better than any windows ....blackberry and apple crap....please enjoy responsibly...

I like that LOL.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

First time was OTA. Then I RSD flashed to 2.0.1 and then rooted to 2.1.

OK. so when you rooted the 2.1, did you manually root it (with adb) or did you install the 2.1 update with superuser, etc already included? I'm just trying to get specifics for the OP cuz its likely she had a bad update install. I think thats what the mystery 69MB 2.1 update that was seen recently might be about.

A possible fix for her could be to flash back to 2.0.1 and let the OTA install again. (I went back to 2.0.1 to see something last week and on first boot the OTA was downloading.)

meepstone

Reaction score
i cant begin to tlel you ho many problems i have had with this phone. since day once its been crap. i have had 7 droids in the past 4 months. they all have the same glitchy problems, clicking one thing and it doing another, i hate how unfriendly text messaging is and how much aggravation i have with this thing. i upgraded to this phone in January too. thank god i was able to get my point across and Verizon is going to give me a free upgrade to the incredible. and give me a free month next month...

You went through 7 droids in 4 months? Sounds like user error to me. Find it hard to believe you got 7 faulty phones...

brando56894

Reaction score
I know at least 5 other technologically literate people who also have droids and they haven't had any major problems with them (like the ones you guys describe). Some of my friends who know people that have droids said they have a lot of problems with them and some have returned them. I tend to think these "problems" are just typical software errors that we all deal with on a regular basis but some people can't handle it or don't know how to fix the simple problems. Android is a (relatively) new OS and of course its going to have some bugs, that's why they release updates. As for the droid: it's a new piece of technology that will probably have a few kinks here and there but that's expected with everything that's new.

At the OP: if you hate the phone just because the pictures mess up, you most likely haven't explored the phone and found 95% of the other features that work perfectly and make this an awesome device. If you can't get it to work stock, why not try rooting it and see if that fixes anything?

i rooted mine on day 2.....never looked back...this phone is an amazing device....better than any windows ....blackberry and apple crap....please enjoy responsibly...

Same here, I got the phone back in the beginning of march and immediately started reading up on all the stuff you could do to it, I though it was a little risky since there's a lot of "cover your a$$" warnings saying that you could brick your phone and such. I was a little leery of this since I had just bricked my xbox360 that was a year old by trying to do the JTAG hack (I fried the southbridge with rogue solder). After I found matth3w's guide I followed it with no problems and haven't had a serious problem yet. I have had a lot of software problems but that's most likely due to incompatible roms, kernels, and just plain ignorance on how stuff should work (what rom will play nice with what kernel, what settings to use, etc..). For example, any version of CM will run fine for me but JRummy's CM is always laggy for me, and it always seemed that no matter what kernel I tried and what rom I tried, it would always become laggy and crash a lot after 2 day to a week. I'm on BB v1 with a 1.2GHz kernel and its solid except for the occasional crash, which happens even on stock android devices (Ive seen FCs on my friends HTC eris and incredibles).

if no one else has the same problem, and cant replicate your issues, theres only 2 possibilities.
user error, or hardware/software issues. 99% of the time, its the first one..

I was just about to say that but you beat me to it! :D Most problems with technology are due to user error, even though the user will swear up and down that its a hardware problem.

Last edited:

Nick177th

Reaction score
for ****s and giggles, my problems range from glitchy screen, unresponsive screen, randomly shutting down, loosing every icon on my home screen, restarting, i touch one thing it does the other, randomly making calls on its own, bars go to one when i make a call but are at full with 3g when static, displays full charge then half charge then full charge..., dropped calls, speakers working intermittently, ringers going in an out.

this is a basic list off the top of my head of problems that i have had, there are more i could think of. every phone has had at least 90% of these issues. this is from immediate turn on straight out of the box.

Dude, before you have a stroke, why don't you just cut your losses and get a different kind of device? Not sure if it was you or the OP who felt like their intelligence was being questioned but, the mods on this forum don't stand for that. I'm sure you've been in your VZW store enough about your problems with the many Droids you've had to warrant a "switchout" for lack of a better term.

The only problems I've had is with a couple of apps. Actually, before we got the 2.0.1 update, I had to do a battery pull once. Droid was saying that battery was low right after I fully charged it. No other problems or episodes with my device. Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to figure it out. I'd march my narrow azz right to VZW and tell them I'm through with the Droid saga. JMHO.

Reaction score
Personally I think you guys are being had. This is just a troll trying to see how long a topic will go on. I stopped believing the guy when he said he was a Cell phone repairman. This is probably some other phone owner just making up crap to mess with us. :iphone: :blackberry: :palm: