[ROM] |RAZRX v1.0| |12/14/2011|

Reaction score
Hi there...

I have been flashing ROMs and things for about 2 years now but have never used safestrap before. I have a couple of questions for people that have used it.
1) Do I need to back up in non safe mod to my sd card before I do anything?
2) When switching to safe mode it seems that it automatically creates a backup, correct?
3) If for some reason in safe mode I get in a bootloop after flashing will I be able to enter in safestrap from the bootloop?

Thanks for the help!!!!

A back up is certainly recommended. I made a backup in non safe mode first just so I have it.

When switching between modes, it does make a quick backup of your data but it is not a full system backup.

For the razr, no matter where you are, just do a hard reset....power button and volume down at the same time for 20 seconds or so. Phone will reboot and safestrap menu option automatically comes up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How "removable" is Safestrap for when an update comes along? I know it is easy enough to unfreeze apps and unroot, but does Safestrap dig in too deep to just uninstall and be done with it so you can upgrade OTA?

MDDvoracek

Reaction score
Hey, I'm pretty new to this whole rooting thing. I just got my RAZR on Thursday, rooted it yesterday, and I just installed this ROM.
I was just wondering, how do I get dock that you have in the screenshot? Also, unrelated, what's the name of that clock widget?

Thanks

OP
DroidTh3ory

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Hey, I'm pretty new to this whole rooting thing. I just got my RAZR on Thursday, rooted it yesterday, and I just installed this ROM.
I was just wondering, how do I get dock that you have in the screenshot? Also, unrelated, what's the name of that clock widget?

Thanks

That is GoLauncher with the ICS Pro theme. The clock widget is ICS Clock. :)

All are available in Market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jtsativa420

Reaction score
DT: One more question I posted earlier. You may have not seen it and you may have answered this before, but what is the point of wiping cache having previously done a factory reset? Isn't formatting cache one of the steps of the factory reset?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
DroidTh3ory, can you please link to the specific theme...there are quite a few ICS themes out there. I am using one very similar but lacks a couple features from what I am seeing. In addition I am curious about safestrap. I installed it following all the links provided and flashed this ROM without a hitch. Even went back and forth a few times between stock and this to get a comfortable feel for the interchange....which I now see was almost a retarded act....but moving on....should another ROM come along I would basically treat the safe and non safe modes as independent partitions right? Meaning if I factory reset in non safe it has no affect on safe and the same in return.

So as long as I flash (insert name) ROM on safe I will always have my stock to go back to.....right?

So...my next question is....is there anyway something done in safe CAN affect non safe?

Last question....any chance of a ROM coming up that is more.....let say....ICS and less GB. I often find ROM's just deodexed and themed almost boring when they are based off the same system that I am currently running. I rarely use stock launcher, but find blur with Go launcher or whatever bearable. Not saying that this ROM is boring....just saying I am more interested in tasting some ICS on my Razr. IF you do have something in the works....and nothing done in safe affects non safe ;) I would be more than willing to test for you.

Nice ROM....oh....another last question....will TiBu backup's able to be restored in non safe if made in safe?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
DT: One more question I posted earlier. You may have not seen it and you may have answered this before, but what is the point of wiping cache having previously done a factory reset? Isn't formatting cache one of the steps of the factory reset?

Just do it. Best rule to "flash" by is to wipe 3 times....meaning Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik. I have said this before and I will say it again.....If you no wipey you gonna have streaks in your undies:blink:.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
Just do it. Best rule to "flash" by is to wipe 3 times....meaning Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe davlik. I have said this before and I will say it again.....If you no wipey you gonna have streaks in your undies:blink:.

+1

jtsativa420

Reaction score

Very well put. I definitely follow the rules. I was just curious the reason or if actually did something different.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just seems to provide the best possible result. I guess the only way I can say it is I have done this with every flash I have ever done and I have watched people have issues with the same flash's that didn't do the following. My guess is it cleans out any potentially corrupted files or what have you that could create an issue.

Maybe someone else has a more technological explanation.

Baseballd2

Reaction score
Few questions with using safestrap....

Whats the best way to flash back between roms? Just by restoring my old backup like I would in CWR?

And what exactly is safe mode?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you don't "flash back between rom's".....you just switch modes.

Did you just finish flashing? If so do this.

Reboot your phone....go into the recovery and switch to the other mode....if you are in safe switch to non safe....then reboot. It will be your other (stock) ROM untouched and exactly as you left it. Then reboot....go back into recovery...and switch safe modes back....when you reboot you will be back on your new ROM.

Should you wish to flash another ROM you always flash it over the new ROM....never over the (stock) one. That way you always have the stock one to go back to.

that is my understanding at least.

B-RAN

Reaction score
you don't "flash back between rom's".....you just switch modes.

Did you just finish flashing? If so do this.

Reboot your phone....go into the recovery and switch to the other mode....if you are in safe switch to non safe....then reboot. It will be your other (stock) ROM untouched and exactly as you left it. Then reboot....go back into recovery...and switch safe modes back....when you reboot you will be back on your new ROM.

Should you wish to flash another ROM you always flash it over the new ROM....never over the (stock) one. That way you always have the stock one to go back to.

that is my understanding at least.

Question.. for some reason should I boot loop will a hard reset put me back into safestrap mod so I can get back into non safe mod

dalt0n1994

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I followed the instructions perfectly and flashed this rom and it has been nothing short of amazing so far :D One question though, I can't seem to get Motocast to work? This is kinda of a big problem because I use it everyday listening to music, watching movies, all of its other various uses. Anyone else have this problem or had it and now have a solution to fix it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I followed the instructions perfectly and flashed this rom and it has been nothing short of amazing so far :D One question though, I can't seem to get Motocast to work? This is kinda of a big problem because I use it everyday listening to music, watching movies, all of its other various uses. Anyone else have this problem or had it and now have a solution to fix it? Thanks!

Moto cast was not included in the ROM but the Dev did include a separate flashable addon that puts motocast back on with all other blur and vz bloat.

Or if you go to page 3 of this thread, the post at the to had a link that will foretaste addon for just the motocast player without the extra bloat/ blur.

Last edited: