really starting to hate this phone

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
  1. With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
  2. Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
  3. Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
  4. From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
  5. Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

I take it this is more thorough than doing the factory reset through settings? I guess b/c of the wipe part of it? I haven't been stock in so long I haven't used either of those.

ilikefishes

Reaction score
thank God you arent a betting man, because you would loose your ass, damn why is it that people see a smaller post count next to my name and think that im retarded.

please dont talk to me like im stupid, Ive had a higher IQ at the age of 19 the most full grown adults.. TRUST ME I DID EVERYTHING I CAN, i am very smart person and no moron to electronics especially to phones. in fact, if you walk into the att, radio shack, or apple store here in the Florida keys they are going to put MY business card in your hand and tell you how great of a job i do, there is a reason for that, i have accounts that stretch up all the way to Key Largo and all throughout key west..

I never had time to install apps on my phone after the second one. and it only had a few basic apps like Pandora, reware, dolphin. factory resets get pointless to me after the second time. not sure how many of you have had to have refurbished phones, but every one i have recieved has problems.

i know google is my friend and have been using it forever. i research twice as much as most normal people and a bigger geek then i care to explain.

there is no way i could even begin to explain the problems i have experienced adequately enough for you to understand. you know how crappy it is to spend hours on the phone with service department rep that is less intelligent then you are?
Sir, you are being kind of ridiculous. As a cell phone repair man, do you wear a uniform like the Maytag guy? You state that you are intelligent and that you are smarter and have a higher IQ than most. Well, you might want to start to use proper punctuation. It will give you more credibility. Whenever you are ready to accept peoples help, and you can come to understanding that even though you are intelligent and know more than most, there are people out there that know more about the Droid than you do. Obviously.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've read through most if not all this thread. No offense to the OP but it sure seems like you've got your mind made up that the Droid is a lemon. Fine, I won't argue the point with you. On the other hand when people like R1 offer you assistance you really should pay attention if you want to get it resolved.

I don't think your dumb, I don't think you're not capable of understanding but I do believe you're missing a piece of the puzzle (for you). Anyway since you are this unhappy I suggest you calling Verizon and tell them how unhappy you are with the Droid. They will usually come up with an offer to help dissatisfied customers, they are very good about that. Then ask for a Blackberry Storm.

Then you can tell us how that worked out for you. Or just get any other Blackberry. Want a Windows phone try one of those. It's obvious you don't like what you have, explain it to Verizon with the passion you have put in your posts.

Good luck to you, sir.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
I believe you are getting myself (the OP), and the other guy confused. I'm trying to get this worked out...

R1Lover

Reaction score
I believe you are getting myself (the OP), and the other guy confused. I'm trying to get this worked out...

So have you done the above steps? is everything working now? or what are your concerns or questions at this point. I'll be around this morning to help.

:)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you had any luck with R1's tips?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I saw your remark to Ludacrosse05 and I thought you were responding to R1.

My apologies. It was kind of sandwiched in between there. And I just woke up on my first cup of coffee.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Haven't done the reset yet, I'm trying to get all mu stuff backed up but my computer isn't cooperating (imagine that lol)

crackedvenom

Reaction score
had mine for about two months. been on 2.1 every since i got it, and ive never had any problems with photos or anything. i love this phone

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, what aboit (sic) paid apps?

You're paid apps will be available to you in the Market. You won't have to pay for them again.

Sorry you're having problems. I've had mine since 11/06/09 and am pleased with it. No, it's not rooted (yet), but it's doing what I expected it to do.

Last edited:

pepsi149

Reaction score
i rooted mine on day 2.....never looked back...this phone is an amazing device....better than any windows ....blackberry and apple crap....please enjoy responsibly...

Reaction score
all i can do is lol at people like the one who said he had 7 droid in 4 months. everyone knows you just wanted the incredible once you found out about it. no one goes through 7 phones without being in a "special" school or doing it on purpose. i've had mine since release in november and havent had one problem. rooted midway through january and wouldnt trade this phone for any other phone in the world out now. some complainers on here are ridiculous. lol..

its not the phones fault its smarter than you!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Some wanted to RANT..... I offered help and a solution.....

still waiting on them to accept the help. :)

boostdscoob

Reaction score
or accept the reality that you need to be smarter than the device in order to be able to use it?
ive purposely tried to destroy my phone, just to see if it was truely unbrickable..
still on my first phone, the day they came out.
theres a mathematical equation that can help determine if it is user error, or the device.

if no one else has the same problem, and cant replicate your issues, theres only 2 possibilities.
user error, or hardware/software issues. 99% of the time, its the first one..