really starting to hate this phone

Nick177th

Reaction score
This thread was/is interesting to say the least. The "Maytag Repair man" comment dam near had me on the floor laughing. Can't remember which one of the whiners were saying how intelligent they are but, the spelling and grammar were atrocious. R1 tried to help but, as another poster was saying, I think they were just talking sh$#. One of the whiners said they really didn't have that many apps on their phone but, they listed like a gazillion widgets. Thanks OP. This entertained me for like a good hour or so.

2froggy

Reaction score
See, a solution for someone at least.

froggy, when u were on 2.1 the first time, did you do the OTA update or manual install it the first time? And did you do the OTA this time or manual install it this time?

First time was OTA. Then I RSD flashed to 2.0.1 and then rooted to 2.1.

OK. so when you rooted the 2.1, did you manually root it (with adb) or did you install the 2.1 update with superuser, etc already included? I'm just trying to get specifics for the OP cuz its likely she had a bad update install. I think thats what the mystery 69MB 2.1 update that was seen recently might be about.

A possible fix for her could be to flash back to 2.0.1 and let the OTA install again. (I went back to 2.0.1 to see something last week and on first boot the OTA was downloading.)

I did the update file with superuser into root of sd. I'd probably just try reflashing to 2.0.1 and let it do the 2.1 OTA. If you're not wanting to play, that seems like the safest. I've had NO problems after the update.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a longer thread dedicated to an OP who clearly said he didnt want help...

And just for the record, it's a statistical impossibility that the OP got 7 faulty phone. I'd give him 3, maybe 4 on a really good day, but 7 is right up.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't believe it was the OP that had 7 faulty phones, and the OP has been accepting help - it was that tony guy that did all of that

Nick177th

Reaction score
ilikefishes;459269Sir said:
As a cell phone repair man, do you wear a uniform like the Maytag guy?[/COLOR] You state that you are intelligent and that you are smarter and have a higher IQ than most. Well, you might want to start to use proper punctuation. It will give you more credibility. Whenever you are ready to accept peoples help, and you can come to understanding that even though you are intelligent and know more than most, there are people out there that know more about the Droid than you do. Obviously.

These two lines were classic. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

iPirate

Reaction score
I think the picture problem is something with photobucket trying to correct the picture.

I took a picture upside down and emailed it to myself. On the Droid it auto corrected it. On my PC it showed the picture as upside down, just how I took it.

titans1

Reaction score
i would have to agree with you guys. i think it was just a pot stirrer. prob an ipho moron.dancedroid

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Ya know, its amazing, I come here with an honest issue and then someone else jumps in and starts crap, and now I am a moron/iphone junkie....whatever you wanna call it.

If its operator error, please explain how. I deleted all pics from my phone and retook the same series of about 12 pics....and three decided to reorient themselves on the phone. Two are rotated 90* and one (another pic of the Jeep I posted earlier) is completely upside down. I don't see how that could possibly be operator error.
I have one video on my phone I would like to save before doing a reset, but when I hook my phone up to the computer, I hear the beep, says its connected, but I can't find the device in my computer.
I will be the first to say I'm not a computer guru. I use a computer all day every day, but when issues arise....that's why we have an IT department. I came here asking for honest advice and will perform the suggested reset as soon as I can get this video off my phone.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
**Sits Back, Drinks a beer** "Well, Never understood why mom had to watch her Soaps...Untill Now." Good stuff lol.
That's a nice car you have (if that is yours) lol...is that story in your sig really true?

Reaction score
**Sits Back, Drinks a beer** "Well, Never understood why mom had to watch her Soaps...Untill Now." Good stuff lol.
That's a nice car you have (if that is yours) lol...is that story in your sig really true?

Yeah thats my baby, and its kinda true lol. they were nosy and didnt keep thier eyes on the road, hit the car in front of them no one was hurt, but i sure had a good laugh.