really starting to hate this phone

movadoevo8

Reaction score
for ****s and giggles, my problems range from glitchy screen, unresponsive screen, randomly shutting down, loosing every icon on my home screen, restarting, i touch one thing it does the other, randomly making calls on its own, bars go to one when i make a call but are at full with 3g when static, displays full charge then half charge then full charge..., dropped calls, speakers working intermittently, ringers going in an out.

this is a basic list off the top of my head of problems that i have had, there are more i could think of. every phone has had at least 90% of these issues. this is from immediate turn on straight out of the box.

I don't get any of those issues with my phone. I been stock for the longest i only recently rooted my phone 1 week ago and i still have no issues.

R1Lover

Reaction score
for ****s and giggles, my problems range from glitchy screen, unresponsive screen, randomly shutting down, loosing every icon on my home screen, restarting, i touch one thing it does the other, randomly making calls on its own, bars go to one when i make a call but are at full with 3g when static, displays full charge then half charge then full charge..., dropped calls, speakers working intermittently, ringers going in an out.

this is a basic list off the top of my head of problems that i have had, there are more i could think of. every phone has had at least 90% of these issues. this is from immediate turn on straight out of the box.

Weather you want to believe it or not... those of us whom have been using the droid for over 6 months have a hard time believing you are having the same issues with 7 different droids..... when in fact most of us have none of these issues with our first one.

We are here to help you if you want help.... if you just want to rant... then you have done that so unless you really want to listen and get help with this matter then I would suggest you just have the thread closed.

Again we are all here to help you, but you need to actually listen and stop being an arse about it.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Now if you really want help... here is where you start.

1. Make sure you have over 50% charge on your phone
2. If you are running a custom rom, then flash the 2.1 SBF file and format your sdcard.
3. If you are running a default stock rom, then do a factory reset, and format your sdcard.
4. Once you have flashed the 2.1 sbf, or done the factory reset and card format, then test everything before installing anything.

Once you have done this then please report back.

If your unsure how to flash an sbf, let us know and we can help you.

Last edited:

ilikefishes

Reaction score
Now if you really want help... here is where you start.

1. If you are running a custom rom, then flash the 2.1 SBF file and format your sdcard.
2. If you are running a default stock rom, then do a factory reset, and format your sdcard.
3. Once you have flashed the 2.1 sbf, then test everything before installing anything.

Once you have done this then please report back.

If your sure how to flash an sbf, let us know and we can help you.
Take his advice guys. Everyone is here to help you out. I have had a ton of problems with any smart phone I have ever owned. This phone has given me some issues as well. But, with the help of these guys, I have found out how to make the phone work for me. It is by far the best business tool I have ever invested in. Get it working and watch it smoke!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Your pics are stored on your sdcard, plug in your phone to your pc then copy what you want onto your pc before you format the sdcard.

Ok what is a sbf?
Also, what will happen to all my pics when I reformat the phone?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Dunno what a rom is but I've not modded this, just downloaded basic apps from the market....

R1Lover

Reaction score
Ok, then skip the sbf, and do the rest.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

tonynalli

Reaction score

Weather you want to believe it or not... those of us whom have been using the droid for over 6 months have a hard time believing you are having the same issues with 7 different droids..... when in fact most of us have none of these issues with our first one.

We are here to help you if you want help.... if you just want to rant... then you have done that so unless you really want to listen and get help with this matter then I would suggest you just have the thread closed.

Again we are all here to help you, but you need to actually listen and stop being an arse about it.

i completely understand that its hard to believe that there have been this many problems with this phone. its hard for me to believe too. but if i gave you any of these phones for a day, you'd throw it at me. there are many other friends of mine that are having the exact same problems so im defiantly not the only one. maybe its a regional thing...who knows

i understand that a big portion of you guys are here to help, i really do. ive been part of forums for over 10 years. i also have been part of forums long enough to realize that the other part of the people heres main reason is to just to talk crap about something they no nothing about. and say that i am the problem. when i clearly am not. its hard to make people that have never met me nor have ever experienced the same problems to realize the kind of time and effort ive spent on this thing.

r1lover, thank you.i appreciate it. although ive spent enough time working on computers and phones in my life to realize that those obligatory things that you mentioned are the first thing i did. and that was a long time ago. with ZERO success

dont make it seem like im not willing to listen and learn, trust me i am. and i have done anything and everything that this and several other forums informed me AND THEN SOME. im not looking to try to fix this problem because its past that now. i figured out everything i needed to do on my first one. hell i even bought a new memory card and battery to make sure that neither of those were an issue.

OP
A

adamsredlines

Reaction score
Ludacrosse- thanks for adding nothing to the discussion. If that's all the use you're going to be, please find another thread.

As far as doing the reset for those who are actually being helpful, I am seeing two different resets. Do you have a link to instructions for the one you're suggesting?

R1Lover

Reaction score
  1. With your Motorola Droid still powered "Off," slide open the keyboard.
  2. Press and hold the "X" button on the keyboard while pressing the "Power/Unlock" button, located next to the 3.5mm headphone jack. Continue holding down the buttons until a yellow triangle "Warning Sign" appears on the screen.
  3. Once the yellow warning sign appears, press the physical "Volume UP" and "Camera" buttons simultaneously until a new menu appears. This may take several attempts before success.
  4. From the new menu that appears on-screen, go down to the "wipe data/factory reset" option using the Directional-Pad next to the keyboard, and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad to confirm.
  5. Scroll down to the "Yes -- delete all user data" and press the "Center" button on the D-Pad once more. That's it! When your Motorola Droid is done wiping all saved applications, information, and settings, your device will be back to the factory settings.

R1Lover

Reaction score

i completely understand that its hard to believe that there have been this many problems with this phone. its hard for me to believe too. but if i gave you any of these phones for a day, you'd throw it at me. there are many other friends of mine that are having the exact same problems so im defiantly not the only one. maybe its a regional thing...who knows

i understand that a big portion of you guys are here to help, i really do. ive been part of forums for over 10 years. i also have been part of forums long enough to realize that the other part of the people heres main reason is to just to talk crap about something they no nothing about. and say that i am the problem. when i clearly am not. its hard to make people that have never met me nor have ever experienced the same problems to realize the kind of time and effort ive spent on this thing.

r1lover, thank you.i appreciate it. although ive spent enough time working on computers and phones in my life to realize that those obligatory things that you mentioned are the first thing i did. and that was a long time ago. with ZERO success

dont make it seem like im not willing to listen and learn, trust me i am. and i have done anything and everything that this and several other forums informed me AND THEN SOME. im not looking to try to fix this problem because its past that now. i figured out everything i needed to do on my first one. hell i even bought a new memory card and battery to make sure that neither of those were an issue.

ok, if your not willing to let us help you and you have done everything, please stop posting in this thread so others can get help.

p.s. I will add that the new battery and sdcard you have installed could be some of the issue as well. But since you are not willing to try anything else, then my help is not needed for you.

Thanks